main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Why wasn't Sora Bulq considered for the Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The Sith Camp, Mar 19, 2015.

1. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015
    Putting Canonical Issues Aside; how come we don't see Sora Bulq in the Clone Wars? Given he was in AOTC presumably as one of the Jedi Master survivors in the arena battle but then later he got converted to the Dark Side and well 'kidnapped' by Count Dooku ... and considering Sora Bulq was a pretty prominent agent working for Count Dooku and the fact how he had plans to spread a schism in the Jedi Order and the fact how he helped Mace Windu develop Vaapad ... but why wasn't Sora Bulq in the Clone Wars? Surely he's a fairly prominent Dark Acrolyte and comparable at the very least to Asajj Ventress or perhaps Savage Oppress even ...

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

You can't say she wasn't considered, you don't know that. Dave Filoni looked at a lot of the old canon when creating the Clone Wars. I believe with Asajj Ventress they just felt they didn't need anyone else to serve Dooku.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Revan was considerd to appear as a ghost so anything is possible.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    http://www.starwarsreport.com/tag/dave-filoni/page/6/

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Who knows maybe bulg would have appeared in S8 as a normal light side Jedi in a cameo like Cin Drallig

6. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  7. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    I may be wrong BUT wasn't Sora Bulq 'captured' and tortured by Count Dooku not too long after the Battle of Geonosis then? And what I mean was like Sora Bulq already as a Dark Acrolyte in the Clone Wars and 'taunting' Jedi's - particularly Mace Windu and applying vicious and berserk moves in Vaapad or perhaps even dueling Obi-Wan Kenobi ... something like that ...

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Up to no good am sure,lol:

[​IMG]

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    You speak of these things as if they're canon. TCW canonized some elements of previous Clone Wars-related material, but also trampled TONS of it. Lucas didn't feel beholden to what Dark Horse had set forth.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  10. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    With Ventress and Oppress, and of course Maul coming back, I think we already had a decent fill of "Sith who weren't Sith" (if you know what I mean). Another dark side minion of Dooku would really be pushing the whole rule of two thing to it's limit.

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    We had Krell and Bariss as fallen Jedi on the show as well. Krell wanted to be a minion of Dooku's.

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Hmm - yes indeed - come to think of it - what would or what potential do you reckon Prong Krell would have had had Count Dooku accepted him as a Dark Acroylte at the very least? That is could he have developed Form VII further or a 'Form VIII' or perhaps had clones made out of him? Given in the EU - in one of the Saleucami battle's the Morgukai Shadow Army was developed from Nikto Warriors whom wanted vengeance and had hatred against the Jedi...

13. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I posted this not that long ago, was interesting (and seems like Filoni has his own edits with Krell,lol):

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10...the-luminara-twist-in-rise-of-the-old-masters

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Never heard of this person? Got a picture?

15. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Star Wars Legends ( spoiler alert if you want to read Star Wars Jedi : Mace Windu or Star Wars Republic : Siege of Saleucami or others etc.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Is that a red lightsaber? Does Bulq turn bad?

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    As noted above, a weequay in TCW was listed as being Sora Bulq behind the scenes.

In addition to that, I remember Filoni way back mentioning how when they were sitting down to do the show, he and two other people (one man, one woman - I don't remember their names) were batting around ideas for what they could do with the show. Dave said that he and the other man were the big Star Wars geeks that would throw out names like Sora Bulq (and I remember him being given as a specific example), while the woman knew less about the EU and so that name meant nothing to her. I don't remember where he said this, so I'm going off memory from years ago, but I think his point was that he and the other guy were huge geeks and knew a lot about the EU and had interest in seeing some of it brought to life in TCW, while the woman had no idea about any of that, and so because they needed the show to appeal to kids whose first exposure to Star Wars might be TCW, the woman's input was the most valuable for gauging whether a story would work or not.

But I think this was all the way back when they were working on Season 1, because by Season 2 it seemed like Lucas had become more active in dictating what kinds of stories he wanted told. I think that's why you see things like the Trade Federation being overtly evil in Season 1 and aligned with the Separatists, then all of a sudden in Season 2 they are more of a covert evil, and TF battleships stopped being depicted among the CIS fleets.

EDIT: But some of these early decisions were contradicted, such as it being stated in 2009 (source) that we wouldn't see rogue Jedi, yet we saw Krell and Barriss go bad, and Filoni has suggested that we could see more fallen Jedi.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  19. The Sith Camp

Mar 10, 2015
    Yup - that is a Red Lightsaber (probably of a Synthetic Red Lightsaber Crystal that the Sith use ...) and considering it looks like Sora Bulq is dealing with Quinlan Vos - whom more or less always remained a Jedi despite his potential with being dangerously close to the Dark Side's fringes ... but Quinlan Vos always retained his loyalty to the Republic - otherwise - why else would he be fighting Sora Bulq eh? Unless ofc its like a Dark Jedi who claims to be now of the Sith (delusional probably by Count Dooku or even Darth Plagueis's standards as they considered one must 100% immerse in the Dark Side and know how to properly apply it ...)

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Some of the Old EU made no sense.

whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Since he was just a background character in the CW series, people can use the EU content as his story unless or until it's officially changed in canon. The EU is great for filling gaps where content no longer exists, if its not canon - who cares? ;)

Saga Explorer likes this.
  22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    He would have been great to see! I would also have mentioned in his episode that he would never go to the darkside, a direct shot at whoever wrote his story for the EU. Not many Jedi have EVER gone to the dark side (see Lost twenty), and I understand during the war, many would have questioned the republic. Bariss did not seem like the right choice to me, hailing from the teachings of Yoda/Luminara. Bulq would have been a much better choice, having him partner with Dooku.

23. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    The Lost Twenty weren't Jedi that necessarily fell to the dark side; they were Jedi that willingly left the Order. Dooku was counted among their number but the Jedi refused to accept that he'd gone to the dark side or would plot to assassinate a senator, until the encounter on Geonosis. It's also unknown if the Lost Twenty were the only Jedi to leave the Order in its entire history or during just a certain period of time (like the 1,000 years of the 'new' Republic preceding the PT)

Bulq's story in the EU was pretty great; disillusioned, he recruited several Jedi to his side, only to lure Mace Windu to his base to assassinate him (via Ventress); after that, he clashed with Quinlan Vos, with Vos convinced Bulq was the 2nd Sith the Jedi had been searching for. Bulq became a 'disposable' villain for Quinlan to vanquish on his journey, since obviously he couldn't discover Sidious' identity (and survive) and couldn't take down Dooku himself; with Quinlan the focus for so many of the Clone-Wars-era comics, it was a good fit.

Here, let me Google that for you...

whostheBossk and darskpine10 like this.
  24. Archie Brown

Archie Brown Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2015
    Sora Bulq may have been featured in the Clone Wars in the episode Grievous Intigue, but there is no proof for that so I don't know what to think? Hopefully that was him because he mainly is in the comics and I think he needs to feature in other things to get more well known!

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    whostheBossk likes this.