main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Why Starkiller fits into the EU *essay*

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    But yes, 100% agree with Blackmyron. TFU2's ending is a clusterkark of epic proportions in terms of storytelling. What's insane is they didn't even have to do another game. They could have just done a DLC.

"Dantooine level - Darth Vader escapes!"

2. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Evidently TFU DLC needs to be non-canon.

3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    the whole thing needs to be non canon. especially tfu 2

4. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I disagree. Most because of this sketch.

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    That sketch needs to be canon.

Grey1 and DigitalMessiah like this.
  6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Hmmm.... you know what... since I have recently actually been playing the game again... the story would actually work so much better if the Rebel Alliance was not dragged into it at all. I mean after the failed assassination of Palpatine Starkiller just strikes out on his own (with Juno of course, though for all I care she could be cut from the game and it would make it better do to him not just screaming Juno a few hundred times), picking up sabotaging the Empire out of revenge and in an attempt to get back at the Emperor. He can pick up Kota on the way and he can just scrap back together some of his militia. Most of the canon problems of this game would really just fade if the Rebels are not in on it and it was just Starkiller, Juno and his semi insane left-offer Jedi Buddy + company. Of course their efforts need to fail, since the Rebellion still needs to take down the Empire, but they could just have had their own little dramatic quest and all, without blowing a huge whole into canon.

Zeta1127 and JediMatteus like this.
  7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Sadly, I agree. Though this is because I think the game was TOO concerned with canon. It wanted to make a story which neatly fit our hero into a cause which he has little emotional devotion to. They should have narrowed it down to being about Starkiller, Vader, and Juno. I'd have modified it the following.

Warning - Complete Fanfic Ahead.

Note: This increases Juno's role drastically.

1. First half of the game, completely the same.
    2. Vader betrays Starkiller, still gold.
    3. Vader says they're going to kill the Emperor but they need to re-route the Emperor to a place he's vulnerable. They need to arrange a series of terrorist assaults to get the Emperor to visit his new battle station.
    4. Starkiller recruits Kota then rescues Leia, Bail, etc.
    5. Starkiller blows up the Raxus Prime shipyards which are assembling material for the construction of the Death Star.
    6. Starkiller hangs out with Bail Organa on Alderaan as he shares his plan to assassinate Palpatine. Bail and Kota think its incredibly stupid.
    7. You briefly get to play as Juno Eclipse on a mission on Imperial Center meant to compromise the security of the palace. She's badass.
    8. Vader captures Juno, betraying you. Again.
    9. You head to the Death Star as the Alderaanian resistance and Kota launch an attack above Despayre.
    10. The Emperor reveals that this is all a trap and that he's testing Lord Vader against someone who is (almost) as strong as him.
    11. Juno escapes and fights her way to the throne room.
    12. Your final choice is to save Juno from a bunch of Royal Guard and escape or kill Vader.
    13. If you choose to kill Vader, the Chosen One's last act is to bring down the entire throne room on you.
    14. If you escape with Eclipse, Palpatine vows to hunt you down.

If I were to do the Force Unleashed 2, I'd have it so Juno Eclipse and Starkiller are living peacefully on Alderaan with the latter's powers having faded due to his abandoning of the Dark Side. Master Kota has been missing the entire time and hasn't chosen to train him in the Force.

It'd be completely different from TFU2, of course. I'd have Starkiller and Juno leave on a mission for Bail Organa to rescue his daughter from the Death Star, only for it to blow up Alderaan and leave Starkiller in a coma (from the Force Disturbance) with their ship damaged and drifting in space.

I'd then do it like Resident Evil 2 with dual-protagonists.

I'd probably center it around the Underworld with Starkiller and Juno having no way to get back in touch with the Rebel Alliance. So they wander the galaxy for about two and a half years with Starkiller regaining control over the Force and seeking out Rahm Kota. In the end, after dodging Black Sun and Jabba's organization, they discover a holocron which reveals Rahm Kota has turned to the Mysteries of the Sith to try and destroy Palpatine and Vader.

He's going to awaken an ancient army of them (possibly tying him to Tyber Zahn). TFU3 would be Starkiller and Juno versus his Sith army with Vader dying in the middle of the final mission. You can then spare or kill Kota. In the aftermath of the "Good" ending, Anakin Skywalker's spirit visits Starkiller and tells him to seek out Luke Skywalker.

"You shall be the first of his new apprentices."

Sable_Hart likes this.
  8. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    o_O

Which is why cutting the Rebels out completely would make it better.

No need for Leia and Bail actually, he could just go to Kashyyyk because it is providing labor for the Death Star project. Felucia is little harder to fit but just have him save some Militia guys there.

Again no need, he can just tell Kota and have him tell it is stupid.

What for? If the Death Star project is having problems the Emperor will be going there, also attacking Imperial Center is insane.

Again no need, since Vader plans to kill the Emperor on the Death Star anyway, just have Starkiller sneak aboard anyway.

Kota and his troopers gets captured, Galen tries to save them, like in the game the Emperor sends Vader to fight him, the Emperor goads them on.

Or like in the game to strike down Vader in rage and get crushed by the Emperor for it, or save Kota and die in heroic manner for it.

With that you can still have the Starkiller Clones idea for TFU 2 and instead just have him hook up with Kota and his Gang instead of a whole Rebel Armada to attack Kamino, you will then just have a desperate sneak attack instead. You could really keep just about all of TFU and TFU 2 in place, just cut the Rebels and Juno (or keep her and just have her stay with the Militia) and that is that.

9. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah, I used Bail Organa and had Juno do stuff because I like them both. Without them, the game is less fun (again) for me.

As for attacking Imperial Center, she is trying to break into the Palace so the Emperor will move.

(Not knowing Palpatine knows it's all a subterfuge)

Yeah, if I wanted the game to SUCK. It's why people hated Mass Effect 3 and Fallout 3's original ending. You were railroaded into an unhappy ending.

10. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    it would have been fun to play as juno as a break from a force user character. She could be like Mara Jade.. twin blasters and an attitude. lol

11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I admit, that's a real big issue in Star Wars.

Part of the reason KOTOR is so outrageously popular is the option to play a character who looks like you or different.

The addition of female options adds +50% of the population's interest.

Also, I think it'd be nice to have more Muggles who can do something.

:)

12. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    No ME 3 ending was hated because it did not show what happened to the rest of the galaxy and made it look like they are screwed anyway despite Shep giving up her life, or not if you take the "evil" ending.

Fallout 3 had way more problems then that games ending, trust me.

13. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
  14. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    The reasons why these endings sucked is because both games pretended to give you choices when in fact there really wasn't much choice in the endings at all. I doubt a sad ending with Force Unleashed would have the same problem, because it is a linear game and since it is a forgone conclusion that the Emperor is going to beat you.

Gorefiend likes this.
  15. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    to me fallut three was awesome. I see more problems with New Vegas. But i just enjoyed the violence and exploration of fallout 3. we had bigger reasons to care in the Mass effect franchise

16. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    How can anyone even remotely like Fallout 3 more then New Vegas?!? [face_dunno]

17. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    You know, I DO wonder why Palpatine named an entire super Stardestroyer class after Juno... there must be a reason.. a connection. ;) just saying

18. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Juno Eclipse is actually his grand-niece!

:)

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  19. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Oh, you do not want to open that can of worms with me around if you don't want a thread derail... :p

(Kidding, mostly - I liked both games)

20. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Juno nicknamed "Eclipse" Pallopides.. Grandniece to the Emperor and Emperor's Hand par excellance...

on a deep undercover mission. Starkiller was just the diversion, she was the real reason. She was who he wanted to insert into his enemies midst.. and it worked! Though some idiot sidekick named Starkiller got himself killed by Vader, then his clone got himself killed again.. and again and again. She was lucky her mission did not depend on this disversion and that Vader straight went for the bait as did the entire proto-Rebellion.

*imagines Imperial undercover agents enjoying tea-time in a Rebel base chatting* Shira Brie, Juno Eclipse and Mara Jade all were infiltrating the Rebellion once...

Shadow Trooper likes this.
  21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I still want the suggestion someone had on these boards years ago to be true, that Juno is just the pre-Marvel years persona of Shira Brie, and that the entire thing, the entire thing, has that added Xanatos-level twist, that added layer of just-in-case from Vader. No matter what happens, whether Vader wins or loses, Juno/Shira would be in with the Rebellion on a much more intimate level than Starkiller, whose very existence makes him a target and who could never be low-profile, it goes against his very nature.

Juno/Shira could remain a member of the Rebellion for years if need be, a sleeper agent feeding Vader enough information to keep them from actually accomplishing much of note but letting them succeed enough to keep drawing out support from across the more traitorous sections of the Empire. Thus fulfilling the same mission Starkiller was supposed to accomplish in the first place. Sure, it'd toss out chunks of the Marvel comics, but those weren't exactly brilliant at depicting pre-Lumiya Shira anyway.

You can bet, were I the scriptwriter of TFU III, that's something I'd do. But I'm not. So, it's just a fan theory, nothing more. [face_sigh]

Ulicus likes this.
  22. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  23. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I got lost - would Ulicus be the scriptwriter, the Emperor's niece, or would the idea be Ulicus and there's been another new adjective without me noticing?

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes.

Draconarius likes this.
  25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    yeah i love both games too, but to me New Vegas was not that superior. The only great things is you have some control of the end game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.