Why were Obi-Wan and Anakin the ones to rescue Palpatine from the Invisible Hand?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Joe_Garelli, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmm... We ought to have a story in which a young Han rescues Palpatine and says "Yippee!"... :p
  2. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, nine or ten is about right..

NelanisGhost, Anakin's ego problem isn't as bad as you make it seem in your post, in my opinion..
  3. DarthAdamentum Jedi Master

star 3
    I didnt mean during the time of ROTS. I meant to compare btwn those 2 as full grown adults...
  4. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Han is one of the few non force-sensitives that had flying abilites that rival Jedi flying skills, depending on what he is flying. In the Falcon, Han is more or less untouchable, but in a fighter, he'd have little chance against the Anakin, imo( unless Han plays around in the stealthX simulators and flies in them every now and then.)
  5. Carnage04 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

I'll give this a shot from an In-Universe point of view.

My thinking is that the Invisible Hand, being the flagship and all, was held back deep behind CIS lines. After all, you wouldn't want your ship carrying Dooku and Grievous to get swatted down by Republic forces before the battle even started. By Palpatine's estimation, he would be safe on the journey there because Republic forces weren't going to shoot down the shuttle because HE was on it and CIS forces were not going to shoot down the shuttle because he was the prize the CIS and trying to win (Not to mention they would have had to sacrifice GG.

So, what is the better plan? Having Jedi on Coruscant try and plow through an entire fleet of capital ships and vulture droids or have Jedi from an outside system jump in and have to plow through a rear guard of capital ships and vulture droids?

It wasn't just about what Jedi could succeed once on the hand, it was what Jedi could REACH the hand. Their next best pilot, Seesee Tiin seems to have initially been on Coruscant and engaged forces closest to the ground.

Ok. I made some crap up. Sound reasonable?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.