main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why was the original clone wars series taken off the lucasfilm website/not being produced for sale ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanofjedi, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanofjedi

fanofjedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2008
    Why would Lucas want the Gendy tarakosky series taken off the website and no new copies being released. (I have both of them) This is cannon so shouldn't it be available for purchase? there has to be a GOOD reason for lucas to do this. Lucas hasn't given such good reasons for things before. It doesn't make sense that the first clone wars series which was so critically acclaimed (I think it also won a few awards) cease production all together. Can some one enlighten me as to what happened and why, I think the fans should start a petition to have the first two clone wars (Gendy's series) volumes put back into production for other fans to enjoy.

2. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    dvd's are alot like books sometimes they go out of print. There are probably enough copies out there that you could find a place selling them even if they are not making any more copies.

3. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    Yeah, this is not really an uncommon practice for LFL at all. They tend to always do limited time releases of their DVDs/videos, always have. That way they can be released years later again and get a big push.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They also probably wanted to avoid confusion with TCW and not have the old series be competing with the new one on the shelf.

I always assumed they were waiting for TCW to hit DVD before announcing Droids, Ewoks and a CW rerelease so they could all cash in on TCW's hype, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps they're waiting to release though "between" seasons of TYCW now.

5. brainwash

brainwash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2009
    That's what I figured, too. There's a lot of Star Wars-related DVDs that aren't in print anymore, the only reason there was the surge a couple years ago was probably thanks to RotS (which you can say about a lot of franchise movies that come out).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.