main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why was Kendalina called a "Jedi Princess".

Discussion in 'Literature' started by slimybug, Aug 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Valiento, Ken was at the wedding. You can see him. Taloncard, I know there are bigger problems to work out in the GODV series. Like Why did it say that Han and Leia Got married in Queen Of The Empire and Prophets Of The Dark Side, when they got married in The Courtship Of Princess Leia. Well i have my own solution to that. QOTE and POTDS take place during TCOPL. The chapters just like weave in and out of eachother. I buy QOTE and POTDS
    and TCOPL. rip out the pages of QOTE and POTDS. And glue them inbetween the pages of TCOPL. I dont leave a single word out, but I miht write a pages worth in to fill in the holes. I call it The Courtship Of Princess Leia Special Edition.

So instead of the series going

The Glove of Darth Vader
    The Lost City of the Jedi
    Zorba The Hutts Revenge
    Mission From Mount Yoda
    Queen Of The Empire
    Prophets Of The Dark Side

It will go

The Glove of Darth Vader
    The Lost City Of The Jedi
    Zorba The Hutts Revenge
    Mission From Mount Yoda
    The Coutship Of Princess Leia Special Edition

"A well concieved plan. However there's reat risk"

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Valiento, Ken was at the wedding. You can see him."

That is what I said:

"Prince Ken was last seen during the marriage service(which isn't seen if it was completed), so there is no telling were ken is right now. He could be anywhere."

I was saying knowledge of what ken was up to after the wedding service, is not known.

"Like Why did it say that Han and Leia Got married in Queen Of The Empire and Prophets Of The Dark Side"

Actually the marriage was in prophets of the darkside, the other books were just them Courting each other. Note don't confuse the trioculus marriage to a replica droid with, han and leia marriage in the next book.

The marriage never actually took place, you do not see the vows being taken. So you can have the theory that the marriage was somehow interuppted before it was finished.

yet, in the next book in the timeline, Rebel Agent and Jedi Knight, Leia is Leia Organa Solo, so they did get married, and must of annuled later on. To get married permenantly in COPL.

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I don't think it ever was annuled. I think it's another big continuity boo-boo and the fans had to come up with something to fix it, as USUAL. :(

4. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    The continuity boo boo was in Jedi Knight alone, because of a dating of the book messup, which set jedi knight some 5 years after the events in last half of Rebel agent, which you know isn't possible. When the game itself is known to be 1 year after ROTJ, from the backhistory itself, and the fact that mots takes place during Dark Empire.

fault also lies on COPL, for not taking into account, previous EU(GODV), like KJA and others did.

Since GODV came out long before them(part of the 3 resergence of new EU, DE, TTT, and GODV.(DE,and GODV sharing a few tech. refrences to TTT)), it's more valid, LFL, never threw it out.

So fixes need to be applied to the other sources, not the Original sources.

5. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    It was careless of them to allow two books showing the marriage. If they had been more careful, this never would have happened, you know.

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yep it was careless, to have COPL, come out after they already had a previous story. Yet, let me still mention, the marriage never actually takes place in GODV, leia is just starting down the Aisle, having a vision of the future of twins she will have.

then the book cuts off, no marriage actually took place, that you can see. So if you like to say something broke up the wedding that's your choice.

It just means dietz had biggy error on his dating in JK, causing him to mess up with Leia's name.

7. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    1.LEIA WOULD NOT HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN HAN AND ISOLDER IF HAN AND LEIA HAD ALREADY WITCH MEANT THAT THEY WERE ALREADY INGAGED!!!!!

2. There is no mention of Han and leia being married in TCOPL
    SO FACE IT VALENTINO QOTE AND POTDS TAKE PLACE AT THE SAME TIME AS TCOPL!!!!

Ive seen your kind before i mean ive seen you on othjer pages. just like youve probably seen me and my brother stupidgreenbugsbunny.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Your awhare that caps if flammatory right?

"1.LEIA WOULD NOT HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN HAN AND ISOLDER IF HAN AND LEIA HAD ALREADY WITCH MEANT THAT THEY WERE ALREADY INGAGED!!!!!"

If they broke up they would not be engaged, now would they? She might have been discusted by han and still held a grudge, in which case she would not have any problems with dating isolder. But Han would be overly desperate, and would defintetly be in act of desperation to kidnap the princess, because he knew his chance to be with her forever was disappearing. But as I remember, I think they got reengaged in the Wraith Squadron books.

"2. There is no mention of Han and leia being married in TCOPL
    SO FACE IT VALENTINO QOTE AND POTDS TAKE PLACE AT THE SAME TIME AS TCOPL!!!!"

Your logic is flawed. There's no mention of marvel, isard of other dangers in TTT. that doesn't make the other books any less part of the timeline.

"Ive seen your kind before i mean ive seen you on othjer pages. just like youve probably seen me and my brother stupidgreenbugsbunny."

Is this some kind of flame?

Also notice ripping pages out of GODV, would keep, trioculus and his band's of villains alive during COTJ, since he's breaks in much of the Queen of the empire, han and leia dating, and villains break in on preparations for the wedding in Prophets of the darkside. So your theory is far too anachronistic.

9. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    no u u u i dont want to get baned for sayng it so i wont. It would never work out
    And as for your theory, its very far-fetched. TCOPLSE is a much better theory. And if its ever published it will be official. See u at Prophets of the dark side question.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Also notice ripping pages out of GODV, would keep, trioculus and his band's of villains alive during COTJ, since he's breaks in much of the Queen of the empire, han and leia dating, and villains break in on preparations for the wedding in Prophets of the darkside. So your theory is far too anachronistic.

11. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    Ill prove it. u find someway to allow me to send u a copy of COPL (because i dont recomend you giving your adress out on the internet. and ill send u a copy and ill show you how my theory worked out

12. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Dan Wallace, timetales, Star Wars databanks on TOS, and the EC, are the only theories I listen to, sorry bub(I only listen to places and people were my theory comes from, I'm not the one that made it up). Your theory is so, not going to be printed officially.

13. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    ha u just watch.

14. slimybug

Aug 14, 2001
    if stupidgreenbugsbunny was here hed back me up.

15. III_Vir_RPC

III_Vir_RPC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2001
    ...and your point? Two feathers do not outweigh one boulder, you know.

16. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Heh, nice one, RPC. There's one on every board...

>fault also lies on COPL, for not taking into account, previous EU(GODV), like KJA and others >did.

I don't think it's David Wolverton's fault. I think that LFL wanted to remove GoDV from the continuity at the time, and commissioned DW to write a adult novel depicting the marriage. Later, for some unknown reason, they decided to keep it in. Also, there are passages in Darksaber that contradict GoDV, and the Kessel that appears in the JAT is substantially different from both the GoDV Kessel, and Manning's newspaper strip Kessel, so KJA wasn't keeping continuity ether.

TC

17. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Yet all of that can be retconned, Talon. It's necessary at this point, with how huge the GFFA is getting.

18. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    "Also, there are passages in Darksaber that contradict GoDV, and the Kessel that appears in the JAT is substantially different from both the GoDV Kessel, and Manning's newspaper strip Kessel, so KJA wasn't keeping continuity ether. "

Doole decreased the the production of oxygen to save money.Before Doole came along it was possible to walk on the surface of Kessel with out a breathe mask.

Sources Jedi Academy trilogy and sourcebook.

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "I don't think it's David Wolverton's fault. I think that LFL wanted to remove GoDV from the continuity at the time, and commissioned DW to write a adult novel depicting the marriage."

Do you have quotes? From all I know GODV, has been refrences in every resource guide back then, LFL's proof they weren't ignoring it.

20. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    and btw the Imperial Correctional facility mentioned in GoDV is also mentioned in the JAT sourcebook.

So as ya can see it's been used alot.

21. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Talon...
    "I think that LFL wanted to remove GoDV from the continuity at the time, and commissioned DW to write a adult novel depicting the marriage."

Pure opinion/speculation and meaningless to the discussion.

22. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    True. In any case, it's ether LFL's fault for telling DW to write a novel about an event that had already been depicted, or LFL's fault for not bringing the GoDV series to DW attention. It's not as though there were that many books out at the time.

And although the GoDV Kessel and the JAT Kessel can be made to fit, Manning's Kessel can't. But then, Manning's newspaper strips are contradicted in a number of other ways too, so I'm not sure if it matters or not.

BTW, anyone know when the Jedi Masters built the Lost City of the Jedi? It would have had to have been long ago, perhaps in the first thousand years of the Order. Going by the artifacts in Ken's room in LCOTJ, I'm thinking around 1983. ;)

TC

23. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    uhm...the JAT actuallly mentions Fungus and lichen growing on Kessel...the only thing that doesn't fit is the girl saying kessel is a paradise..but then beuty is i the high of hthe beholder.

(Volz's ring was attacking the civilian population,not the Imperial instalations.)

And no..really nothing has been contradicted.In fact the EG to characters mentions his wife featured in that one comic.

24. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Yes, even Dan Wallace has had theories for retconning the comic strip Kessel. I just don't think anything has been officially published yet.

25. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Yeah, but it dosen't work, because in THG, set 8BBY, the JAT Kessel appears. Oh well...

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.