main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why ?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by KitFist0, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Okay recently there has been some drama in Fan Force Canada. The western FF members wanted a new social board, something that doesn't exist anywhere in FF, YoungJediNiagara didn't want to give them one. YJN, RSA for Canada, has been demoted without explanation. I would like to know why the western member got one and why we lost an amazing RSA ?

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'll let the GSAs answer your questions, but know that all of these issues (and others) are being very activly discussed in the OFH right now.

~H~

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000

Well, since the only thread explaining any of this (and the one in which he actually resigned) has been deleted, you aren't alone in wanting some resolution on this.

I would hope it will be made public soon, Kit.

*Derisa*

4. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    It's all being discussed and I'm sure the outcome will become public knowledge when there IS an outcome. So sit tight, stay tuned and relax because it's being taken care of.

5. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "Well, since the only thread explaining any of this (and the one in which he actually resigned) has been deleted, you aren't alone in wanting some resolution on this."

I understand the frustrations of not getting any answers, and while it's being actively discussed, a resolution might be while. From what I understand, YJN deleted that thread, I don't know why he did, that's between him and the GSAs & Canadian RSAs I guess, but he started and deleted it. His demotion to VIP status was due to his resigning in that thread or taking a break or whatever is going on. It's common practice in FF & the JC that resigning and/or taking extended breaks from modding results in demotion to VIP status. What happens from here is anyone's guess, but this is probably not the place to speculate. Questions/Concerns/Support/Complaints should be directed via PM & email to YJN and/or the GSAs.

6. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Can we get more then a smoke screen answer about this please ?

7. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Actually, no. Since as yet, nothing has been decided. When it has, this thread will be one of the first things updated. Until them, I'm afraid, you'll have to wait a bit.

8. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Of course it is a wise thing when decisions are not foolishly or errantsly rushed into....wise, indeed, when there is ample time and opportunity in which to consider *all* sides of a story, and every facet of the situation, before reaching the ultimate decision. It is the wisest endeavour, truly, to actually hear out everything that needs to be heard....from *everyone* involved. In other words....to allow all aspects of the situation to become known, so that a foolish or unjust, unfair decision is not brought down, come the end. In order to avoid injustice, and the very real possibility also of a grave and recklessly wanton, foolish and unfair, and wholly *wrong* mistake, being made....so as to sidestep such pitfalls, then....I would naturally hope to be sure that there *is*, in fact, no rushing to judgement being done here. Naturally, if circumstances were truly sound and to be trusted, it would be the expectation that *everyone* involved would have their say....openly, honestly, fairly.

However....I must say that I find these recent developments, as pertaining directly to this situation, to be remarkably disturbing and very troublesome....as they should, indeed, to be anyone with a sense of what is properly expected and deserved. What has been coming to pass is, I think, proving to be seriously unnerving....I daresay that it also speaks very ill of matters indeed, when the proper authoritative channels are circumvented in apparent fashion, and people who have every reason to expect that their judgement, as part of their position, *is* in fact trusted and respected - then find out the exact opposite. People, in other words, like YJN.

Please, allow me to explain....I only wish to make the point in the best way possible. The overriding fact of the matter stands thusly....that YJN, as one of the Canadian RSAs, has done a *phenomenal* job these past months and years; he has, without a doubt, been forced to put up with more difficulties, stress, aggravation, frustration, turmoil and pain than *any* other RSA in any other Fanforce chapter, period. Time and again, he has truly gone above and beyond the call of duty, in his position as RSA....he has faced innumerable problematic and divisive situations, yet has always approached them with the proper and perfectly justified mindset that, as an RSA, he must ensure that the Canadian Fanforce as a whole - and in parts, as well - does not completely splinter asunder. It is his duty to help ensure that things keep running smoothly (enough), and so he *does*, time and time again....he puts himself out there, risks being flamed and insulted and who knows what else, all for doing his *job*.

Indeed, one might be led to wonder, given what he has had to put up with, whether his job has on occasion been rather a thankless one....yet he's done it anyway - because he *cares* about the Canadian Fanforce and its member groups, and because he wants to see it be all that it is truly capable of being. He wants each and every group, and every member therein, to be their very best....period. And, yes....as part of his job as RSA, and given the fact that it entitles him to the authority to make certain necessary judgement calls - sometimes he *has* had to make those truly difficult decisions....he's faced trouble, backlash, abuse and worse as a result of them. But they're *his* decisions to make, for the good of the Canadian forums and their memberships, in his position as *Canadian* RSA....and his authority therein cannot be allowed to be circumvented. If it is, that in essence throws into question the very legitimacy of the proper channels of power and administration here.

It is, I posit here, all suspect and truly a grim situation....if the RSAs are threatened, bullied, and in general denied the opportunity to use, as necessary, their authority as is seen fit....yes, if and when they have to. Just like *all* mods and administrators do, after all....sometimes it does, indeed, become necessary. But YJN, like others, *never* did such things lightly....he has always been *very* fair

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Hello Dawn,

It seems you have been misinformed. YJN is merely on an extended vacation as you can see by his current title which he gave himself. At this juncture I fully expect him to return as RSA when his extended vacation is over unless he contacts us and tells us otherwise.

10. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, your concern or feedback is most assuredly appreciated, as such things always are in most any circumstances, and I do thank you for that - but you can certainly rest assured that, no, I have *not* in fact been the least bit misinformed. I am quite well aware of where, and in what capacity and regard, my information comes from....just as I am quite well aware of certain refinements of the situation. Nonetheless, your concern is appreciated, as I said - you just needn't worry, really. I'm quite well-aware, indeed, since that is after all something I do pride myself on.... Thank you, though, in any case....

Dawn.

11. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    It seems you have been misinformed. YJN is merely on an extended vacation as you can see by his current title which he gave himself. At this juncture I fully expect him to return as RSA when his extended vacation is over unless he contacts us and tells us otherwise.

Then why did he tell me he was demoted?

12. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Good question. Why did he tell you that? He deleted the original thread, but here's the text of his resignation or whatever it was.

Date Posted: 2:04pm
    Subject: RE: Canadian Forums Update

That's it, I've had it.

I'm resigning as RSA, or at the very least taking an extended holiday.

I'll not have my actions questioned, expecially when I'm trying my best to accomidate everyone across the country, instead of giving into what one parties wants.

You think you can do a better job...have at it.

If he was demoted, it was after this was posted.

*Derisa*

13. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    I am very much in agreement, Fanboy_Solo, because my information as well was that he was demoted - for whatever supposed reason or "rationale" that might be, although at this point it is hardly looking in the least bit rational, fair, justifiable or even-handed - and this, then, is what leads one to inevitably conclude that there is a matter of grave suspicion and worrisome implications being perpetrated here. The entire set of circumstances truly do not come across at all well....indeed, more and more, the entire situation continues to smack of some very eggregious, very disheartening and *very* troubling judgements being made. I am very much in agreement with you that it well behooves us to keep asking questions, seeking clarification....demanding fair treatment, if you will, if that is being denied certain people involved....for we do, I feel, have every right and reason to be rather worried and disconcerted. Especially since, as you say and as we well know, we have not been "misinformed"....

Dawn.

14. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    I think that all comes down to the "source" of your "information". Obviously if one person has been spending time talking to you about a situation that you feel has dire consequences, it rather "behooves" you to do some research and find out what the other side might be, before you leap to possibly unfair conclusions yourself.

*Derisa*

15. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's always procedure to demote managers who are on vacation, so that their account don't pose a security risk for the boards. It has happened that accounts like that have been hacked, and you can do quite a lot of harm if you get into a manager account.

16. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Just out of interest - for those who feel YJN was demoted, did he say any of the details of it to you? The length, the reason, the rank he was being demoted to etc.? It's just good to have a gauge of what he thought happened, what he's been telling people happened, and what actually happened. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that they are all the same thing right now.

17. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Ok, Chris is a good friend of mine and we talked about it when I came over. Yes I got the whole story. Boy did it change the way I saw the way things have been run. He was demoted as in, no longer RSA. The issues with the social forum and the pathetic deal about a "security threat". And the sarcasm and singling out because of the inconveniences of a shared computer.

18. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    I'm only at liberty to say that you are misinformed and that is not the accurate sequence of events, though it may be that it is how Chris viewed them. It's fairly public knowledge that he resigned/took a vacation in a sticky thread he made (then deleted). Nobody stopped him being an RSA before this point.

19. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    To keep claiming that we have been somehow misled or misinformed does not, I daresay, necessarily make it so....no matter how often it is said. We have, I feel that I simply must reiterate, *not* been.... And certainly, one must also be given to wonder - and comment, as well - upon how the still more troubling questions and issues that have been raised here, such as those that Fanboy_Solo has just broached yet again....still, these are not being directly addressed or explained. To claim that something is "not the sequence" of how it all happened doesn't make it any less true....or any less troubling or deeply, aggravatingly unnerving, either. Suspicions, bad blood, ill will, and general accusations, negativity and threats do so obviously remain, as pertains to these circumstances....one would *hope*, normally, that these could be addressed fairly, tolerantly, on a level and even-handed playing field. That is *not*, however, how the entire matter has played out.

And, alas, so clearly still, the very credibility and authority of the "chain of command" herein, the administration itself, would seem to now be well-and-truly jeopardized....and this should certainly stand as a right proper concern with anyone and everyone. Otherwise, matters will only worsen, plain and simple.

Dawn.

20. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Mara_Jade_Fan - "YJN is merely on an extended vacation as you can see by his current title which he gave himself."

Really? Not what was told to me in the RSA forum or via PM by Shara_82. Although you are correct in saying "YJN went on Vacation" I don't think it is a good policy to tell me one thing to me, and the general public another.

Derisa - "If he was demoted, it was after this was posted." Correct, but it was based on that post. Apparently people could only read as far as "I'm resigning as RSA" then elected to forget the rest of what I said.

Obi Anne - "It's always procedure to demote managers who are on vacation"

Really? Who was the last RSA to be demoted while on vacation? I believe 2 out of the 3 GSA's were just "on vacation" a few weeks ago?funny I don't recall them being demoted. Just when did that policy start or is this yet another judgement call that the other RSA's were left out of?
    If that is the case then why was I told that I was demoted because I resigned (that we can all clearly agree to, that I did not)?

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Chris,

At one point you resigned, then decided to go on extended leave. Either way, whether you have resigned or are on extended leave, it is commonplace to demote people down to VIP. When you wish to return to RSA duties, please let us know, and we will return your moderator powers. I am not privy to what another GSA told you in PM so I can't speak to that issue.

22. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    I do believe that YJN raised a series of specific, direct, and very to-the-point questions, concerns and issues in his previous post here....in which case, those absolutely merit being directly addressed, with total candor and even-handed forthrightness. If he asks the question and has the concern, then - presuming, of course, that there's nothing untoward or at all underhanded going on here - surely it should be easy as wink to address them in an immediate, clear and precise manner. This is, after all, treatment and courtesy that anyone should expect - of course, for the sake of clarifying what are obviously *very* troubled and murky matters....and which are evidently no closer to making any sort of justifiable or rational sense.

Dawn.

23. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Who was the last RSA to be demoted while on vacation?

*raises hand*

I ask for it any time I go on vacation for longer than a few days. I don't necessarily always get granted it, and if I do I usually have to get it undone, but I certainly ask for it. :)

24. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I guess I'm one of the GSAs that was out there withour being demoted. The thing was though it wasn't public that I had taken a semi-break, and I still went in and performed my RSAs duties at the time.

It's also a difference in being away for a weekend and going on an extended vacation.

25. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Who was the last RSA to be demoted while on vacation?

Twice for me...though it wasn't technically a "vacation" in either case, it was a break from moderating nonetheless. As already pointed out, taking a week long vacation is different than 3 month one...the difference being a person is demoted for the longer break, not the shorter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.