main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Why would you want to be a jedi.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by preston0040, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preston0040

preston0040 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2014
    While watching episode 2 I realized why the jedi always loss. They are weak, a sith lord can easily cloud their judgement and weaken their powers. The sith seem to be the better choice each time.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk 2

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I wouldn't say the Jedi are weak. Both factions are arrogant and misguided. Though I do think the Sith are more sound than the Jedi on some things. For me might isn't the same as power.

3. preston0040

Jun 7, 2014
    But jedi seem to toss away what can truly make them powerful. Where as the sith embrass it.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't know what that is for you as you haven't said. I think the main thing both get wrong are the handling of emotions outright denial of a core truth isn't healthy nor are emotions evil.

5. preston0040

Jun 7, 2014
    I just think the jedi's should embrass the emotions not deny them. There still could be a way to use emotion to feed your power yet stay level headed in your thinking.

6. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Eh, the Jedi_Sith ideologies mirror that of the Yin-Yang symbol, as they each have holes in their logic.

Each can be insanely awesome, though, or just rather insane depending on how you view them. Me? I would rather not be the person standing in the middle of a field of blaster fire wielding a magical glow stick. That just seems much too high-risk for my taste. Instead, I would be the dude hiding behind the other dude, ducking for cover getting ready to run and scream in the opposite direction.

Thuro and Gossamer like this.
  7. Crystalia

Crystalia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2013
    if you're going soley by watching episode 2 (which I assume you mean AOTC)

Obi and Anakin only lost because Dooku was more experienced than them, that factored with Obi-Wan and Anakin already being exhausted from fighting in what seemed like a hot climate.

It had nothing to do with Jedi being weak.

8. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Remember, the Dark Side is more seductive. Being a Sith has its disadvantages. Your master will try to replace you and your apprentice will try to kill you.

Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
  9. preston0040

Jun 7, 2014
    No this just stems from what ive seen throught the games ive played and stuff ive read.

10. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Personally, I've never really seen the appeal of being a Jedi.Too misguided for my taste and besides that the Sith are more interesting.

11. preston0040

Jun 7, 2014
    Right

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the Sith look so cool in black and I don't wanna be told what to do waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sarge likes this.
  13. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.