main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Wierd e-mails... and more..

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Stinky_jawa, Jun 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Double post! Sorry.

2. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    <rant>Personally I hate 'leetspeak' and refuse to use the bloody newbie, wannabe langage. I figure the net users who really are elite are the ones who've been using the net since before that stupid way of typing existed.
    'Oh look how cool I am - I'm barely literate but I can replace characters on my keyboard for similar looking ones'.</rant>
    Maybe I'm just an old fart. 'When 900 years old you are, be as cool you will not!' :p

3. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Apparently this was in an MTV award show but I don't know when. Pretty funny clip featuring Jack Black & the girl from Buffy (can't remember her name since I'm no buffy fan).
    I've seen a hi-res version but this is the only one I could find to link to. Only 2Mb or so but enough for you to get the idea. Enjoy. :)
    LOTRtruestory.wmv

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    If that's the redone Council of Elrond, it's an easter egg on the first disc of Fellowship of the Ring extended edition...

5. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    When I was in Albany I saw part of some show on the ABC (A Comedy of some sort) they had a skit for the end of return of the king - now with 27 endings.

Reminded me of the first time I saw ROTK, everytime you thought the movie was over they would show something else.

6. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    That's the one SM. If it was an easter egg then I guess that's why I never saw it. I never checked on those disc for easter eggs. I presume there's some others as well?

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
  8. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I actually have some e-mails to share with you for once, instead of going hunting for some funny news or something to go in here. One of them I am pretty sure we've all read it before (it may even have been posted in this thread before, who knows) but anyway, here they are:

A mother passing by her daughter's bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely made and the room was very tidy. Then she saw an envelope propped up prominently on the centre of the bed. It was addressed 'Mum'.

With a feeling of dread, she opened the envelope and with trembling hands read the letter

Dear Mum,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I am writing this letter to you. I have eloped with my new boyfriend Bill because I wanted to avoid a scene with you and Dad. I have found real passion with Bill and he is so nice - even with all his body piercing, tattoos, beard and his motor cycle clothes. But its not only the passion Mum I'm pregnant and Bill said that he will look after me and we will be very happy. He already owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter.

He wants to have many more children with me and that's now one of my dreams too. Bill taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and we will be growing it for us and trading it with his friends for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Bill can get better - he certainly deserves it.

Don't worry Mum I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. Some day I am sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your grandchildren.

Your loving daughter

Judith

PS. Mum, none of the above is true; I'm over the road at the neighbour's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my school report which I have left for you in my desk, centre drawer. I love you.

Call me when it is safe for me to come home.

The other e-mail even comes with a photo. Here it is:

Yesterday a mate was having some work done at the Ford dealer. A woman [Could be any woman on the planet] came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten. They all looked at each other, and the mechanic asked, "What is a seven-hundred-ten?" She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine. I lost it and need a new one. It had always been there." The mechanic gave the woman a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like. She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710. He then took her over to another car which had the bonnet up and asked, "Is there a 710 on this car ?" She pointed and said, "Of course, its right there."

Now look at the photo to learn what a 710 is.

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Just some links to a couple of sites that were discussed at Saturday's meet as promised.
    Firstly, one of my favourite site's for those who don't know about it - www.homestarrunner.com
    Check the First time here link for starters.
    The best part of the site is the Strongbad emails. I'd suggest starting at the bottom with the oldest ones to get to know the characters, though the later ones tend to be funnier. From there there's all sorts of other funny stuff but they're good starting points.

Another site I like is 8-bit Theatre
    It's screenshots from the very first Final Fantasy game turned in to comic strips. Go to the archives link to start from the beginning.

10. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    More e-mails of the amusing kind to share with you. But before I do, please note that some of the images are for an adult audience. You have been warned...

- - - - - - - -

What women want, and what's looking for them. (photo, worksafe)

- - - - - - - -

Jim and Edna were both patients in a mental hospital. One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, Jim suddenly jumped into the deep end. He sank to the bottom of the pool and stayed there. Edna promptly jumped in to save him. She swam to the bottom and pulled Jim out.

When the Director of Nursing became aware of Edna's heroic act, she immediately ordered her to be discharged from the hospital, as she now considered her to be mentally stable. When she went to tell Edna the news, she said, "Edna, I have good news and bad news."

"The good news is you're being discharged; since you were able to rationally respond to a crisis by jumping in and saving the life of another patient, I have concluded that your act displays sound-mindedness.

The bad news is that Jim, the patient you saved, hung himself in his bathroom with the belt to his robe right after you saved him. I am so sorry, but he's dead."

Edna replied "He didn't hang himself, I put him there to dry. How soon can I go home?"

- - - - - - - -

Why women think men are immature:

Example 1, Example 2, Example 3, Example 4

- - - - - - - -

When costumes go wrong: (These photos are not for the sqeamish. You have been warned)

Wonderwoman, Elvis, Spiderman, Man and his sheep, Retired Hooters.

- - - - - - - -

Proof that stationery is bad. These are movie files and a damn good laugh (keep an eye on the people in the background as well).

Rubber Band, Paper Cut, Bad Pen

11. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    OPS- Well, it made me smile anyway.

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    One of the Letterman lists

The Top 9 Things to Do While Waiting in Line
    for "Revenge of the Sith"

9> Try to use the Force to influence weak-minded girls wearing
    skirts to walk nearer to your sleeping bag.

8> Complete the soldering on the Darth Vader helmet and armor
    you made out of parts from your brother's car.

7> Make fun of the "Lord of the Rings" guys, because their
    franchise is over!

6> Pick nits out of the Chewbacca in front of you.

5> Try really hard this time to convince yourself you really
    ARE cooler than all those freak loser Trekkies.

4> Practice your Jedi Mind Trick: "These are not the geeks you've
    heard of."

3> Loudly ask "Who is cooler: Obi Wan or Vader?" Move to the
    front of the line through the resulting riot.

2> Double check the newspaper and make sure the movie will
    actually be showing at the theater you're camping outside of.

and the Number 1 Thing to Do While
    Waiting in Line for "Revenge of the Sith"...

1> Try to pay the pizza delivery boy with Imperial Scrip.

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
  14. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
  15. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    ahhh! my eyes! it burns! :p

16. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    See? So all you need to do is to get your client to do a little song and dance routine and they'll get off scot free... :D

--
    "Can renegade surgeons transplant your brain while you sleep? The frightening truth, next on Sick, Sad World."

17. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Just got sent this today:

PLEASE HELP FIGHT TERRORISM!!

We all know that it is a sin for an Islamic male to see any woman other than his wife naked, and that he must commit suicide if he does.

So next Sunday at 4:00 PM Eastern time, all Australian women are asked to walk out of their house completely naked to help weed out any neighborhood terrorists. Circling your block for one hour is recommended for this anti-terrorist effort.

All men are to position themselves in lawn chairs in front of their house to prove they are not terrorists, and to demonstrate that they think it's okay to see nude women other than their wife and to show support for all Australian women.

And since the Koran also does not approve of alcohol, a cold six-pack at your side is further proof of your anti-terrorist sentiment.

The Australian Government appreciates your efforts to root out terrorists and applauds your participation in this anti terrorist activity.

God bless Australia!

18. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
  19. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    This has been bugging me for weeks, so I figured I'd post it here and see if any of you can solve it.

Count the number of little men, wait and watch. Are there 12 or 13?
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/_GloomCookie_/Misc/littlemen.gif]

Where the hell does the extra little man come from? :confused: There are only 12 faces? Aaargh! It's driving me crazy! 8-}

20. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    It's a Jedi Mind trick

21. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Save your sanity and pretend that picture does not exist.

22. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    So you guys can't work it out either? :oops:

23. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    I think it would be easier to try and make sense of a Meg Ryan movie.

24. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    The guy on the bottom left only has the very top of his head half the time. (I know how he feels). And the guy in the top row, one to the left, feet when he moves to the left, dont connect with other bits.

Those to bits, plus its not moving 50% straight down the middle. its more a 60/40 cut.. so you see, the answer to the problem is..

Oh look I've gone cross-eyed.

(I think those bits have something to do with it)

25. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    They're Dogs!!! and they're PLAYING POKER!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA EHEHEHE AHHAHAHA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.