Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright eariler today I was watching "Signs"

A certian part of the movie made me scream, loudly. The first movie EVER to make me scream.

Now, I'm doing the dishes and I load the dishwasher and put the soap in it and then close it to turn it on, when I see a spider crawl out of under the little lip on the Dishwashers front. The damn thing made me scream loudly, again.

Why are things makeing me scream today? WHY WHY WHY?!?!

Anyone got other stories to share?

*chews gum*

AMi
  2. Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I can`t wait to sit this one down and make her watch Alien...

;)
  3. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll keep my eyes closed!

*chews gum*

AMi
  4. Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That's okay Stef, the sound effects alone will suffice.

And then we'll have to introduce you to the sequel!

Now THAT is a movie.
  5. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love the movie signs. I have it on my comp... I mean, on dvd *innocent look*

Fearfully good! I couldn't sleep well that night.
  6. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Don't feel bad about having it on your computer...Stef and I get it free on our satellite. (well almost free...$1 a day)
  7. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    I get it totally free ;)

I mean. . ..

*chews gum*

AMi
  8. Darth_DTS Jedi Youngling

9. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    The great thing about Signs is that it is a VERY tense, and VERY, VERY suspenseful movie...

Rare is a movie that actually gets me on the edge of my seat... but I couldn't leave the theater while watching this movie...

And it was like I expected... and nothing like I expected... GREAT movie!!!!
  10. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    I screamed! I never scream!

*chews gum*

AMi
  11. Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "Anyone got other stories to share? "

That sentence almost caused a great war over porcupine social insurance. Fortunately, I had an essay to write and couldn't take the time to tell the dramatic tale.
  12. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Cursed Essay, it was an interesting assignment you had, but missing a tale of porcupine social insurance... well, that's unfourtunate indeed.
  13. Elewyn Jedi Padawan

star 4

as for stories to share....

when harry potter 2 was released in theatres,i being a harry potter fan had to see it. i went with a bunch of friends from work, including my bf (though we weren't dating at the time)

i HATE spiders...i mean horribly terribly am petrified of them, so the part with the spiders made me really squeamish, but i was okay..then right when harry and ron get into the car to escape this spiders slams itself on the windshield. i scream so loudly the entire theatre goes "shhhhh" and half a dozen people turn around to see who just broke the sound barrier...

my bf still laughs about it, but i still laugh too :)

hey. it was a spider thing right? okay? so there!

so you see stef. i understand completely :)
  14. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ohh, I dislike Spiders aswell. Yet when I went to see the movie, of course I knew spiders would show up some time in the movie, so I was more prepared.

My friends Jenny and Chris were with me, on either side. They both squased my hands, so painful!

Yet, did you notice, while the spiders were running to catch Harry, that it scary enough looked like Orcs runing through the woods, to get to the Fellowship. Anyone else notice that, or was it my crazy mind at work?
  15. Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yes, I hate spiders too. And I had to work up north all summer!!!!! I didn't even want to go out of my cabin at night!
    HP didn't scare me too bad at the spider part, but I did cringe a few times.

As for Signs....I really wanted to see that movie, cuz I love scary movies.....but now I'm not so sure.....
  16. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    Does everybody hate spiders?

I mean I don't like them, but I don't hate them so to speak.

The world would be a better place if they were invisible, but. . . . ;)

*chews gum*

AMi
  17. Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan

star 4
    What all these ladies forget is that spiders are a vital link to the insect population control. Unless it has a little hour glass on its back, the majority are not worthy of your fears.

What all these ladies, (being fans of the Lord of the Rings trilogy,) may also forget is that the "Return of the King," will usher in a new fad on giant spiders.

;)
  18. THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Logical as your answer is about spiders controling the insect population, most of us have seen too many movies about creepy crawlies of any kind to like spiders.

It doesn't help with urban legends about spiders laying eggs in you cheek etc.
  19. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan

star 4
    > As for Signs....I really wanted to see that movie...

Well, while some people will tell you that the plot holes completely ruin the movie... with just a little bit of suspension of disbelief you can enjoy one of the best crafted films in recent memory. It's tense, but a really great movie. Go for it.
  20. KingBob Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Which movie, when I went to see this I saw two movies, one was a well done suspence film, the second was a cheesy B-movie-esqu alien invasion movie. BAH
  21. merc-with-a-mouth Jedi Youngling

Signs was a great flick. I recommend seeing it. Twice. Thrice.

I still can't understand the fear of spiders in everyone. Just because it has more legs than you do, doesn't mean they're bad. Besides, without them, there would have been no inspiration for Stan Lee to create Spider-Man. Can you imagine instead Locust-Man or Man-Hopper?

I can imagine people jumping at Harry Potter though, cause I saw this one chick scream so loud I thought she woke up the dead and she launched straight out of her seat.
    It was great!
    I, like the guy beside her got a great laugh out of it.
  22. Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master

star 4
    Besides, without them, there would have been no inspiration for Stan Lee to create Spider-Man. Can you imagine instead Locust-Man or Man-Hopper?

That sounds totally funny! Man hopper! [face_laugh] Seriously the only time spiders scare me is when I don't see them, then suddenly I do. . .

I have yet to be in a theatre where someone screams. Altho that would be quite amusing. Maybe that's the reason I stay home to watch the slightly scary-er movies, so I don't scream in the theatre...

*chews gum*

AMi
  23. Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OT: To express the spiderman comment, the insect that inspired Stan Lee was a mosquito but he wanted to create a dark presence for the character and give him an edge that no one at the time had. Hence the fear of spiders was a natural topic. He was intentionally playing off people's fears. however his first draft of the character was scrapped and he only launched the character because the line of issues he was first shown in was about to get recalled and Stan feared losing his job.

However, in light of recent concerns I will return this thread to it original intent. Though I am a fan of Shamylan and wish to develope a similar style of filmmaking i have yet to see signs. i have heard mixed things though that is not what is slowling me. I lack the available funds and never rent movies anymore I just purchase them. should I not enjoy them then I can always sell them and the diferrence would be about the same as renting them.
  24. Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I personally had problems with Signs. As a movie it was fun, as a movie following in the footsteps of Unbreakable and Sixth Sense, it was a serious let down.

All the build up to it, the website and commercials, made it appear to be a movie about aliens and cropcircles (like a thinking mans independence day) reasons and explainations, but we get a boofest instead, focused on one family and their farm.

It was a forgettable summer movie, sad to say. What movie were we discussing?

As for the Spiders, well, as long as I can see them clearly (walking on a table or such) I'm fine with them. Creepy crawly found suddenly on my arm, yeegah!

25. sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Spiders have to many legs.

What's with everyone changing their icons to disney characters embrasing?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.