main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*~Widows and Orphans~*~ (JA, some Obi-Torture)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by SiriGallia, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Whoa! Cool! More soon!

2. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Alright Obi-Wan, I knew he could pull it together and het himself and Nareen out of there. :) I even feel bad for Qui-Gon, he wants to go after his padawan so badly, but he has to think of his duty as a Jedi first.

Good post, anxiously waiting for more :D

3. SiriGallia

SiriGallia Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2001
    Chapter 7

The children were hard to keep track of. Qui-Gon carried two and had one of the smaller boys hanging onto his neck. All of the seven year olds had at least one and Keertis had two. They were all running, and though they had to keep stopping when a child would cry because he or she couldn't keep up, Qui-Gon knew they were getting close. Suddenly he heard an explosion, all the children did too and Keertis and Jaci were hard pressed to keep all the small children from crying. Qui-Gon told them all to stay back. He ran forward, afraid of what he would find ahead. He reached the exit of the chambers, or what had been the exit. Now it was collapsed an splintered wood was packed into the small opening, they were trapped. Qui-Gon moved back to the group of restless children. He took Keertis and Jaci aside and explained the problem. He knew that they were young, but these two were strong beyond their years.

"There is probably another exit," Qui-Gon said calmly,

"But Mister Jinn," Jaci said politely. "We can't possibly find our way to another exit, we'll get lost."

"We have no other choice, Jaci." Qui-Gon sighed. "We could probably find the exit if we keep going in this direction just down a different way." Keertis bit his lip.

"With so many little children we'll have them scattering everywhere."

"We'll have to think of something to keep them all together," Qui-Gon replied.

"And to keep them from crying at the drop of a pin." Jaci said ruefully.

"Easier said then done," Keertis said softly. "But I think I have an idea," Keertis moved off to speak with the little children. Qui-Gon didn't move, he couldn't think. This was all happening so fast and he felt it already spinning out of control. He noticed Jaci was still staring at him, her intense brown eyes were full of concern.

"Mister Jinn," She said hesitantly. "Me and Keertis could get the children out, if you wanted to go back for Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon smiled at her and shook his head, he suddenly knew he had to get these children out, he didn't like it, but they needed him.

"No, Jaci, I'm going to get you out of this." Jaci and Qui-Gon moved over to the group of restless children, Keertis was explaining a game they could play while they walked. Qui-Gon looked back down the dark tunnel. He could see the slight scrape in the wall where Obi-Wan had written, I'll be back, I promise. Qui-Gon closed his eyes for a moment. Then started after the eager group of children.

Obi-Wan kept close to Nareen as they moved along the upper chamber, there had been no pursuit and Obi-Wan was feeling very uncomfortable. The space was tight enough but he wanted to stay as close to Nareen as he could. They soon reached the opening, Obi-Wan pulled Nareen down from the high space. Obi-Wan was starting to feel very warm, and suddenly he realized why. They started to run down the passageway and Obi-Wan smelled it. Smoke. They were running very fast, heat was coming in from all sides. Where was the fire? Obi-Wan didn't know, but he wasn't sure he wanted to know. He was so sure they were close to the opening. He stopped short.

"How could I be so stupid!" Obi-Wan exclaimed. Nareen looked at him panting and collapsing to the ground in exhaustion.

"What?"

"They blew the opening, Qui-Gon must be trying to get them out a different way, but we don't know what way that is." Nareen bit her lip. "Come on, we'll have to figure it out ourselves." She got up warily and they started to run again. She was breathing heavily.

"Obi-Wan," She panted. "Obi-Wan! I can't go on!" Obi-Wan looked around. Where should he go? Where would Qui-Gon go? Where was Qui-Gon? Suddenly Obi-Wan turned. Nareen stopped, he knew. He knew what was so wrong about this.

Tight closed in space. A little girl. Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan! I can't go on! Heat. Where was Qui-Gon? The fire, the fire, the fire, the fire, falling down. The fire! Nareen, no! no! no!

His dream, it had to be his dream. "Obi-Wan!" Nareen's face had gone pale. Obi-Wan turned and saw it, the fire was creeping slow

4. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Go back GO BACK OBI WAN ARE YOU NUTS

YOU'D BETTER BE RIGHT BOY!!!

OR ELSE YOUR GONNA GET YOUR BUTT INTO SOME SERIOUS TROUBBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

5. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    Uppity with this story!!!!!

:)
    Post more soon please!!!!!!!!! :)

6. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    Up up up with this postie soon please!

7. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanx SilverWander! :)

Chapter 8

The game was working well. Qui-Gon was very thankful for Keertis' quick thinking, the children were all staying together and following after Qui-Gon. Suddenly Qui-Gon felt his apprentice's anxiety jump.

~~~Obi-Wan?~~~

Qui-Gon felt Obi-Wan put a sudden block in their bond. This wasn't good. The group of children followed closely behind Qui-Gon, he felt he couldn't leave them, especially since he didn't know where they were going. He slowly realized they were wandering, and getting more and more lost as they went. Qui-Gon didn't know the direction, where the other exit was, or even if there was another exit. He slowly came to a halt. He didn't want to get more lost than they already were. They could go back, but he knew there was nothing else back there.

"Mister Qui-Gon," Jaci said carefully. "Do you know where we are?" Qui-Gon didn't know how to respond, if he no he would definitely frighten the children, but he knew perfectly well that he didn't know where they were, or where they were going. Suddenly he had an idea, he pulled out his comlink. He had soon contacted the person he wanted.

"Tahl here."

"Tahl, I need your help." She smiled.

"Yeah, well that's not news." Her expression changed to a serious one. "Okay what do you need?"

"I'm, kinda in a tight spot here." Qui-Gon said calmly.

"How tight is 'kinda tight'?" Tahl wanted to know.

"How does, trapped and lost in the wood chambers of Rish-Eck with over one hundred kids sound?" There was a pause.

"This is a really sick joke." Tahl said finally.

"Tahl really, you know me and Obi-Wan; this sounds just like a mess we would get into."

"Well, you've got me there." Tahl grinned. "So what do you need?"

"I need some very top secret codes."

"Oh goody." Tahl said sarcastically. "So who are we taking these from."

"A power snatching, possibly insane terrorist by the name of Xalr." There was another pause.

"Okay," Tahl replied. "That definitely sounds like a mess you and Obi-Wan would get into. So where is Obi-Wan?"

"Guess." Qui-Gon said fixedly.

"Ah," Tahl nodded. "Okay Qui-Gon I'm on this, about what vicinity do you want?" Qui-Gon gave her all the information. He had remembered that Xalr had obviously mapped out this area, if they could break into Xalr's computer system, they could find out everything, including where the openings were. After he had cut communication with Tahl he led the children to a large clearing.

"Children, we're going to wait her a little while until we get directions." The children all sat down and Jaci and Keertis amused them with stories. Qui-Gon stared down the long dark tunnels. He hoped Obi-Wan was alright.

8. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Another really good post. I liked Qui's comment to Tahl about knowing He and Obi-Wan, and doesnt it sound like a mess they would get into.

And of course where would our fave padawan be but right in the middle of it. :)

I also like the fact that Qui got lost, it shows that Jedi are not omnicient. They may have special skills but they are human too, well some of them are anyways. :)

Your fic is going really well, and i'm waitin for s'more :D

9. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    <waves shyly>

<ups this thread happily>

10. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    and the plot thinkens :)
    good post

11. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    Upity Post soon please!!

:D

12. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Thanx for the patient waiting :) Here ya go:

The two crept along through the upper chambers. Obi-Wan kept in front of Nareen and Nareen stayed close behind.

"Obi-Wan," She said quietly.

"Yes?"

"I-is my mother okay?" Obi-Wan turned around, the room was filling with an engulfing heat, but the fire hadn't spread to the high ceilings of the chambers it was still creeping along the floor, and trying to climb the walls. Obi-Wan smiled at her.

"She's fine, Nareen, she misses you though."

"Do you think I'll ever see her again?" Nareen asked hesitantly.

"I'll make sure you see her again." Obi-Wan said with conviction. She smiled and they started to move across the tunnel again. He knew they were getting close, but how close he still didn't know.

Xalr looked back through the burning tunnel. His whole plans had been ruined! He had planned this attack, this kidnapping, he had know he would do it for years. It had been his ambition. Now it was destroyed. Of course he would try to get the children back and he had just sent a group to get them back. He knew perfectly well that there was another opening, and though they could get lost trying to find it, he didn't want them getting lucky either. He turned to the last of his men. "You go help the others get those children back, we'll meet at the second rendezvous point," He turned back down the tunnel. "Someone is going to pay for this."

13. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    Hmm someone is going to pay for this huh..

Let me guess this is where Obi Wan is gonna get caught...

14. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    I missed a post? How did that happen? Nice post, a little short, but hey it's better then nothing.

~Swede :p

15. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    Upity !!!

Post soon please!!!

16. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Chapter 9

Qui-Gon looked up, something was wrong. All around him the children were sleeping soundly, one was cradled in his lap. He gently moved the small boy to the floor next to him. He stood and slowly moved down the dark hall. He paused near the place where the hall opened into another wide chamber. He listened to the sounds... danger. He sensed the danger vividly. Qui-Gon heard a faint beeping noise back the way he had come. He ran back to the children and found that he had left his comlink on the ground, he lifted it and activated it.

"Jinn." He whispered.

"Hey Qui-Gon, it's Tahl."

"Tahl, what do you have?" Qui-Gon felt relieved but he still wasn't sure what was down the hall.

"Well, I broke the codes, I guess your General Xalr though that you wouldn't try breaking them. Anyway, he's got a pretty interesting background. He was a leading general in the Riffen-2 battle, he is, as you said, insane. He escaped the asylum, they say that the source of his insanity had something to do with the toxic poisons from the smaller Riffens, those poisons are no longer poisonous, but highly flammable." Tahl pulled up another data sheet. "So he escaped and everyone presumed him dead, I guess he wasn't." Qui-Gon nodded.

"Can you give me the map outs, I need to get these children out of here."

"Yeah, well I'm trying to get them up as soon as possible but it's going a little slow."

"Give me the parts as you get them."

"Alright." Tahl cut the communication and Qui-Gon quickly woke up the many children. He felt the danger coming closer, suddenly they came. Around twenty armed guards came around the corner into the chamber. Qui-Gon ignited his lightsaber without a second thought. The blaster fire deflected from the green blade. Keertis, Jaci, Shaun and the others took the initiative and quickly herded the children down the corridor. Qui-Gon swung his blade to block the fire that zinged over his head, he had to protect the children at all costs. Suddenly his comlink beeped.

"Keertis!" Qui-Gon called the boy came up slowly. Qui-Gon deflected a blast bringing down one of the guards. "Take my comlink, the woman on the other end is going to give us directions to get out, you take the children and go I'll be right behind you." The boy nodded, he quickly tried to explain the situation to Tahl, she caught enough to know that this boy needed the directions.

"Alright, there is an entrance to your left." Keertis rattled off the directions to the older few and they took the children down the tunnels. The children were frightened and confused and Qui-Gon would occasionally have to jump to the defense of one that tried to bolt towards the danger. Jaci and Shaun did most of the rounding up of children and Keertis tried to understand the directions he was being given. Qui-Gon slowly moved backwards behind the children. He had so far only managed to fell three guards, and he knew there would most likely be reinforcements. Suddenly Qui-Gon realized that the next direction they had to take was a sharp turn. The children seemingly disappeared into the dark. Qui-Gon shut down his lightsaber and turned the sharp corner. blaster fire hit the place where he had been. Confused and furious cries came from the guards. Qui-Gon heard Tahl rifling through files. He took the comlink from Keertis.

"Where next Tahl?" He asked anxiously.

"Umm." she considered that. "Oh wait hang on a minute it's taken a while to load." Qui-Gon glanced around the corner. Another two minutes and the guards would know where they were. Jaci and Shaun were telling the children to be very quiet.

"Tahl, we need the next step." Qui-Gon whispered calmly.

"It's coming up..." Suddenly a dark figured jumped around the corner Qui-Gon brought his lightsaber up and deflected fire aimed at his face. "Okay straight ahead, then left!" Tahl exclaimed. Qui-Gon cut down the guard and started after the children.

They continued to make their slow way down the hall. Tahl had the directions fast enough that there were no further close calls even though another ten

17. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Go Qui, way to talk down the captain. :D Good post.

18. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    You Go Qui! :)

19. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    UP,

DOWN,

and

SIDEWAYS!

20. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    TSJ left and right 2!

Siri GOOD POST!!

Keep em cooming!!

21. SiriGallia

Jan 28, 2001
    Chapter 10

Obi-Wan looked down at the burning chamber. He saw the door that they could get out of. The room was surrounded in fire, and it was slowly moving up the walls and towards the center of the room. The smoke was mostly drifting to the high chamber ceiling but it was slowly drifting down. No one was in sight.

"Come on Nareen." Obi-Wan took the girl into his arms and jumped to the ground. He set her down on the ground and she slowly followed after him. Suddenly a beam fell in between them. Nareen screamed and back away. The fire spread along the floor faster with the beam in the center of the floor. Obi-Wan ran forward to pull Nareen away, he felt someone grab his wrist and yank him backwards.

"Well well well." Xalr smiled. "Obi-Wan Kenobi."

"Xalr, you're a fool!" Obi-Wan snapped. "This thing is going to burn to the ground with you in it!" Xalr pulled Obi-Wan to his feet by the neck.

"You meddling brat! Do you think one spends years trying to escape an insane asylum, and plans for years of how to take over a system? Those children were mine!"

"They weren't yours." Obi-Wan gasped as the man's grip tightened around his throat. "They are just helpless orphans, they don't belong to you, their not your property!"

"Maybe you're right." Xalr spat. "But you're mine now, aren't you Obi-Wan Kenobi? And you'll pay for ruining my life!" He smiled as Obi-Wan glanced over at Nareen who was coughing over the smoke that was engulfing her small body. "But first, you'll watch her die." He laughed cruelly as he yanked Obi-Wan to face the fire burning around Nareen. The smoke was too much for her. She made one final cough and fell to the ground, the fire inching closer.

"Nareen no!" Obi-Wan screamed trying to twist away from Xalr.

Qui-Gon dodged a falling piece of wood and continued to push through the burning flames. He couldn't fit into the small upper chambers, but it didn't matter. He would get to the chamber, he had a feeling Obi-Wan was back there somewhere. Suddenly Qui-Gon heard Obi-Wan.

"No!" Qui-Gon knew that that was Obi-Wan's voice, it wasn't through there bond, it was him. Qui-Gon pushed faster. He sensed Nareen as well, and someone evil. They were both in trouble. As he ran it felt like all those times when he had had to wake Obi-Wan from his one nightmare, but this time it wasn't a dream.

22. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    yikes. <chews nails more furiously>

23. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    ::Groans::

Cliffie...

More soon please! :)

= Clare =

24. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    Come on, Qui, come to the rescue again. Where are firefighters when you need them? :D Can't Obi use the Force or something?

25. SilverWander

Jun 18, 2001
    Yeah Obi use the force and lift her away from the fire..
    then kick the bad guys but...

Ohhhhhh cliffie!!!!!!!!!!!!

up up more soon pleaseeeeeeeee!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.