main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why the bad reviews???? Nostalgia...

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by 18-Toys, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 18-Toys

18-Toys Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    bob, yes i do have a lot of built up anger... i guess i'm a little like anakin.. yeah, i could use a shoulder massage, wait!! your name is bob?? you better go see the balding ewok...

2. 18-Toys

18-Toys Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    baldy,

Um I am not going to go back into the television archives and find the many critics that said that the OT was better, there were to many.. it was a 'general statement'... again Relax.. and finally..

Yes you are a flamer, don't let your boyfreind know that you like the olson twins though he might get jealous...

Nate

3. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    dude, you earned yourself a one-way ticket to baneland.

4. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Ok, let me see if I understand you. First you dismiss all your posts in this thread except for two sentences. You openly admit to everyone on this board that everything you have typed is of no consequence and should be ignored.

>>>the only thing that I want to get across to you is my quote from Onehate, which is:
    "I DONT GIVE A #### IF YOU LIKED ANY SW MOVIE EVER MY COMPLAINTS ARE NOT ABOUT THE MOVIES, THEY ARE ABOUT HYPOCRITICAL CRITICS", "rabidbaldingewok"<<<

Now your telling us that you can't even find any proof to back up the two sentences that you want us to pay atention to.

>>>m I am not going to go back into the television archives and find the many critics that said that the OT was better, there were to many.. it was a 'general statement<<<

And then to top it all off once you realize how utterly pointless you have made this thread by refuting everything you have typed and inability to back up your two lines of profound musing you start running your mouth off like a 8 year old. Classic, I love pointless threads. :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

5. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    18-Toys

Go to www.rottentomatoes.com for old reviews of the OT when they originally came out (not the bogus SE reviews). ESB and ROTJ got worse reviews than TPM or AOTC.

6. 18-Toys

18-Toys Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    I have said those two sentences in every single post reinstating that that was my only point that I cared about all along... Do you not have a television set?? Did you not see any tv coverage of the movie?? Every entertainment show out there said what I said.. If you are oblivious to current events, so be it, keep living in 1977...

btw you sound like the 8 year olds I used to pick on (maybe you were one of them) "leave me alone.. don't insult me.. i'm gonna tell.. you are too smart for me.. i'm gonna go watch full house now"

Nate

7. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    Sounds like someone has some self-esteem issues. And a Full House fixation. I hope you feel big now.

8. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>btw you sound like the 8 year olds I used to pick on (maybe you were one of them) "leave me alone.. don't insult me.. i'm gonna tell.. you are too smart for me.. i'm gonna go watch full house now"<<<

[image=http://www.lamer.net/blownaway.jpg]

-----signature-----

9. 18-Toys

18-Toys Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    i didn't mean to blow you away... maybe you should leave that up to...... well may be i shouldn't go there...

that's a nice picture your man took of you, but it has nothing to do with Star Wars and I think that I will report you...

thank you Nate

10. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    18 Toys I can't fight it anymore......

[image=http://www.lamer.net/sexyuo.jpg]

Now with that out of the way do you have anything intelligent to add to your over generalization?

-----signature-----

11. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Nothing at all? Thats what I thought. ;)

-----signature-----

12. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    In the old days I used to get mad at statements like this:

"well maybe... just maybe... the movie is bad and considered mediocre at best by people outside of this board."

But now I don't care, I really don't. I could get mad and say that anyone who thinks AOTC is bad has a screw loose. I could claim anyone who thinks ROTJ is better than the prequels is a weak-minded fool clouded by nostaligia. I could even say that people who hate the prequels have no business being here whatsoever. But that's anger, and that way leads to the dark side.
    So I say just sit back and enjoy the ride. It'll all be over by 2005 anyway.
    :D

13. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Perhaps this thread should be left where it belongs...

[image=http://www.contractormag.com/articles/1001/pix/toilet.jpg]

14. jedi-jeff

jedi-jeff Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 2, 2000
    DarthHomer

I could not have said it better. My attitude towards folks that do not like the prequels is simply indifference.

15. 18-Toys

18-Toys Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    all i wanted to do was talk about critics trying to make a name for themselves... i just want to talk about star wars... thats all... this is a forum for star wars posts about episode 2, not a place to post pictures of your homosexual websites... if you want to look at pictures of gay men i suggest you keep that to yourself... i am here to discuss 'Attack of the Clones'.. if you cannot abide by these rules maybe you should leave, and go watch your full house and a talk about poop there... and dont you have anything better to do than to wait for me to respond?

onehate...

16. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Here's a picture of some monkeys fighting with swords. I'm not sure if they're homosexual though.

[image=http://www.westsidefencing.com/images/coaches/monkeys.jpg]

17. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Better ask 18, he seems to be the expert on such matters. ;) Gasp! can it be all intelligent conversation has left this thread? Now were down to discusing homosexual monkeys? :eek: Who woulda thunk. :p

-----signature-----

18. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Critics=crap. They bashed the originals, too.

19. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    >>>They bashed the originals, too.<<<

Thats why 18 call's them hypocrits. Makes sense don't it. :confused:

-----signature-----

20. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    Let's be honest folks,I hate to admit it but I understand why the critics bashed AOTC.I'm not a basher, I thought AOTC effectively continued the SW back story but it was just a good movie,where as the OT was a series of life changing events.If I was an 8 year old watching AOTC I would feel pretty much the same way.I still have high hopes for Episode 3 but it will only live up to the level set by the OT if Lucas gets back in touch with his artistic sensibility and brilliant camera work not yet achieved in the prequels.

21. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Let's be honest folks

I'm plenty honest with myself and I still think AOTC is a great movie, on par with the OT. In fact, I like it better than ANH and it's tied with ROTJ.

As for whether 8 year olds like it, I've heard several reports on this website of people that overheard conversations or have personal experience that indicated that not only do kids think it's great, so do a lot of adults. I do mean great, as in capturing the magic of Star Wars. This is the trilogy of a new generation, and from what I've heard, they love it.

22. 18-Toys

18-Toys Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    guittarjedi,

thank you, thats what i've been trying to say.. it's hard to compare a movie that you saw when you were eight... to a movie you see when you are thirty... nostalgia..

if you didn't see that movie 25 years ago, and then compared it to a current movie (trying to disregard the SE) it would be a different situation... but how many people haven't seen the OT, and can make an unbiased review??? not to many..

nate..
    btw.. why say that ROTJ & the ewoks were the downfall spiral, but then use ewoks eveywhere on your name??

wetadd...

23. 18-Toys

18-Toys Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    it must be bedtime... good night bald ewok... I hope bob sagat tucks you in good.. hope you have sweet dreams of mark hamill..

onehate

24. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    18-Toys : Enjoy your time on the Imperial dungeon ship Perm Ban.

25. onehate

onehate Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    i cant believe that they banned 18toys he had way better comments about AOTC than any ewok... i just hope that they banned 'baldingewok' as well.. probably not though... the mods here are too big of nerds to actually do the right thing....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.