main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why the Bounty Hunter > Jedi/Sith ?!?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Lexotic, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Lexotic

Lexotic Jedi Padawan

Dec 31, 2014
    Heey guys!
    Before im going to ask my question I want to make something clear, I will use all of this in SWTOR. Its all about lore, and lore only.
    Can you guys give me examples why I should be a Bounty Hunter over a Jedi or Sith? Why should I be a bounty hunter if jedi and sith are capable of great things and can use powers, sometimes above imagine, to defeat there enemies? Why should I just leave all the mystical lore and history of these ancient and mysterious professions?
    Im looking for the answers on those questions so i will play a Bounty Hunter with passion and will laugh at all those force wielders who defy me!
    PS: sorry for my english, im dutch ^^

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Because hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good flamethrower at your side.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    Personally I think the storyline is biased. The jedi and sith classes (especially the knight and warrior) get way more attention and detail, and are more important to the story as a whole. It can get quite humbling playing as a non-force user. Trooper could kill some imperial villain who the knight already killed the master of two planets ago or something like that.

4. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Funny... I heard the Imperial Agent got the best storyline of the lot.

You should be a bounty hunter because you get rocket boots, which no other class gets, and - despite the Jedi / Sith use of the Force - you can still do them in.

5. Lexotic

Lexotic Jedi Padawan

Dec 31, 2014
    EDIT: Since it would be completely irrelevant to make a new thread for this is will ask it in this one. Can you guys answer the same question for the
    • Trooper
    and
    • Smuggler
    Thanks in advance!

6. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    To get different story angles and gameplay. Doesn't always work out as well but making SWTOR just a Force-user sim would've been worse.

7. Meyerm

Meyerm Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 17, 2014
    I don't know anything about smuggler, but Trooper pretty much dwells in the realm of battling non-sith imperials for the most part. Trooper is closest you can get to militaristic perspectives, and not too different from other modern/future warfare games in a sense you're an elite soldier that uses guns, armor, and explosives to get the job done.

8. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I haven't played all the classes, but Trooper is the only rep class that I'm aware of (can't answer for jedi consular) that has a point in the storyline where you must use all your companions for a mission. I liked that one a lot.

Troopers / smugglers get to use guns. Allergic to lightsaber burns? Shoot the jedi / sith in the legs! Plus, as a male smuggler, you get allllll the women.

You're the underdog as the smuggler or trooper, and that's exactly why it's good fun to be them. My trooper leads the lines as a tank and soaks up all the damage, my gunslinger kills stuff before the jedi finish reciting the jedi code, and my scoundrel healer can avoid the fights he wants to dodge, yet keep everyone alive when necessary

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I rolled Smuggler - Scoundrel, to be precise. Scrapper, though they've WoW-ified the talents so I'll see how my build stands.

You get to hit on everyone. An epic story. I once punched a man in a cutscene for demanding outrageous compensation over CZ-198 or whatever it's called. Stuff the Jedi or Sith. Scoundrel all the way.