main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why tonyf should be reinstated as an Admin.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LostOnHoth, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EchoBase

EchoBase Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2000
    Alright, I can't do pie charts (I can't even get the columns of the list to line up) but here's a more accurate count of the helpfulness of the mods.

For a post to count as "useful" it must be either on topic (Tonyf's demotion) OR be related to a mod work (ie responding to a members off topic question) On a side note, I had to create this exception just for Vertical who is notorious for helping members.

Mod /Number of Posts /Useful Posts
    Chyren 1 1
    GMH 1 1
    ArtyEwok 1 1
    IronParrot 1 1
    Ludicrous 1 1
    Epic 2 2
    Azeem 3 2
    Cleo 4 4
    Nathan 4 4
    Padme Bra 8 7
    Preacherboy 13 1
    Vertical 14 14

Hmmmm, there was a pattern right up to the second to the last mod, then I lost it...

2. wadda_u_know

wadda_u_know Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2000
  3. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Okay, I'm getting fed up with this. I'm no longer going to waste my time speaking about this issue with any of the Administration. Since you are extremely inappreciative of anything I've had to do, you can go ahead and talk with them yourselves.

4. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Every single administrator here is trying to get this sorted.

We wants answers, just as you all do.

Putting down part of the administration, a part which is also working to create a resolution, is rather anti-productive.

5. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000

Turn to the other side, JediWarrior, you're making yours look bad

Whoa! I have a side in this?!? So far all I've done is nominate a lego brick...whose side does *that* put me on??? ?[face_plain] I'm confused, stop making me take sides! :p

6. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Okay, I'm getting fed up with this. I'm no longer going to waste my time speaking about this issue with any of the Administration. Since you are extremely inappreciative of anything I've had to do, you can go ahead and talk with them yourselves.
    :D :D :D

I especially love this part:
    Since you are extremely inappreciative of anything I've had to do

That was classic! Way to be man! Stick it to the MAN!

7. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    "The Jedi Council:
    Previously the biggest and best Star wars discussion board
    Now, just the biggest."

Helmet - did you say that or is that a quote from someone else?

And PreacherBoy - the people her whine about things (and you) because of some messups you've had in this thread. Anything outside this thread is fine, but in here and a select other hostile threads, any member of the Administration showing a lack of patience and excess of temperment is going to get a barb up his or her ass.

8. wadda_u_know

Jun 29, 2000
    I can't help thinking part of his temper was my fault...

But I could be wrong. There's a first time for everything.

[face_laugh]

9. EchoBase

EchoBase Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2000
    Exactly Bane. 99% of the time, the mods and admins are the same as us regular folks, except they need to perform some extra duties. They can joke around, speculate, or whatever. But in a thread in which members are discussing/raising concerns over the administration/moderation of the boards, I think the admins/mods need to show a bit more seriousness about their positions. A sarcastic comment or veiled threat of banning may go over fine when someone's spamming the PSA forum, but a more even temperament is needed in a thread that is challenging the quality of the governing of the boards.

In other words, if we're complaining about X, don't give us more X to complain about.

10. wadda_u_know

Jun 29, 2000
    True, true. Read my sig. Cool, huh? :cool:

11. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Nice sig Wadda, you chould 'colourise' it! :D
    //trys to change topic again

12. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    But back to all the subjects at hand, and I don't mean we peons of the system:

Tonyf should be offered his job back. It was a poor call, made to solidify power, but failed utterly.

The Administration/TFN Staff should let us know of any progress or at least who is pro and con the PG-13 idea. It will be harped on until something is done, one way or the other, and if it is the bad way, watch out.

13. wadda_u_know

Jun 29, 2000
    Hehehe... new and improved! Thanks for the inspiration, JW!

14. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    It was my quote, I originally said it in the petition thread, and liked it so much I made it my sig.

15. Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran

Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran Jedi Master star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Let's get this topic back on track by posing this question:

Was the JC's fear of The Refuge instrumental in tonyf's demotion?

I think that it was. Recently, all sorts of crap has flown around here concering The Refuge. Rumors upon rumors built upon speculation based on the wildest dreams of halfwits and paranoids.

Have events and schemes hatched at The Refuge intimidated and clouded the judgement of the JC's management so much that they now resort to demoting a moderator and Refuge member as a sort of proactive warning?

I don't think that this possibility can be ignored.

SDA

16. wadda_u_know

Jun 29, 2000
    Not to be ignorant or anything, but what's The Refuge?

17. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
  18. wadda_u_know

Jun 29, 2000
    Ok... I've seen that thread before and didn't feel like tackling it since it is so huge. Can someone brief me on what exactly that thread has to do with this huge mess?

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Well said, Senator.

I'm still waiting for an intelligent and useful post from one of the "top 3".

//checks watch// How long has this thread been around? With NO useful response? What are these people Government Bureaucrats???

20. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    The wheels are now turning again. The discussing is rounding out, and real progress is being made today in the mod forum. It's like an international summit in there. Heh.

Vertical

21. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    Im not buying it. ;)

22. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    Ok... I've seen that thread before and didn't feel like tackling it since it is so huge. Can someone brief me on what exactly that thread has to do with this huge mess?

Oh, that's just a public rundown of a private ezboard comprised of former JCers. It's already, in itself, a summary. It may or may not have something to do with this huge mess because a couple of moderators are regulars there. Because of this, and the fact that the board is password-protected to keep prying eyes away from potentially sensitive personal information as well as put troll problems to an end, the Refuge is constantly hit with a barrage of conspiracy theories. tonyf was a prominent member there, so inevitably this situation led to more than one person screaming, "Refuge conspiracy! Refuge conspiracy! Oh shoot, while I was writing that post incriminating them, my cereal got soggy"

23. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Gone three days and still nothing new. Wasn't tonyf having a affair with an intern? Could that have something to do with it?

24. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    No, Missninfan hasn't been an intern since she was promoted.

25. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    IT HAS BEEN 10 DAYS SINCE THIS THREAD WAS STARTED, AND NO REAL RESPONSE YET

No excuse.

None.

At all.

That is almost 2 full work weeks with NO real response from Cleo or the other "owners".

I am not impressed.

At all.

In the least bit.

These delaying games will only infuriate us more.

Get us an answer, or quit because you are too incompetent to do the job which you have been assigned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.