main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why was Kendalina called a "Jedi Princess".

Discussion in 'Literature' started by slimybug, Aug 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Iv'e heard of a Jedi Knight and a Jedi master, but why was Kendalina a Jedi "princess" and so Ken was a Jedi "prince". Is their a big Jedi on campus and he was called the king and she was his dauhter or what?

2. Jarik

Jarik Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 21, 2000
    Quite frankly I don't know why. Maybe because they were force sensitive and were born into the ruling family of some planet so they combined the 2 titles. I don't know.

3. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    It points to perhaps some sort of Jedi royalty caste that existed in the "old days." After all, there's Jedi Lords in Jedi vs. Sith, so it's feasible there could be other such Jedi royalty.

Or it could be that "Jedi" is not married to "Prince/Princess." That is, Kendaline was a Princess and she was a Jedi. Therefore, she was a Jedi Princess.

Some possible reasons.

4. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    very good genghis12, my dads an acountant husband. So you could be right, but if she was what would she be the princess of? All we know about her is when the Empire discovered she was a Jedi they made her work as a nurse in the spice mines of kessel, where she fell in love with Triclops and bore him a son, Ken. Then, because she was a Jedi, the Emperor Palpatine ordered her death.

5. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    No wait. That couldn,t be it. If she was a Jedi And a princess of the planet whatever, well Ken wasn't a Jedi.so, they wouldnt call him a jedi, if that were true. He would just be prince of whatever.

6. III_Vir_RPC

III_Vir_RPC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
    It is possible that Kendalina is an example of the same sort of royal Jedi as Empatojayos Brand, as king of Ganath.

7. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    Say What?

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I stick to the probablity that Kendalina was a Princess and a Jedi.

Ken was raised in a Jedi special base after all.

By Droids who were educating him...

Also perhaps in the Jedi way

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "Say What?"

:D

10. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I'd say that she had been born into a royal family, and was given to the Jedi. There is a precedent for this, one of the Jedi Council members was the heir to a throne. Really, though, there are bigger problems in the GODV books to sort through.

TC

11. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Princess Leia was a Jedi Princess too she was princess of Naboo and Alderan, and Luke was a prince of sorts since his mother was queen of Naboo, Jedi Knight Empatojayous Brand was voted king of Ganath by the Ganathans, lets see jedi master Oppo Rancissis was a prince of sorts since his mother was the queen of his homeworld but he refused to be king because he wanted to serve the galaxy as a Jedi instead, maybe Kendalina a relative of some royalty and was made a princess?

And dont forget about Crown Prince Triclops his dad was Emperor Palpatine but he never met him after his birth, hes still on Yavin 4 so maybe the Yuuzhan Vong will find him and Kenny and convert them to their side.

12. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "hes still on Yavin 4 so maybe the Yuuzhan Vong will find him and Kenny and convert them to their side."

Actually only triclops was still on yavin 4, the last time in the books.

Prince Ken was last seen during the marriage service(which isn't seen if it was completed), so there is no telling were ken is right now. He could be anywhere.

13. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    The Prophets of the Dark Side were still there too. :D

14. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "The Prophets of the Dark Side were still there too"

yes, the false prophets of the darkside would be still be there, but are probably decomposing underground as we speak. since they shut down the lifesupport irrepairably when they stormed the Lost City, and would have died of starvation, or thirst.

15. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I just want to forget this series ever existed.

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    You can't because LFL, has basically started incorporating it into alot of new stuff, :D.

17. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Hehe, if I were them, I'd be embaressed!

18. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Since Luke seemed so desperate for finding Jedi candidates for his Academy, I would guess that Ken, along with Kiro, Zak and Tash Arranda would be one of the first of the twelve trainees, along with Katarn and Corran etc.

19. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Remember, Luke trained a whole class prior to the Praxeum - just not Force training. Several of them like Kiro and Barney expressed interest and prodded Luke into teaching them. It was most likely issues they made him deal with which ultimately led to the formation of the Praxeum.

I could see Barney ending up as the "Mace Windu" of the NJO. And of course, Flint would also be a possible candidate for the initial Praxeum class.

20. Quel-Droma001

Quel-Droma001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2001
    That whole "Glove Of Darth Vader" series was bull, the same with the series with zak and tash. They have not influence on the rest of starwars.

21. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    That should be "tried prodding" not prodded...

22. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Quel,

As always, it's not an issue about taste. What matters is what official SW publications choose to show in their stories. And the fates of Ken, Kiro, Barney, Flint, Zak and Tash are very important when it comes to potential Jedi Knights in the time of the New Republic.

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "That whole "Glove Of Darth Vader" series was bull, the same with the series with zak and tash. They have not influence on the rest of starwars."

wrong, see gamer 5, and the "darkside sb" for how Glove influenced star wars.

as for tash and arranda, professor hoole is long time character from EU, and his time with the arrandas influenced the creation of the EG to alien species.

24. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I actually did like GOF... I do wonder what happened to Tash and Zak.

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    They Joined University, after studing there basic education studies, if this means they joined the Jedi Praxeum, or the GFFA University for greater knowledge, it's not known. But all we know is they joined "university" according to the guide to alien species.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.