main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why wasn?t Palps trained as a Jedi?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Stick_Slanger, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsterling78

rsterling78 Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2002
    [image=http://www.crazymeanbaby.com/sithbaby.jpg]

Looking at Palp's baby pictures, you'd think the Jedi would have known that something was amiss.

2. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  3. cymbalmonkey

cymbalmonkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Perhaps the Palpatine family simply objected? the Jedi wouldn't kidnap children. Qui-Gon asked permission to train Anakin as a Jedi ... with Luke, he was already an adult and Obi-Wan let Luke decide what he wanted

4. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    Palpatine never lived on Naboo, he claimed that all of his ID had been either stolen or destroyed but he had to pretend that he was from Naboo so that he could watch the invasion and influence the queen

5. ulien

ulien Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005

Palpatine never lived on Naboo, he claimed that all of his ID had been either stolen or destroyed but he had to pretend that he was from Naboo so that he could watch the invasion and influence the queen[/quote] - why not?Of course, he destroyed all his ID, but I don`t think it was because he never lived there. I guess making it made him an totally unnown person, without childhood, or family, so more god then a reall human being. And not having any datas/Id`s will always give problems to people who want to use blackmail on you ( I doubt anyone woud try that with Palpatine, but still, dastroying all IDs makes sense to me even if he really was born and raised on Naboo

6. ARC170pilot

ARC170pilot Jedi Master star 5

Sep 23, 2005
    But then if people looked hard enough they would find trace of his family or something and if he didnt want anyone to know about his past then surely he would lie about it. Maybe he was born in the Sith Empire

7. ulien

ulien Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    The Sith Empire didn`t exist anymore by the time he was born. Remember that he was born many years after Darth Bane`s decidion to make the Sith Order as small as possible ( for some time)

8. CaptainBinaca

CaptainBinaca Jedi Master star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Brilliant, priceless, smashing.
    Unfortunately the Belgians found him first and those Belgians were so damned evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.