main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why ?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by KitFist0, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    That theres a human being behind that name who has done more as RSA than anyother RSA I know of. He travelled across Canada to patch up anything that was cropping up, his domain of RSA is what 5 times the size of any others?

Seriously, no. To all of that. He has never been the RSA of the largest single area in Fan Force, and also, he is not the first Canadian RSA, nor has he ever had to serve in such a position on his own. Ulmetiez was around as a RSA long before YJN even became a FanForce chapter, has been serving the entire time, and then there was the addition of a third Canadian RSA.

As to travelling across Canada to settle things, I think that it's great for him and the Canadian FFs that he has the time, money and resources to be able to do that. He is of course not the only one to have ever done that, but I'm sure that you know that. Doing that also isn't the only way to deal with it since I know through personal experience that many of the former and currently serving RSAs are still able to produce the same results without travelling anywhere using whatever resources they have available to them.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Just to clarify something, Ulmetiez is just the French speaking RSA.

3. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I'm not even going to attempt to continue wading through this thread. It is all wishy-washy, and completely, completely unclear, I haven't gotten any good information out of it. I have no idea what went on, what discussions are underway, etc. Chris prefers to keep that private, it's absolutely none of my business.

The bottom line is this:

I'm in a leadership position in Toronto/London. Part of this job involves staying in contact with my regional RSAs, for administrative purposes, etc. This is my problem: I didn't even hear from any official sources that Chris was no longer serving as an RSA. As someone who works with them, I need to know who my RSAs are! And that goes for all people in this region who may need to contact one of them for whatever reason. I don't care if decisions are still pending, or what kind of talking is going on, or whatever, or if the decision will change. But in order to maintain the peace and structure of fanforce, people need to know who to go to. And if I, as a leader don't know, then how is it expected that anyone else knows?

Listen. Here is what I need, and what my fellow members in Canada need. And it's something that can be done without extensive discussion on the part of the GSAs. I need a GSA to go into Canada General, and start a thread there. No ambiguity ("right now we're not sure if he's an RSA"), no humanistic stuff ("he is so great, but unfortunately..."). Just say either "at the present time, Chris is not acting as RSA" or "at the present time, he is." Then LOCK IT to stop the speculation, and stop it from becoming a thread like this.

This can be done even though the GSAs are in discussion and a longterm answer has not yet been reached. It is a simple way to maintain function until the final resolution. If even this, which is purely common sense cannot be done, then I question the whole purpose of the higher-ups structure we have right now. Thank you.

4. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Thanks so much, Heather :)
    Very much appreciated!

5. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Just to cover all the bases, here is what was posted in the Canadian General Forum:

On September 25, YJN officially resigned as Canadian RSA via a PM to the FF Staff.

If any of the Canadian CRs or members need to contact a RSA, please contact Crazy Mike or Uilmuteiz. If you need additional assistance, please contact one of the GSAs, including myself.

~H~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.