main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why was Anakin so angry to not receive the rank of Jedi Master?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Dmasterman, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Even if they bring Maul back....

come on. Obi killed him. You don't come back from that, no matter how they work it in TCW. I don't care. I mean, I'll watch it and support it, hopefully like it, but if we're talking about "did Obi Wan kill Darth Maul?" the answer is yes.

my opinion, of course.

Movie-wise, Obi fought the Sith four times, and he's 2-2, which ain't bad. [btw, I always cringe when Dooku uses the force to... place.. that scaffolding on Obi. It just doesn't look right or make sense. Plus, they could've have just had him KO'd from being thrown against the wall, which he was anyway. It was so unnecessary...]

Movie-wise, Anakin is 0-2.

Yoda is 0-1.

Mace is 0-1 and dead.

So......

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Movie-wise, isn't Kenobi's record against the Sith 2-3?

He *almost* killed Maul. (couldn't resist)
    He almost killed AnaVader.
    But Dooku owned him twice and then Vader assisted with his suicide.

3. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    oh, yeah, I forgot about his second bout with Vader. But that wasn't much of a fight. It's not like Ben lost an intense lightsaber fight. He kind of gave up. That fight was more about what was going on underneath than who could fight better, but he probably would've lost either way. Two crippled old guys fighting, though... lol.

You're right.

BUT THIS IS THE PT FORUM!!!

:p

and his record is still more impressive than anyone else's besides, Yoda, now that I think about it, who was actually 1-1. I forgot Qui Gon was 0-1 and dead.

edit:

And, IMO, Yoda would've won if he had a) held onto his lightsaber or b) not fallen to the bottom of the Senate.

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    The novel does not agree with your "IMO-Yoda wins" POV.
    :p

5. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    "I know there are things they're not telling me about the force"- Anakin Skywalker

he wanted knowledge of the force that was restricted to those with the rank of Master

6. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Being on the council is supposed to be of high honor. 12 of the most wisest, powerful minds within the Jedi Order that are elected within. Anakin, while indeed powerful, was not as powerful or as wise as the council members. Add to the fact that he was only put on the council as palpatine's representative..

7. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    Considering Council members were selected internally and therefore were judged according to the standards of those already part of the Council, calling any of them the wisest and most powerful is somewhat of an exaggeration. Mace and Yoda, certainly. But the most that can be said of the Council is that it is philosophically homogeneous, members electing members who think like them. There's a reason someone like Qui-Gon would not have prospered in such a conservative body.

As for being Palpatine's representative, the Council allowed it. They should have been prepared for the consequences.

8. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Well, something like that has never happened before in the SW Universe, so they couldn't prepare.

9. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Strange how guys who base their power on seeing the future are about as adaptable as rocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.