main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~Widows and Orphans~*~ (JA, some Obi-Torture)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
  2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Post more before I have to go out of town for a few days.

3. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Xalr stood by the opening into the prison chamber, which he had decided would be the holding room for all the children, because of it's wide expanse. He tightly secured chains on the last two children. One was around four the other was only two, fear was vivid in their eyes. Xalr looked around the room of sobbing infants. Good. Fear was important, he would have a great army in years to come soon. Suddenly he saw a small girl in the corner. Her eyes were set in a determined glare. He moved over to her.

"Hello child. What is your name?"

"My mum told me never to talk to strangers." The small girl snapped.

"I see, I see." He smiled at her cruelly. "You must be the daughter of Tharos, hmm?" Her eyes brimmed with angry tears at the mention of her dead father's name. He smiled at her.

"Which means that you must be Nareen." Nareen shrunk away.

"You're a very bad man." She murmured.

"I am?" Xalr gave her a shocked look. "I didn't realize." He grabbed the girl by the front of her night gown and yanked her forward. "I would suggest little lady that you do not vex me. I am very evil man, and your tearful eyes won't keep me from doing you fatal harm." He gave her a forceful shove into the wall. Her eyes flashed, but she didn't cry. The slight boy next to her, though, burst into tears. Nareen turned and cradled the small boy in arms.

"It's okay Deezy, he'll be in big trouble when someone finds us."

"Bad news for you child." One of Xalr's men, Zyo spoke up. "No one will ever find you in here. All that's left are a bunch of widows who are crying because they don't have their precious darlings any more." Zyo came up close to Nareen's face. "So this is the end."

"Is the whole planet here to see us off?" Obi-Wan groaned. He was feeling nervous enough. He had mothers coming up from all over the the crowd.

"Find my Gen."

"Help my little Queeri."

"I need my Luuli, she's all I have left." Obi-Wan was about to go insane. Qui-Gon quietly unwound Obi-Wan's braid from around the apprentice's finger. Obi-Wan tended to twist the braid around his finger to the point of cutting off his circulation when he was nervous.

"Are you ready Padawan." Obi-Wan nodded and turned towards the Wood Chamber entrance. Qui-Gon was right behind him. Suddenly he felt someone at his arm. Obi-Wan turned. It was Jone.

"Be careful." She said softly.

"I will, and I will find Nareen and bring her back to you, I promise." Marx and Aleezia said there good-byes and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan disappeared into the entrance.

The tunnels intertwined at several different points, but the correct path was mapped out, the map showed many different tunnel entrances but not what was beyond them. Obi-Wan could imagine getting very lost in these tunnels. Soon they reached entrance four. Obi-Wan took a deep breath. For a moment neither said anything, then Qui-Gon put a hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder.

"Be mindful of your feelings, you will find them." Obi-Wan nodded. "Obi-Wan, you are still young, still you always put others far before yourself. I'm proud of you Obi-Wan, I always will be." Obi-Wan smiled then turned down the tunnel and leaned over and scratched something in the wall with his knife, then he turned started down the dark passageway.

Qui-Gon was torn. He wanted so much to follow after Obi-Wan. He knew he was doing the right thing, but the more he thought about it, the more he second guessed his decision. He watched the boy go, Obi-Wan's determination was plain. Qui-Gon moved slowly to the beginning of the tunnel Obi-Wan had started down. Pointing his glow rod at the wall her read the words Obi-Wan had scratched into the wood.

I'll be back. I promise.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes.

~~~See you soon Obi-Wan~~~

Thanks all! :)

4. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Great post!!

5. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Good post. Like what Obi wrote on the wall. Hurry up with the next one, please.

~Swede :p

6. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Wow! great post!!!

7. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    That was an excellent post! :D Obi writing on the wall was a nice touch! :)

More soon please! ;)

KG :cool:

8. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Sorry it's been so long! If anyone's still reading:

Obi-Wan moved down the tunnel at a smooth and certain pace. He closed his eyes, concentrating on the young despairing hearts he had been trying so hard to ignore. He felt their presence close but far. He continued down the dark passage way, his only light was the glow rod that he had taken along. Occasionally he would scratch a small mark into the wall.

He tried to concentrate but as he got closer to his destination he felt strong waves of the dark side pressuring against him. He felt the anger, fear, despair...and somewhere far back shoved down by the other emotions, someone was hoping. Obi-Wan held to that small feeling, out of all the many frightened children someone was waiting hopefully.

Obi-Wan could tell he was getting closer. He felt the emotions growing stronger and could even pick out specific beings. He turned and started looking for an opening to the upper tunnels of the Chambers. He had been surprised that he hadn't seen any guards. It made him edgy. He soon found the entrance to the upper tunnels. He grabbed the rim of the opening and skillfully swung himself up into the tunnel. He was engulfed in darkness.

Obi-Wan flicked on his glow rod and started forward, he looked ahead and was shocked when after a few moments, a light shone ahead. He pushed to light and found a small opening, he peered through it and saw two men in the center of an opening by a table. Other men stood around but it was the two in the center doing all the talking.

"Xalr, we can't train an army here!" One said. "This is ridiculous that you even think we can." Obi-Wan leaned forward.

"I really don't care what you think Zyo, we can't get them off this planet."

"They aren't alone anymore." Zyo replied. "They brought two knights in, Jedi Knights. They are supposed to be abnormally smart."

"Zyo," Xalr interrupted coldly. "I killed the head of security, twenty some defenseful civilians, ten or more security police, fifteen young boys and others. I am not afraid of two know-it-all Jedi knights!" Obi-Wan shuttered and stared at the opposite wall. "Now, it's time to start plunging anger or fear into these children." Xalr continued. "We must start training them immediately. Bring that stubborn girl here, she will be hard to break, and I need a challenge." Obi-Wan didn't waste a moment, he quickly started forward through the tunnel. He didn't have much time.

One guard. Obi-Wan counted only one. The man was standing right underneath the opening. It was perfect, all he had to do was jump down onto the guard. The difficulty would be not frightening the two hundred some children into hysterical screaming. He studied the guard. One girl of about six was sitting next to the man, her and the little boy next to her were staring up at the guard. Obi-Wan knew the moment he knocked the guard senseless, the little girl would scream. Obi-Wan shook his head. His first major difficulty and it was trying not to go over the brink of a little girl's emotional tolerance, but he didn't have another choice. Carefully moving to a crouching position at the very edge of the opening he prepared to leap down. He counted to three in his head and jumped down striking the guard in the head with his feet. It was enough to take the guard out, but as he had suspected the girl let out an earsplitting scream. It was cut short as Obi-Wan's hand covered her mouth. She finished her screaming fit in short order, and by the time he released her, she had reduced her reaction to a light sobbing. Obi-Wan stroked her hair. "I'm sorry, but we need to be quiet okay?" She nodded dully. Obi-Wan turned.
    "Children, my name is Obi-Wan and I am going to try and get you out of here, but I'm going to need the help of the oldest here, which of you are the oldest?" Obi-Wan tried hard to compose himself. The 'oldest' turned out to be three seven year olds and one eight year old boy. Obi-Wan bit his lip. "Okay, well, we're going to all get out through the opening y

9. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    I'm still reading. Good post. How's Obi going to lead that large a group of kids through the tunnels without the bad guys hearing or seeing him? Of course, it wouldn't be fun if it was that easy. Ha, I just thought of a mission. Where NOTHING goes wrong.

Obi and Qui get back and report to the Council.

Yoda: Mission went well?

Qui: Yes, Master. Surprisenly well. Obi-Wan didn't get captured, beaten, whipped, flamed, freeze, biten, posioned, drugged, fall in love with a girl only to have her die, think I don't care for him or almost die.

Obi: Yeah, it was really nice.

Yoda: Hmm, unusual this is. Very strange.

Qui: I thought so too.

Obi: Well I liked it. It was nice not having to visit the Healers.

Qui: Maybe you should go anyway. Just for old times sake.

Obi: How about... no. Nada. Nope. Never. Boy all those start with 'N'. Weird.

Sorry about that, these things just hit me. :D Anyway, good story. Hope you get more up soon.

~Swede :p

10. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    I'm still here too. I suppose its too easy to hope that they'll all just make good on their escape? :) Well one can hope, but i havent seen enough Obi angst yet either so.........hurry with more :D

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I'm here too. Swede's right, it wouldn't be right if this mission went as planned.

12. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    SiriGallia

Very good you have me hooked :D

13. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    WoW! Thanx for reading!!!
    Qui-Gon couldn't find any indication that the plan should go wrong. He had started a little way down the tunnel and had been unable to get up in the small upper chambers and wondered how Obi-Wan had managed. Still two hundred small children should easily move through. He wondered how Obi-Wan was doing. The Jedi Master began to pace; if Obi-Wan didn't come in another hour he would go in after him.

"Shaun," Obi-Wan hoisted two twin boys over to the seven year old. "Can you take these two?"

"Yes sir." The boy nodded.

"Thank you." Obi-Wan had freed a total of one hundred and fifty-four. He was relieved that the total count had only been one hundred fifty. He didn't think he could handle another forty. He cut the chains on three little children and told them to go with Jaci, one of the seven year old girls. Obi-Wan realized that he didn't have much time, they were still interrogating the one girl, he had a feeling she was putting up quite a fight; one that had bought him the fifteen minutes he had had to free them. Obi-Wan cut the chains on one boy by the door.

"Mi'thter Obi-Wan." He lisped his eyes full of tears. "Can you 'thave my friend Nareen?" Obi-Wan jumped at the name.

"Yes, of course, where is Nareen?"

"They took her away!" The boy cried. "They took her and left me all alone. 'The'th my friend." Obi-Wan felt his heart jump. Nareen was the stubborn girl who was buying him all this time, of course she didn't know she was doing it, but that hardly mattered.. Obi-Wan hugged the small boy.

"Of course, I'll save her." Obi-Wan watched the boy go to join the others.

"Keertis!" Obi-Wan called to the oldest boy of eight. "Can you take these out? Go in the upper chambers until you get to the opening, then follow the marks on the wall until you get to my friend, his name is Qui-Gon Jinn." Obi-Wan tossed the boy a glow rod. Keertis nodded and started filtering in the one hundred forty others through the opening. Obi-Wan went to the opposite side of the room. There were still nine children left and Nareen. Keertis was taking his job very seriously and soon had them all through the opening. Obi-Wan got one girl out, she ran after the others and Keertis hoisted her through. Then it happened.

Obi-Wan had just freed a five-year-old boy when the guard Obi-Wan had knocked out woke up and hit an alarm. Obi-Wan turned and got a force grip on a chunk of wood he flung it at the guard. It was enough to stun him but nothing else and other guards were coming. Keertis was standing by the opening looking uncertain.

"Keertis, go!" The boy quickly obeyed. Obi-Wan cut the chains on two children then turned. The guard he had stunned was up on his feet, Obi-Wan got his lightsaber up and deflected the blaster bolts that came. Three guards burst in through the door and started firing randomly Obi-Wan jumped in front of the three children in the path of the fire. He ducked down and cut the chain that bound them together and to the wall. They still had shackles on their wrists, but Obi-Wan just wanted them mobile. He leapt in front of the eight children. Obi-Wan's careful defense soon had all four guards stunned on the ground. Obi-Wan lifted a small two year old girl in his arms and ran to the opening. One boy of about six picked up a small girl and climbed up into the opening. The other children climbed up and Obi-Wan lastly picked up a girl clinging to his robe and hoisted her into the opening. "Get to the others!" He called. Then turned to see ten guards surrounding him. Obi-Wan lifted his lightsaber but he knew it was useless to resist

"Put it down Jedi, and come with us."

Um...yeah, not that easy ;)

14. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I'm still here! Great posts! Of course, Obi is going to be captured. What kind of story would it be without that?! ;)

More soon please! :D

KG :cool:

15. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    SiriGallia good post but .....................

:eek: cliff hanger...
    darn it!!!

I don't think Obi Wan is gonna give in eaisly! GO OBI WAN!!!!!! [face_love]

I await the next post!!!

16. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Cliffie!!!

17. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Chapter 6

Qui-Gon felt the change in his apprentice's emotions. He had been putting all his concentration in Obi-Wan's feelings. He had caught determination, surprise, and shock. He was now radiating a feeling of... he didn't know, but there was something wrong. Qui-Gon felt his heart race. He wanted so much to go find his Padawan and help him, and this silent waiting was unbearable. Suddenly he heard the unmistakable sound of running footsteps, and around the corner came over one hundred children. In their lead was a boy of about eight or nine, he was caring two little children and the rest followed close behind. Qui-Gon did not see Obi-Wan. The boy in the front was trying to calm a very hysterical girl.

"We have to go back!" She screamed.

"We can't," The older boy shook his head. Then he spotted Qui-Gon. "Are you Mister Jinn? I am Keertis." He asked.

"Yes I am, is this all of you?"

"No!" The girl broke in. "We left my brother and a few others behind!"

"I'm sure they're fine," Keertis assured her trying to juggle the two toddlers in his arms. Qui-Gon lifted the hysterical girl up off the ground trying to sooth her. He turned his attention back to Keertis.

"Where is the older boy who freed you?" Qui-Gon asked anxiously.

"He stayed with the last of the children." Keertis explained. "I-I'm sorry, I should have stayed with him."

"No," Qui-Gon struggled to stay calm. "You had to get these children away." Suddenly the girl in his arms started trying to pull away.

"Queeri!" She called pulling herself to the ground. She ran over to the boy and hugged him. Qui-Gon realized that a group of seven children had just showed up, with a seven year old leader. They all looked very terrified. Qui-Gon moved to the girl in the back.

"Excuse me, young lady, but where is the older boy who came after you?" Her eyes were frightened.

"They took him away." She shook her blonde head. "I don't know where." Qui-Gon felt his heart go numb. He had to get these orphans out of here, but to do that, he would have to leave Obi-Wan behind.

The guards took a great amount of pleasure in pushing and slapping Obi-Wan around all the way down the corridor to the room where their leader, Xalr was. The first thing Obi-Wan felt was that someone was hurting, the moment they entered the wooden chamber, he saw who it was. Xalr was holding a small girl with blonde hair up by the front of her her nightgown. She looked frightened but she had a defiant glare in her eyes. Nareen. Obi-Wan winced as Xalr threw her to the ground and turned on Obi-Wan.

"So, you are the ring leader of this little escape attempt?" He smiled. "Zyo blow the front entrance." Zyo moved to a computer terminal and flipped a small switch. "Your little children won't get out that way." Obi-Wan flinched as Xalr slapped his hands together in front of Obi-Wan's face, as if to convey that the front entrance had caved in. Obi-Wan's eyes met Xalr's. Xalr snapped his fingers and the two guards pulled Obi-Wan to his knees. "Now, Zyo," Xalr turned to his officer. "Does this make sense to you? A young man comes all alone into a place where he could easily get lost. Frees a bunch of little children, then tells them to go by themselves to find the exit and get away. Now he was assuming he would get away, but if he didn't get away then what? What if he couldn't handle two hundred children alone? That would seem fool hearty." Xalr leaned forward till his face was inches away from Obi-Wan's. "Wouldn't it?" Xalr turned back to his officer. "So Zyo, I am thinking he must have someone helping him, tha @
    "That would seem very fool hearty," Obi-Wan said softly. "It would mean the lives of many children that you need for your army."

"Right now this is about you, Kenobi." Obi-Wan decided he didn't want to know how Xalr had known his name. Suddenly one of the guards struck Obi-Wan with an electro jabber. Obi-Wan gritted his teeth. He had been hit with electro jabbers so many times, it only hurt him half as much as Xalr wanted. So he powered up his electro

18. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Uh-oh....not another cliffie!

Delurking to say GOOD JOB!

More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

19. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Another awesome post. Oh I hope Obi doesnt get too singed :) You wrote those action scenes very well.

Hurry with more :)

20. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    ahhhhhhhh another cliff!

very very very good
    msut have more soon please! :)

21. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Hey, great story!

I'm definately looking forward to reading more! :D

22. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    So he knew Obi Wan's name? Who is the traitor??

23. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    More soon please?????????? :)

24. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Great post! More!

25. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    THANX EVERYONE! :)

Chapter 7

The children were hard to keep track of. Qui-Gon carried two and had one of the smaller boys hanging onto his neck. All of the seven year olds had at least one and Keertis had two. They were all running, and though they had to keep stopping when a child would cry because he or she couldn't keep up, Qui-Gon knew they were getting close. Suddenly he heard an explosion, all the children did too and Keertis and Jaci were hard pressed to keep all the small children from crying. Qui-Gon told them all to stay back. He ran forward, afraid of what he would find ahead. He reached the exit of the chambers, or what had been the exit. Now it was collapsed an splintered wood was packed into the small opening, they were trapped. Qui-Gon moved back to the group of restless children. He took Keertis and Jaci aside and explained the problem. He knew that they were young, but these two were strong beyond their years.

"There is probably another exit," Qui-Gon said calmly,

"But Mister Jinn," Jaci said politely. "We can't possibly find our way to another exit, we'll get lost."

"We have no other choice, Jaci." Qui-Gon sighed. "We could probably find the exit if we keep going in this direction just down a different way." Keertis bit his lip.

"With so many little children we'll have them scattering everywhere."

"We'll have to think of something to keep them all together," Qui-Gon replied.

"And to keep them from crying at the drop of a pin." Jaci said ruefully.

"Easier said then done," Keertis said softly. "But I think I have an idea," Keertis moved off to speak with the little children. Qui-Gon didn't move, he couldn't think. This was all happening so fast and he felt it already spinning out of control. He noticed Jaci was still staring at him, her intense brown eyes were full of concern.

"Mister Jinn," She said hesitantly. "Me and Keertis could get the children out, if you wanted to go back for Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon smiled at her and shook his head, he suddenly knew he had to get these children out, he didn't like it, but they needed him.

"No, Jaci, I'm going to get you out of this." Jaci and Qui-Gon moved over to the group of restless children, Keertis was explaining a game they could play while they walked. Qui-Gon looked back down the dark tunnel. He could see the slight scrape in the wall where Obi-Wan had written, I'll be back, I promise. Qui-Gon closed his eyes for a moment. Then started after the eager group of children.

Obi-Wan kept close to Nareen as they moved along the upper chamber, there had been no pursuit and Obi-Wan was feeling very uncomfortable. The space was tight enough but he wanted to stay as close to Nareen as he could. They soon reached the opening, Obi-Wan pulled Nareen down from the high space. Obi-Wan was starting to feel very warm, and suddenly he realized why. They started to run down the passageway and Obi-Wan smelled it.

Smoke.

They were running very fast, heat was coming in from all sides. Where was the fire? Obi-Wan didn't know, but he wasn't sure he wanted to know. He was so sure they were close to the opening. He stopped short.

"How could I be so stupid!" Obi-Wan exclaimed. Nareen looked at him panting and collapsing to the ground in exhaustion.

"What?"

"They blew the opening, Qui-Gon must be trying to get them out a different way, but we don't know what way that is." Nareen bit her lip. "Come on, we'll have to figure it out ourselves." She got up warily and they started to run again. She was breathing heavily.

"Obi-Wan," She panted. "Obi-Wan! I can't go on!" Obi-Wan looked around. Where should he go? Where would Qui-Gon go? Where was Qui-Gon? Suddenly Obi-Wan turned. Nareen stopped, he knew. He knew what was so wrong about this.

Tight closed in space. A little girl. Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan! I can't go on! Heat. Where was Qui-Gon? The fire, the fire, the fire, the fire, falling down. The fire! Nareen, no! no! no!

His dream, it had to be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.