main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Why were Force organizations overwhelmingly "religious"?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darthbarracuda, Nov 10, 2015.

1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing, but why wasn't there any secular Force organizations? Why wasn't the Force studied in a scientific manner? Why don't we see Force users becoming extremely successful business owners?

Also, how likely do you think it is that a Force user actually uses the Force in a benevolent manner?

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    We only see two Force organizations in the six films. There could be many others out there.

Tosche_Station likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think Lucas meant for the Force to be either a divine power or a divine energy, depending on which trilogy you are watching. I took it as a divine energy in the OT but then it seemed more of a divine power in the PT, or maybe that aspect of it just got more focus.

I would be interested in a work in which someone attempts to study the Force scientifically but I wonder if Lucas' answer would be that it could not be studied that way, that that is never the intention. I also think Force users become Jedi for the most part and the Jedi lifestyle seemed antithetical to a lifestyle focused on profit.

How likely is it that a Force user uses the Force in a benevolent manner? Any time the Force user is not touching the Dark Side.

missile, Sarge and Gamiel like this.