main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Why The Phantom Menace sucks Tauntaun balls

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by thesilverspyder, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
  2. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Well, I watched it until the guy pronounced Protagonist as "Pro-TO-gone-issed" and then he lost all credibility with me. You can't mispronounce a word you spell ON SCREEN and then expect to keep my attention. But I gave him a second chance until the guy said he was glad to hear that Ewan McDonald was going to be in the prequels as Obi-wan. Is that humor? The banter about his son killing himself in a bathroom didn't help either - what was that? Satire? Irony? Or is this supposed to be a precautionary tale? Whatever - not good.

It doesn't take an idiot to see that the prequels aren't in the same league as the original trilogy, but we all give them too much of a hard time as it is to let this idiot pick it apart with his backward knowledge of film. Definitely not worth my 70 minutes. But worth my opinion. ;)

3. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I'm sure its very amusing. When it grosses 431 million domestic I'll listen to it. I understand the dissapointment of the prequels but do you think this guy is a fan of the O.T., Clone Wars etc. etc. or would he make fun of that too? For God's sake its a 10 yr old movie and he's just now able to muster up 70 min. worth of bashing and post it on the internet?! Just wait till he sees that Matrix sequel!

4. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I think you guys may have missed the point. He obviously does like the OT thats pretty obvious in the first 10 min segment. Some of the jokes work, "pro-toe-gan-est" thing was a joke. I laughed out loud. The dead son in the closet was stupid I will grant you that. This guy does know what the basic structure of story telling is though. He points out the flaws of TPM faily effectivly. He uses a goofy voice over and some bad puns but does have many many valid points. There are lots of little things in just the first 10 min that I found very amusing. You might want to give it another look with a more open mind. I don't hate TPM but Lord knows it could/should have been better. I didn't know 8049 and Sithmonger put it on such a pedistal that it couldn't be mocked. lol

5. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    I thought the pro-TOE-gah-nist thing was hysterical. I thought it was done on purpose (maybe we were wrong) but I laughed aloud as well. Actually alot. Especially at the parts where they were describing the characters. And I seriously don't mind anyone making fun of something as long as they are a fan. I gathered he was a fan (again, possibly wrong) but in my mind it is the same as me making fun of BJ or the kids. I love them, but you can't help but just make fun of them!

6. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    I definitely don't put TPM on a pedestal and already know what's wrong with it. But I guess I'm not "cool" if I can't sit through this guy's supposedly "genius" ranting about Episode I. And the protagonist thing - that's lame whether it's meant to be funny or not. Irregardless, 70 minutes is still 70 minutes and TPM doesn't mean that much to me either way. I think people are giving this guy waaayyyyy too much credit.

7. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    yep. that is exactly what I was saying. You aren't cool. lol.

8. BibFortune

BibFortune Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2008
  9. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    I never have been, Nardo.....I never have been. ;)

10. Nardo

Feb 21, 2006
    lol! me neither. but Bib is! I wanna party with that guy!

11. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I just think 10 years is way to long to post a review for a movie and really why would you write a negative review when you could be doing something you enjoy? It would be like me doing a PLANET OF THE APES review. I'm not gonnna put myself through that...even for the sake of humour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.