main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why would Sidious need the charred remains of Anakin as his Sith Apprentice?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by HagentheSith, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ___Obi-1___

___Obi-1___ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2004

Fantastic point...=D=

___Obi-1___

2. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2005
    Well, Palp/Sidious knows and understands that Anakin is the most powerful Force user ever, so 1. he wants control of that entity so he can use it/him to do his dirty work. It`s exactly why he used Gunray, Dooku and Grievous; he pulls the strings from afar and wants to reap the rewards and manipulate people with or of power for his own personal gain. Reason 2. he needs a Sith aprentice anyway - might as well be the most powerful Force wielder ever, right?

3. mtmc60

mtmc60 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    I feel there are many reasons for Sidious to keep a charred Anakin...

Even though he is not Anakin's father, Sidious has been a father figure. Perhaps Sidious actually cared for Anakin (if thats possible)

Sidious admired Anakin's loyalty and thought Anakin would never turn on him. However maybe in the back of his mind he believe if Anakin did turn on him he could defeat him easily because of his injuries.

With his new empire underway Sidious needed someone he could trust to be his henchman.

He had no time to train another apprentice

Even though he is damaged, Vader is still very powerful

4. obi_wanette

obi_wanette Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    "suited Vader is still stronger then 98% of the Jedi!"
    Well, Palps / Vader had just bumped off 98% of the Jedi before Vader got the lava bath.

There weren't exactly a bumper crop of Force users left in the Galaxy from which to find a new apprentice.
    That is reason enough for Palps to be so desperate save crispy fried Vader, chosen one or not.

5. Marvelman

Marvelman Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    I have a similar question.

Was Anakin's power to use the force impaired after his injuries from the duel with Obi-Wan? Palpatine talks of Anakin surpassing him and Yoda. Yet in the classic trilogy it never seems that Vader has accomplished. Was Anakin damaged goods after the duel? Does Lucas ever comment on this?

6. Oracle_Ye_Prophecy

Oracle_Ye_Prophecy Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2004
    "Darth Vader will become more powerful than either of us!"

7. -Syn-

-Syn- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2005

Generally speaking, that's what happens when you get your arms and legs chopped off and then burned alive.

As for why Sidious needed Anakin after ROTS, it's to hunt down the remaining Jedi. Remember, Obi-Wan reversed the frequency, so I'm sure some Jedi lived. Vader kills them all. Moreover, Sidious needs an enforcer of the law. Look at Vader's usefulness in the OT. He commanded the hunt for the Falcon, found Luke, etc.

8. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    All in all he made a darned good apprentice, mastered all the things you look for in a Sith (fear, intimidation, torture, rape, pillage and plunder) quite well.

9. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    My theory was always that Palps knew anakins would have a child and kept Anakin alive purley to one-day lure the child to him, to replace vader. As palps says "everyting is going as i have forseen"

He knows all of ankins fears, secrets, weaknesses, hopes and dreams. It's possible he senced a child would be born who would be a threat to him and kept vader by his side to either kill him or have vader overthrown by him. Luke is what palps saw in anakin before his injouries, a powerful apprentice.

Just my little theory.

10. DarthSyphus

DarthSyphus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I think that you need to consider that the Emperor actually _cared_ for Darth Vader. I know that many people suppose that the Emperor and the Sith don't care for anyone, but this is clearly contradicted in the saga. The Emperor brags about Darth Vader being greater than either himself, which is not something that an egocentric person would say. He says that Darth Plagueis saved the ones he _cared about_. And clearly Darth Vader cares about Padme deeply. So, the Sith _are_ capable of caring for others.

The Emperor didn't need Darth Vader any more. He'd killed the separatists and destroyed the Jedi. Obi-Wan was no match for him, and Yoda had failed against him. Darth Vader's Force skills were no longer necessary. After all, he's not really successful in the OT. The Death Star gets blown up, the rebels escape from Hoth, etc. He doesn't really do anything that regular Imperial commanders couldn't do.

The Emperor keeps Darth Vader because he cares about him, as his brand new apprentice that has just helped him consolidate his power. He still has hopes for him. After he gets into the suit and over the next years, the Emperor slowly begins to take him for granted, and uses him just as one servant among many. Only much later does he find a new use for Vader, to help lure a new Jedi. At that point, the Emperor had become disappointed with Vader and wanted to get a new powerful apprentice.

11. cyberpol

cyberpol Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2005
    I agree with this. The sith draw their power from their emotions, so therefore it is possible for the sith to care for others. The scene where the emperor finds vaders wounded body, shows him kneeling down beside him in a caring fashion, i think this shows the emperor did care for vader in some way.

12. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    I think the sith care about as much for their apprentices as a child does with a new toy. It's cool at first, but then something better comes along and the old toy is discarded and the new one takes pride of place.
    We see this with Tyranus, and we later see it with vader when the emperor goads luke to distroy him and take his place, the same way he made anakin kill dooko.

Palps treats Vader with a sort of close friendship, but there are manay similarities between the whole "dooko - anakin" fight, set up by palps in ROTS, and the "Luke Vader" fight, aslo set up by palps in ROTJ.
    Both times Palps is trying to off his old apprentice for a new one, while using this fight to turn a good jedi to the darkside. Palps is a first class manipulator aint he.

13. Seperatist

Seperatist Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Palps could just have let Vader die/frie and hunted down his childeren.

Or there is more about their relationship than we know or even want to know. ;)

14. YodaOz

YodaOz Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    If anything is charred remains, it's General Grevious NOT Anakin!!

15. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    GG has certtainly been sliced and diced, but nothing shows he's been extra crispy deep fried (ie CHARRED) like Anakin.

16. Dark_Plagueis

Dark_Plagueis Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    I think the real reason why Sidious saved anakin and putts him in the suit, is because...he owns him something.

every fighter fights with honour. you might think now, a Sith Lord never fights with honour. here is were you are wrong.

episode I = Qui Gon Jinn & Obi Wan VS Darth Maul.
    episode II = Obi Wan & Anakin VS Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku.

every time we saw a Sith Lord in action. there were two jedi, fighting him. is this then fighting with honour. two against one. I think it's every Sith his good reason, the fight dirty, when it's two against one. everyone would do that.

but in episode III = anakin enters Palpatine's chamber, and sees Mace holding his sabre at
    Darth Sidious. Anakin saves Darth Sidious from death. this is honor,

17. Dark_Plagueis

Dark_Plagueis Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    I think the real reason why Sidious saved anakin and putts him in the suit, is because...he owns him something.

every fighter fights with honour. you might think now, a Sith Lord never fights with honour. here is were you are wrong.

episode I = Qui Gon Jinn & Obi Wan VS Darth Maul.
    episode II = Obi Wan & Anakin VS Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku.

every time we saw a Sith Lord in action. there were two jedi, fighting him. is this then fighting with honour. two against one. I think it's every Sith his good reason, the fight dirty, when it's two against one. everyone would do that.

but in episode III = anakin enters Palpatine's chamber, and sees Mace holding his sabre at
    Darth Sidious. Anakin saves Darth Sidious from death. this is honor,
    from Darth Sidious his point of view. that's why he saves anakin on
    Mustafar. he owned it.

sorry for the early post, I wasn't finished!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.