main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Why the physical changes to Ezra & Kanan?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by A Daisy Driver, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Daisy Driver

A Daisy Driver Jedi Padawan

Dec 23, 2015
    In season 3 of Rebels they went out of their way to give some of the leads new looks (yet Hera has only one flightsuit apparently). They blinded Kanan and they cut Ezra's hair and gave him some facial scars-- my question is why?

Ezra- to show he has aged I suppose.

Kanan- why make him blind? Particularly when we were going to have another blind character related to the force in Rogue One? They don't seem to have done much with Kanan being blind yet in Rebels? If they wanted to establish the battles have been tough on him could he not have lost a limb-- too visceral for a kids tv show?

And speaking of odd coincidences-- why have Knights of "Ren" & Sabine "Wren"? Why have "Rey" ___________ & "Rae" Sloan? I know, it's realistic perhaps, there are many "John Smiths" but if you are building a universe with limited active characters at any one time why have these overlapping names and characteristics?

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Okay in regards to Kanan, Star Wars can have more then one blind character. I expect that they did it to provide a challenge for the character, and to do something different.

Wren and Ren are two different names and not related. Rey and Rae are similar but different. It just happens sometimes with characters. They pick names that suit the characters.

But these questions could gave been posted in our Official Rebels thread. If you have anymore please post them there.

Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.