Why tonyf should be reinstated as an Admin.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LostOnHoth, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Thanks Josh. We realize that you work on many parts of this site and that dealing with the forums is not always your top priority or something that you have time for. All the more reason to delegate those tasks to those who are here and can dedicate time to this place, namely your managers and moderators.
  2. Santee Ordrin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thank you Josh for stopping by and typing a response. You all have done a first rate job with your site, and in the bringing of such mods as Vertical, Padme Bra, Missninfan, Tonyf, yoda the powerful, Darth Sushi, Jasman, paradox, and a few others.

Only one suggestion, and it is based on a comment you made earlier.

Try to raise the maturity level of the mod squad. You have several on that team who are great, but a few bad apples are ruining the bunch, and smearing the reputation of you and the rest of the crew on the TFN staff.
  3. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Well said, PB and Santee. I agree, completely.

Josh, we do appreciate the site as a whole, but a few people (two come to mind immediately) have made the forums almost unbearbale. And the forums are one of the main reasons why we go to TFN at all.

Please don't let those bad apples ruin the whole place.

OW
  4. Fathead Force Ghost

star 4
    Since when did the administration show respect? (There are of course exceptions)
  5. Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling

star 5
    "I guess my whole point is that rather than continuously point out problems and rile people up, we all should be working for solutions and bringing people together."

Problems must first be pointed out, in order for solutions to be obtained.
  6. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Point 1: We have problems.

Point 2: We need solutions.

If we disregard Point 1, Point 2 is useless. Problems, dirty laundry if you will, must be aired so we know what we are dealing with. If the Administration doesn't like it, tough cookies. Churning people up has finally done something - we have you guys listening.

Thank you, Josh, for coming in and finally tossing us a small bone to chew on for a few more days. Your stalling manuever was done with great respect to us while reminding us that we are here because of your efforts. That is without sarcasm, by the way; we do appreciate the work put into the site.

Now let's all wipe that brown off our noses and get down to brass tacks. It's been a while. Weeks, actually. Telling us a solution is at hand is nice, but this site is started around spoilers.

Give us something to satiate us; a little cut and paste of the new rule book or some of the changes being bandied about.

7. AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus

star 5
    "At times I do have to step in, and am watching this thread and those others with great interest"

There it is.
  8. Joshua Griffin TheForce.Net co-owner

VIP
    star 4
    Here's a couple of new things to toss into the mix:

1) I'm under a lot of personal pressure to get this resolved before I leave. I want this 100% behind us and I'm leaving for Canada at 4AM and will be completely offline for a week.

2) Nicole resigned last night from the JC and TFN. She has been the point person for this area and it may set things back a bit.

Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop on where we stand.

Josh
  9. Santee Ordrin Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    This is not good. You are losing your main admin to the JC, and you have to a resolve the issues that are before us right now.

Just make sure that what you decide is feasible, and doesn't cause a full scale exodus of people from the site...
  10. Coolguy4522 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I want to know why this issue has to this. This has been going on for a good while, and we can understand that you may have more pressing concerns at the moment, but what was going on before? Even Vert said that there were whole days that nothing was done.
  11. Missninfan Manager Emeritus

star 5
    ....... off topic for a moment:

Where in Canada, Josh? East cost?
  12. Joshua Griffin TheForce.Net co-owner

VIP
    star 4
    Algonquin Park. Wilderness camping, no phones, emails, etc!

:)

Josh
  13. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    We've driven him to hermitage....

Please whatever you decide just try to end this quickly so we can go back to our regulalrly scheduled insulting of the newbies.
  14. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i've started up a special insult forum for farraday.....anyone who wants to be insulted should post in the south africa forum of fanforce
  15. LostOnHoth Chosen One

star 5
    I'm still trying to remember what it was I typed that warranted an edit for swearing.

//mystified.

Anyway, Josh, this forum is the place to whinge, moan , whine and bitch about the goings on at the JC. Demanding answers to legitimate questions does not equate to troublemaking or "riling people up". As far as I'm concerned there is no other purpose for a Communications forum.

In fact, moaning, whining and bitching is a constructive exercise and should not be dismissed out of hand. The end result is hopefully change. Change for the better.

At the end of the day if some policy is put in place or at least the Administrators realise that the members care about the way in which the JC is run then this thread has achieved something.

Josh this thread has gotten ugly only because of the lack of action and answers. If you guys addressed some of the concerns raised on the first page it wouldn't have made page two. It would have been resolved and left alone.

We are not the trouble makers here.

16. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Kinda quiet here. Any of this promised news or more stall tactics? The often favorite silent treatment?
  17. wadda_u_know Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is pathetic. Gone for a week, and still nothing.
  18. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    We are currently leader-less. Darthcleo has resigned, Josh is on vacation, and no replacement has been set.

In the absence of true leadership, I'll try and explain, as best I can, what the deal is, as far as I know.

1) Darthcleo apologized to tonyf for the way the situation was handled.

2) Azeem has not apologized in even the slightest way (he has not even posted at all in the mod forum since the incident).

3) Tonyf would not accept his position back, thus any motion to grant it back would be pointless.

4) Due to this incident, the moderators and staff have worked together to establish 'reasons for demotions' of moderators. These reasons don't need to be made public, but they were all agreed upon. We also created policy on how demotions were to happen, who would be involved in the decisions, what needed temp. demotion vs. permanent, etc.

We have also created new policy on 'dead-wood' mods. As of now, if a mod has not actively (subjective) moderated the forums in a relatively long amount of time (subjective), he/she will be notified that they either need to moderate more, or step down to VIP. We've currently notified those mods we consider non-active of the situation, and are waiting to hear back from them. If they cannot return to 'active duty', they will be made VIPs, with an open invitation to return as mods, should they so desire, and as long as they've got the time.

In sum, future demotions will be discussed with the moderators, unless it's something 'critical' that is threatening the boards in a very real way, in which case, the staff will freeze the mod's privs., and then discuss.

Although this policy is now in place, the staff hasn't altered their view on tony's situation, and he doesn't want his position back, anyway, so it looks as though it's a closed book there.

Although I personally would have liked to have seen a gesture of offering tony his position back (since it seems the majority, if not all, of the mods feel his perm. demotion was disproportionately harsh, and were the new policy in place 1 month ago, we would have never agreed with a perm. ban), even though it'd be pointless, I don't see this happening.

Also, I would have liked, for the sake of unity and to make it easier for the whole team, to see Azeem actually apologize for being so rude and condescending to the rest of his fellow moderators. As it stands, I feel he has driven a rift between himself and the rest of the team. As I stated, he hasn't posted in the mod forum since, and all I'm left to think is that he considers us "not worth his time", which only reinforces my opinion of his attitude. If he were at all interested in maintaining a 'good working relationship' with his fellow volunteer mods, he'd swallow his pride and admit he was a bit too full of his own power at the moment. However, it appears he feels this is not necessary. And so, that appears to be final, too. I just hesitate to think what will happen if he ever needs a favor from any of the other "lowly" mods. Perhaps he doesn't understand how far a sincere apology could go. Alas.

In any event, the communication lines between the moderators and the staff seem to be working, and the staff does seem genuinely (if hesitantly, at first) interested in listening to us, and addressing most of the issues.

If you have any other questions, let me know, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Vertical
  19. AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus

star 5
    finally. Thats all we needed and all I wanted.

YAY Vertical!
  20. wadda_u_know Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yay!

VERT IS THE BEST!
    VERT IS THE BEST!
    VERT IS THE BEST!
    VERT IS THE BEST!
    VERT IS THE BEST!
  21. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
  22. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Thanks for putting the information out there, Vertical.
  23. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Good to see you've all been doing something with your time. Now that tonyf's situation has been resolved, perhaps it is time to close this thread and move on to the next bone of contention: the PG-13 ratings upgrade.

When it rains...

24. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Thank's Vert. And with that this thread seem to have settled.
  25. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    What a wonderful thread, it has confronted some deep seated issues beween admins and members and has made the forums a better place.

Now let us never speak of it again.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.