main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wicca

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by flying_fishi, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    "Simple - the Universe is made of it. Some of it is in the form of matter, some as visible light or other light waves, some of it in other forms science doesn't deal with."

Are you referring to mana, perhaps?

2. Qui-Rune

Qui-Rune Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    AJA,

No, it is not a joke.

You see, all matter in the universe is made up of pure energy. Quantum physisists have proved it by breaking down atoms into protons, neutrons and electrons. These can be broken down further into quarks and other things such as photons, neutrinos and finally the pure energy that was eminated from the intial explosion of the big bang.

This energy forms all matter in the universe, living and non-living.

Some can focus on this "Force" and reach higher levels of enlightenment.

3. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Greetings again all... lol... have to throw in may two cents... *winks*...

Once again I see many similarities between what I believe and Qui-Rune. Nice to see the scientific end of it brought to the table.

On the topic of "spell" work...

I find that the best published spellbooks are those that simply give you an idea of how to do it... not tell you the where, when, who, why, and how. Spells are best created by the caster. One written by someone else lacks the same emotional attachment as one written by yourself. Group work differs a bit, in that basic rituals are easier for all to remember, but I still prefer my own. I find that a huge part of why they work for me is the time and effort I put into them. Not just the act itself.
    I have been casting for many years and still find it VERY ok to say I still " Practice" Craft. lol... No one gets it right all the time...

Some very good books are out there... if you get the chance to Read... Life Magic, by Susan Bowes .... wonderful book... (and I know she spelled magic without the K)...

As a rule I never cast unless all else fails. Even then... I only cast upon myself or family and close friends that ask me to do so. NEVER without consent!!!!

(by the same token... I would really want someone to pray for me, if I asked them not to or felt offended in some way.)

Since this thread started as a questions on Wicca thread I will try to do my part to keep it that way. Questions are welcome by me.

Till next then... :)

4. Qui-Rune

Qui-Rune Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Java_Jedi,

I have read Life Magic and it is a must own for Wiccans, I think.

It is nice to know that my beliefs are shared by others. Thank You.

5. Jenavira

Jenavira Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1998
    Qui - I didn't mean to imply I was afraid of quantum physics; I find the topic fascinating, but I know my understanding of it is rudimentary at best. (With my kind of luck, someone in here would be a quantum physicist, and I'd make a fool of myself.)

Java - Must check that one out! :) Have you read "Witch Crafting" by Phyllis Curott? I adore her "Book of Shadows", but I'm afraid I haven't the money for the hardback right now...*desperately wants WitchCrafting...*
    And I agree totally with what you said on spells...I find it impossible to memorize the poetry that shows up in so many rituals, so I write my own. It means more, and is much easier to remember. :)

Edit: No, wait, I found something I disagree with you about...I don't Work as a last resort, but rather as an aid to the rest of my life. Magic and Paganism is very much a part of the way I live my life, and as such I do a lot of day-to-day stuff, especially basic herbal magic. Though, like you, I never cast on someone else without consent.
    (This isn't to say you're wrong, of course, only that we do things differently. Makes the world interesting. :) )

Jenavira

6. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Morning all...

Jenavira... thanks. I should have stated things a bit better. I my own Life I do use craft everyday. Herbs, jewlery, things here and there. But as far as All Out Ritual... I tend to save them for special things.
    ( Saying goood morning to the world over coffee and toast and putting the left overs in our "faries" spot... could be called a ritual... and is, but I tend to refer to Rituals as Robes, candles, the works.) Sorry for the confusion... lol... now... for that coffee..... :D

7. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    Hey all! Nice to see this thread is operating smoothly now :)

I for one must say that I am ecstatic that for the first time, Midsummer/Summer Solstice/whatever-you-want-to-call it, is after I get out of school :) Last year I had a final exam on the same day as the Solstice :( My Neo-Pagan friends and I were all quite upset at that.

8. Jenavira

Jul 26, 1998
    Okay, there I'll agree with you, Java. :) I probably only do ritual on festivals and when I *really* need something...though I do cast circles sometimes when I'm having trouble focusing.

Ooooh, midsummer! (I completely forgot - but then, I completely forgot my birthday, too, so...*shrug*) Last summer I was in France and by total coincidence of scheduling we spent the day hiking in the mountains. That was awesome. :) Hmm...now to find something to do this year...

Jenavira

9. Darth Dradus

Darth Dradus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2000
    Hi All Pagans, Neo-Pagans, Wiccan, and any other group that I have forgot to mention becasue of my ignorance. I have a question, one of my old freind practices Santeria. She spoke to me about a 3-fold magic principal. Bascily if you do something to someone that it comes back to you 3 times as strong. Is this true about other magic practioners ? Can any of you give me examples in your own life to this ? I am interested and curious.

10. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Dardus... wow... I'm guessing your friend is down south... I haven't heard any mention Sateria in a while.

I find that some believe in the 3 fold law and others in the 10 fold. To me, it depends on what you are doing and with whom. As far as the affects of it... well... hum, personal experience... ok.

When I was much younger (13) and just learning about magick, A friend ans I cast a "spell" that was supposed to cause our ex- boyfriend to have his heart broken by the next 3 girls he dated. (lousy cheat!!) Anyway... sure enough the next 3 girls dumped his sorry butt, he got over it and moved on. The next 3 guys she and I dated... well... OUCH. Fell head over heals for each one, and got burned quite bad each time.

Needless to say I never condom Love or revenge "spells". Self improvement is one thing, but to directly set out to manipulate someone elses love life... Never!

I have seen things come full circle many times. Each was different. I have seen it come back 3x, 10x, and other ways. Think of it as the ripple effect. Once you send something out it effects everything else. This is why there is so much importance placed on studying vs. dabbling. But I find that stands true for everything we do, not just craft. Our actions in everyday life effect others whether we see it or not. :)

11. Darth Dradus

Darth Dradus Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 9, 2000
    Nah in not from down south im from New Jersey. My freind is Hispanic. Well I think that's interesting. Many people confuse her beliefs with Bujeria which from my knowledge is balck magic while Santerria is considered white.

12. Jenavira

Jul 26, 1998
    A lot of people also look on the Threefold Law as operating in *every* sphere of life, not just magical. In that context, it's a lot like the Golden Rule (Do Unto Others...). In magic, though, it generally comes back a little more forcefully and a little more specifically (ie, meaner. :) )

Dradus, do you know much about Santeria and/or Bujeria? I know some basic information, but I've never been able to talk to someone who knows much about it...

Jenavira

13. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
  14. Jenavira

Jul 26, 1998
    Cool; thanks!

Jenavira

15. Jenavira

Jul 26, 1998
    All right, so I'm becoming fanatical about this thread, but I like it - very little screaming, and a couple of good discussions.

One thing we rather neglected was the religious aspect to Paganism - magic is all well and good, but after all, it wasn't the reason most of us got into it in the first place.

Summer Solstice, one of the four Minor Sabbats of the year, is coming up soon; June 21st again this year. This is a really terrific article on what it means in a pretty generic Pagan context.

Other Pagans/Wiccans - what are you doing for the Solstice? Everybody else - I think this happens to be one of the few Pagan holidays that doesn't have another major event associated with it. Does anyone else recognize the Solstice in any way?

(Let's see if we can still generate some discussion...)

Jenavira

16. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Let's see... personally, I like the lesser holidays... As far as midsummer goes, the hubby and I will be having fun and celibrating on our own. We have a charity event the next day, so I think we might do something for success of the event. other than that, I am hoping to get my Rune staff completed.

Cool news if anyone is interested... I have been asked to do some articles for Pagan Living magazine. *(does Happy dance)* One will be on the dreation of a new style of Rune set that is used with water. I have a few ideas for the others. Thinking about doing a kid's project, and Farie garden. Ideas are welcome... feedback is always accepted. :)

17. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    Doing various things to help out with the a large public circle... I am the flyer queen!

The summer holidays generally don't call me very much, so I'm mostly doing sideline stuff, like decorating.

18. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Okay, I've moved to this tread...

Are there any around who practise Celtic Magic??? Or druidism?

I'm studying witchcraft, but I have not yet specialized in any. So before I do I like to know about other experiencies in witchcraft and in what they specialized in.

19. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Personally, I work mainly with casting energies. I honestly enjoy it. I have done other things, but found that this suits my the best. Now, many will say all craft is energy work. Yes, to a point. I refer to it very often as a casting "style" was opposed to sect.... LOL... I posted Pagan Paths just yesturday...lol... Couldn't find the Wicca thread. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.