main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why would Sidious want Ventress to kill Anakin?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hogne, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hogne

Hogne Jedi Master star 1

Sep 21, 2004
    I've just watched my Clone Wars dvd (vol1) and in Ventress' first appearance, Sidious asks her to kill Anakin. Why would he do that ? I'ts clear that at this point, Palpatine/Sidious has decided that Anakin is the apprentice he wants. Was it some sort of test of Anakin?

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Indeed, it was a test. Both Anakin and Ventress are powerful in the Force, and Sidious sent Ventress as a test to see who is stronger. If Ventress had suceeded, you can pretty much bet that she would become the next Sith Apprentice within the next few years.

A good question would be who would be her Master though? Would Sidious betray Tyranus, or vice versa?

It is clear through Yoda: Dark Rendezvous that Asajj wanted Dooku to kill Sidious so Dooku would be the master and Asajj the apprentice.

So many possibilities...

3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    He knew she couldn't kill him, He was too powerful by then.

IMPOV,She was sent because she could not stay with Dooku and Sidious. There must only be two, thats what the rule is. So instead of just rejecting her they sent her to bring out more anger in Anakin and further hone his skills.

Also,this way he's taken away from the real battles for a few moments.

4. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    It's like in the end of Labyrinth of Evil, when Sidious sets up the ROTS Anakin vs. Dooku duel as a test for Anakin to see if he's ready to be turned to the Dark Side.

If I remember correctly, the dialogue in the Clone Wars cartoon about Asajj was something like:
    Dooku: "She will be more than a match for young Skywalker."
    Sidious: "It matters not. She is but an instrument to bring forth the eradication of the Jedi."

I'm pretty confident Sidious fully expected Anakin to win the fight with Asajj. She's "bring(ing) forth the eradication of the Jedi" by fueling Anakin's hatred and aggressive feelings, in preparation for Sidious' attempt to turn him. Then the rematch with Dooku did more of the same.

5. Darth_Ogawa

Darth_Ogawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Yeah, I agree. Palpatine knows Ventress is just a wanna'be Sith and that she wouldn't really be able to win against Anakin. But one thing about her is that she is very arrogant almost in a taunting way when she uses her tricks.

So Palpatine uses her to confront Anakin because he knows that her arrogant and tricky style is a perfect way to begin bringing out the Darkside anger in Anakin.

Since Anakin is kinda' arrogant himself, it works out perfect because Ventress' brings out a competitiveness in Anakin that begins turning into anger.

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Yeah i agree also It's all test for Anakin to bring out the anger Palps was just setting the stages up for his new apprentice to be and Ventress was the right pawn at the right time. Palps was a genius yeah an evil genius at that.

7. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    What a brilliant guy. She was definitely an "instrument" that pushed Anakin more towards the dark side.

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  9. Master_Ti

Master_Ti Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Yea. Ventress was nothing more than a test for Anakin. She was meant to just further his rage, if anything, Sidious wanted Anaking to kill her.

*~Ti~*

10. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    That's right, just to get him more and more enraged so he inches closer to the Darkside.

11. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001

Why would Sidious want Luke to kill Vader? Same reason. He doesn't care who lives, just that he gets the best.

12. JediKink

JediKink Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2005
    What kind of question is that?
    I mean, who didn't want to stick a lightsaber through that whiny, monotoned, freak?;)

13. Cody-Vinahka

Cody-Vinahka Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    I think it was a test to "seal-the-deal" in his mind about having Anakin as his apprentice.

14. soriano329

soriano329 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    But after Ventress leaves, Sidius says to Dooku that she will be more than a match for Anakin. She was meant to test Anakin and make him stronger. She was a pawn of his in order to turn him to the dark side.

15. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Ventress was a test to see if Anakin was powerful enough to become a Sith Apprentice, and also to push him closer to the dark side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.