Rocky M, NC Why Today????!!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by eddie-wan-kenobi, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    The Clone Wars cartoons start tonight and my #*@&@& satellite receiver has completly DIED!!! Called Pegasus and they are sending me a replacement but it will take 3-5 business days to get here. :( Luckily I am a hyperspace member so I can watch them on the web, but I sure was looking forward to seeing them on the big screen first. SITH SPAWN!!!!
  2. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    I feel your pain bro but I tell you what... I plan to record it anyway. I'll see if I can record more than one tonight and get it to you at the next meeting.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  3. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Ohhhhh yeah, baby.... its TONIGHT! But fear not, Eddie-wan... Lodreh will take care of you. :)
  4. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Same thing happened to me when Season 2 of MOTU started a few weeks back..

Season 1 was awful but Season 2 is GROOVY!!!
  5. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hmmm.. I did think season 1 (the ones I did see...) were better than the original, at least. :)
  6. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry, the movies will be available for download after a bit from starwars.com as well in DVD format before Ep 3 (supposedly)
  7. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Chapter 1 was groovy. It was more intro than anything.

What's with Palpatine, though? Yuck! & Dooku looks like San Hill!!!

Oh & Riff, the classic MOTU was far better to me than Season 1 of the new. The atmosphere the awesome music. An underlying darkness under the kiddiness ("Things That Go Bump In The Night" for example - I don't know how THAT one made it past the censors..)
    Plus Grayskull in the new looks reflicted.

Of course, my favorite MOTU was the pre-cartoon barbarian, pre-Prince Adam slice-em-all-up thing - the early mini-comics and stuff.

Now Season 2 of the new is improving. Better transformation sequence, focus on more than just He-Man/Adam, more different backgrounds instead of, for example, the very same picture of Snake Mt. everytime, etc. (not that the original didn't but they had a couple of shots of the palace, Snake Mt. & so forth - now the new one does) the stories are deeper in season 2, the season 1 corny voices have been modified... etc., etc. It's an about face.

Myself & others on www.he-man.org complained about the lack of soul & Mike Young Productions (which makes the cartoon) took it to heart. That's how groovy folks do & MYP showed that they are groovy!
  8. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Didn't get to se it...had to be at the Marine Corps Ball.
  9. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    don't worry I'm not going to say that old joke....
  10. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I missed it too. Maybe Lodreh will be nice enough to let me watch his tape.
  11. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Dennis forgot about it, too! Ok, ANOTHER EPISODE.... TONIGHT! 8PM!!! TOON NETWORK!

Thats a heads up, folks! Be there! :D
  12. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Hopefully I'll remember to catch it tonight.
  13. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Good. If you dont, Joe-da is going to beat you with a wet fu-fu. You dont want that.
  14. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    The Force is with me!! My satellite revived itself yesterday so I was able to catch tonights episode. Plus I'm still getting the free replacement. :)
  15. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    they're two frickin' short....

So far I like the first better (the set up). This one was just getting to where the action will take place (next time).

TUESDAY AT 8 PM - CHAPTER 3!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with Joe (did I actually say that?), they are too short. I was just getting into it when *bamm* it's over. It ended so abruptly I think I got whiplash.
  17. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I'm going to wait to see them all at once.
  18. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I agree. They are too short. BUT, one thing they really do accomplish is they leave you screaming at the TV for more. I have gotten goosebumps for everyone, so far. They are flat out AWESOME! Woooweeee!
  19. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    From now on I think I'm going to wait also.
  20. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Oh, bah on you both!
  21. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Well me pop came home last night... needless to say I missed the second installment and I will most likely miss tonight's as well... I think I'm going with Entropy on this and just wait for the DvD release. Though the first one was slammin' yo.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  22. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Repost of CinemaFreak's post to the J-Ville board.

On Friday, November 21st, the first 10 episodes of the Clone Wars cartoon will be shown in two blocks on Cartoon Network in North America.
    Episodes 1-5 will air from 7.30pm (ET/PT) with approximately two breaks.
    Episodes 6-10 will air from 9.30pm (ET/PT) with approximately two breaks.

PS - How's your Pop doing?
  23. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    He is doing better thanks for asking. Now if I could just get him off eBay long enough to take his meds...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  24. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Glad to hear he is doing better, bud. :)
  25. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhhhh. Ebay, the opiate of the masses.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.