main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why tonyf should be reinstated as an Admin.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LostOnHoth, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    :D (Ducks for MissNINfan's response)

2. wadda_u_know

wadda_u_know Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2000
    "Oh... dear God." - Chandler

EDIT: Thanks, IP!

3. EchoBase

EchoBase Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2000
    It's a massive conspiracy between the Refugees, the Slackers, the Golden Agers, Mayor, Beal, Mickey Suttle, The Illuminati, and (most dreadful of all), THE MANDALORIAN BROTHERHOOD!

4. Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran

Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran Jedi Master star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    It's a massive conspiracy between the Refugees, the Slackers, the Golden Agers, Mayor, Beal, Mickey Suttle, The Illuminati, and (most dreadful of all), THE MANDALORIAN BROTHERHOOD!

Wrong again. Beal is in no way involved, and the Slackers usually end up going to the strip club that's on the way to our super-secret uber hiding meeting hall.

SDA

5. wadda_u_know

Jun 29, 2000
    Don't forget Celine Dion and Jimmy Hoffa. They stick their noses into everything.

6. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    Okay but what does area 51 have to do with tonyf?

7. Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran

Senator Dzrekpo Amegnran Jedi Master star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Area 51 is the Refuge forum in which we plot the downfall of The JC.

Now that I've told you about it, though, we're going to have to change the name.

SDA

8. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    "Area 51-B; You are here, we are not"

9. Commander Wedge Antilles

Commander Wedge Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    there'll be another bandwagon to jump on next week

10. No blasters!

No blasters! Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 14, 2000
    Unless they respond, no, there won't.

11. Zizou

Zizou Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    Since tonyf doesn't care, it's not a big deal.

this is not the first time something of this magnitude has happened, and it won't be the last.

12. wadda_u_know

Jun 29, 2000
    The silence is deafening...

13. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    What exactly are they supposed to say? What are they speaking of in the mod forum? A TFN admin demoted the tonyf? So what? He's an admin, he does not have to consult anyone else. And the tonyf himself hath spoken that he does not make a good mod here. So what are you rebellious folks expecting exactly?

14. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    ^ = obvious attempt at gaining favour with the Admins.

15. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Haha, yes, I agree on the prior post.

We wish to accomplish change, you stagnant bunch of old maids.

16. Zizou

Zizou Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    If you haven't figured out that this place aint gonna change, then you have some problems.

17. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Oh, I could make a great comment, but I'd probably get demoted too, and rightfully so. [face_devil]

18. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    Zizou - I have seen it change. In my 2 years. Not my half a year. Let's not make this messier than it is.

By lining up with the Administration, opponents of the PG-13 overall rating are saying they want this place to die after Ep3 comes out, that they want the policies to continue stifling the posters.

Why don't you say your comment, Miss? Make it invisible so no one is forced to read it.

19. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    This pace has changed tremendously over the last two years. If you don't know that then you haven't been here.

20. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Zizou has been here forever.

21. Fathead

Fathead Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 1999
    Why is it that I have to post using this username to be taken seriously?

I've been here for 2 years as well. It's no different. The administration acts without any regard for what the masses think. There are exceptions, of course, but it's no different than it was 2 years ago.

22. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    I know who you are. You've spent too much time in the SC. Back in the day this topic would have been closed before its second reply.

23. Fathead

Fathead Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 12, 1999
    I'm here a lot more than you think I am. Just because I don't post doesn't mean I'm not around.

My time at the SC has nothing to do with it. Just because I post there doesn't mean I concur with the prevailing opinion. I disagree with almost everyone there almost all the time.

Nothing has changed. The opinion of the masses means nothing. The administration can do whatever it wants, including getting rid of one of it's own, or effectively kicking out groups of people.

24. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    Well, Fathead, by posting under a name with such a new reg. date, you open yourself to newbie abuse.

That I can call you Fathead just tickles me pink.

What do we think of this massive senetence?

"In this day and age, what with computers and all, the ability to flood an internet board is quite easy to do and it is often done, even under the eyes of the (flaccid) Administration (but truth be told, they have catarracts) who constantly patrol these boards, ensuring that posting of spam is not a major problem, that people can discuss anything (what they want us to) under the sun including communism (as long as religion isn't mentioned) or American politics (as long as nothing taboo is touched upon) or sex (in the sense that it is a three letter word with a definition and nothing more) in a quick and painless fashion (unlike their rule) so as to minmize the hurt of bannings or other disciplinary actions taken when (favoritist and bent) rules are enforced."

As quoted from the EUC Communist thread (by me, in pure jest, truthfully, just trying to spam).

25. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    The attitudes of the administration may not have changed but can't argue that the moderators aren't better than they used to be about listening to memebrs and not abusing their power. We still have problems with some mods but it's nothing like it was. I say that as their most vocal critic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.