main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wicker Park

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by DarthLassic007, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I saw this movie last night. It's one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. I didn't even know where the plot was going until over half way through the movie. Every character in the movie is either crazy or a stalker. I'm not saying it was a bad movie. Just really strange.

2. Da-Observer

Da-Observer Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2003
    I saw an advance screening. I enjoyed it. It was much different and a lot better than I thought.

3. Darth Michigan

Darth Michigan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 1999
    Really? Wow. I had the opposite reaction. This is just my opinion, but I felt it went on forever to tell a story that really had no compelling conclusion. Sure it has twists and turns, but by the time the truth was revealed about what happened, I was like "That's it?" I mean it wasn't straight up awful, but I walked out glad that I didn't pay for the ticket.

4. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    What about "Dorme"? How was Rose's performance?

5. jedidc

jedidc Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    I have to agree. I went and saw this yesterday afternoon and I thought it was terrible. The whole movie is slow and the twist are not good enough to change your opinion at the end. I made it through the while thing but was not very happy when I left.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I've never heard of this movie. What's it about?

7. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    It's a remake of a french film called "L'Apartement"..

The basic plot, from what i've heard:

"This "Hitchcockian" thriller tells the story of a young Chicago investment banker (Hartnett) who becomes obsessed with a woman he sees in a cafe, believing her to be his long-lost love, following her home to her apartment, where he waits for her, going so far as to put his engagement on hold. His search soon sends him down a dangerous path..."

I've heard really bad things, and the trailers looked pretty horrid (Rose Byrne's performance looked CRINGE worthy..)

8. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    i regret losing that period of time in my life watching that piece of crap trust me do not waste your money on it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.