main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

wide-angle and telephoto lens attachments

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Twisted_Hero, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisted_Hero

Twisted_Hero Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Has anybody used them?

like the ones here:
    Raynox.co.jp

I want to get a wide angle lens attachment, and probably get a telephoto too. I'd like to hear about people's experience with them, which are the best? what to look out for?

your comments will be greatly appreciated.

-Jezza

2. Tarn

Tarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    I regularly use the standard wide-angle lens for the Canon XM2, and it does a fantastic job. Really helps to remove the 'home movie' feel from which video inherently suffers.

Also makes a lot of filmmaking easier and more practical. Filming in cramped conditions becomes less of a problem, and exteriors look more majestic and visually enticing.

One of those things that I can't quite work out how I ever did without it...

3. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    A wide-angle lens is nothing short than wonderful. I recently picked up one for my Sony miniDV and shot some test footage this weekend of soon-to-be locations for my feature. The doorways and hallways look eerie, and it does make small spaces look bigger. The small pipe room that I shot in was done with a wide-angle lens and it did make it look bigger (and maybe scarier).

The telephoto lens works great for long distance shots. It will bring out the background, and make it somewhat 3-dimensional. Though I haven't formly used one, I intend on getting one. The Photorium I shop at was all out of them this weekend. :( But I'll be back....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.