main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto why you should always make sure your friends don't have cameras

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Elewyn, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

MUAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

aren't we lucky noone had a camera on US?

http://www.jedimaster.net/original.htm

2. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    The whole thing with this kid is pretty sad, I'm sure he's been traumatized for life. I'm ashamed that I laughed when I first saw the clip. I hope all this stuff isn't done with the intention of making him feel worse, and this is just a sign that people are reasoning that there's a little "Star Wars Kid" in all of us.

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    You forget, there was a camera capturing events...unfortunately, most of the really dumb things were done by me and somehow captured on tape.

4. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Actually, I believe this kid was filming himself and his friends got a hold of the tape.

This has already gotten pretty big. It was on a few television shows like Celebrity Justice talking how he's sueing his friends, ISP's, and anyone that was trying to circulate it. Apparently him and his parents and sueing for a substantial amount of money as he was being made fun of everywhere he went and had to home schooled for the rest of the school year.

And the kid is from Quebec...not too far away.

5. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Sueing why??? He has the largest fan following currently. I can't remember when something made waves like this on the internet...like everyone else he should exploit this opurtunity...after isn't that the american way. :p

Although his actions are also not far off from the american way. *rolls eyes*

6. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Ah, the "Star Wars Kid" stories.

To this day, I think the boy's a clever con man. You DON'T perform like that in your own school and make THOSE kind of moves unless you wanted to be seen.

Hell, I'm a geek, I'm overweight, I'd PAY someone to film me whiping around my tonfa stick and edit me fighting Jedi seeker drones and Matrix agents.

Hell, someone dub the 60's Star Trek fight music and put me against a digital Gorn!!!!!

7. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

thats right sprinkles...i mean adam *innoncent face*

hey he got a brand new computer out of it!

still how dumb do you have to be to film this at school YOURSELF when anyone can get ahold of it.

i mean...what do you expect? if i were him i wouldn't be trusting those "friends" though.

8. graphicfire

graphicfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    hehe that rocks

thats odd that people would have such negative remarks like that unless they were really insecure about themselevs

i did a similar thing in high school, i figuerd out a way to make decent lightsabers in the TV studio, and all the people who saw it thought it was cool, i even had the head of the student councel in there "battleing" his best friend" and other so called ""cool"" people did as well ..i still have the tape, its kind of sad...this is how you explore creativity and and learn new things...im betting he was probaly just learning how to use some of the equipment. hopefully he dosent let it get to him

9. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    http://starwarskid.com/ is the main website of the different movies that were made on him if you want to check it out.

10. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

This kid isn't getting the runt end of the stick. He's started his own fandom...

I mean, if it was me in his situation, I'd be riding the limelight, try and get some acting jobs out of it. Sign autographs! :p

I think the kid should take it as a blessing. It could have turned horrbily worse.

11. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    ...UH...maybe I'm "odd" but after watching that video for the first time, all I could think was: "Cool!" I don't think he's sad at all, or loserish or pathetic...on the other hand, he's just doing what my brother and I used to do all the time...it's a physical equivilent to fan fic.

12. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Well.. I'll be brinning a camera with me to the parade.. so who knows? It could be all of us that get this type of fandom instead!

13. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Uh, here's a thought, guys...Maybe some people don't WANT massive amounts of attention focused on them. A lot of people have serious insecurity issues, and one innocent mistake like this can really hurt when blown out of proportion. Hell, people have killed themselves over less. I mean, I'm not saying there isn't any possibility that him and his parents are being money grubbing opportunists with the lawsuit, but lets give him the benefit of the doubt. And come on...saying that he should have expected something like this?? That's like saying that a woman in a lowcut top and mini-skirt who walks through an inner-city neighbourhood late at night should have known that she was asking to be raped. You don't ask to be abused, and that is exactly what his "friends" did to him.

I just love living in an age where fat people and midgets are funny. *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.