main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why wasn't Luke affected by Obi-Wan's voice?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by GR3, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GR3

GR3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2001
    I've often wondered about that. He's in his X-Wing, and he's about to go into a battle that could easily render him dead. That's enough to stir strong emotions on the spot. Then, Obi-Wan's voice comes out of nowhere, and Luke doesn't even have a reaction. He just goes about his business ignoring it, as if it never happened. I mean, if I was in Luke's spot I'd at least get startled, and then ask "Ben is that you?" I mean, who wouldn't?

2. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Maybe 'cause he's heard his voice before? Obi-Wan did tell Luke to run away on the Death Star shortly after his death.

L8r

3. smellyouvediscovered

smellyouvediscovered Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2004
    plus you could assume he's BEEN talking to him a lot since they left the deathstar, so nothing new

4. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Luke's heard it before. Ben's voice probably even made Luke more relaxed.

5. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I thought he tapped his helmet in reaction to it the first time in the X-Wing.

6. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    I always thought Luke was tapping his helmet and kind of writing Obi-Wan's voice off as some kind of distortion over the ship-to-ship radio. He didn't have time to really think about it, either, he had more immediate things, like the battle, occupying his attention. But he still didn't understand what was happening.

7. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Doesn't Obi-Wan tell Luke to let go or something?, like saying you must have Faith. Luke trusted Obi-Wan's voice and didn't question what was going on, because he had faith in the Force.

8. Jedimancer

Jedimancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2004
    I think the first time Luke hear's in it the X-Wing at first he does not really believe that it's Obi-Wan. He just thinks it's own thought or a radio malfunction(like that one guy said) or whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.