main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wierd eyes: which are cooler?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Steerpike33, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steerpike33

Steerpike33 Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2002
    I have a question of opinion for all you guys.

Which contact lenses would look better on a Sith?

-Black Sclera lenses (covering the entire eye)

-Normal sized "Mirror" contact lenses

They both cost the same, so that's not an issue. Which do you think would be cooler?

2. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    You can afford those?
    Geez, I've never even allowed myself to thinkabout considering them.
    Is there some sort of a catalogue we can choose from?

3. ChancellorGoauld

ChancellorGoauld Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Digitally added ones :p

4. Fremen

Fremen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2001
    BLUE EYES!........wait, nm.

Anyway, back to your question, I would have to say the entire eye. But it also depends on who they are for, is it an alien or a charater? If its an alien I would say just regular, but if its for a character then the WHOLE eye, (by character I mean either humn, or human looking, like Darth maul.)

But the personality doesn't really matter to me, sure the WHOLE black eye would fit in with a Dark, Evil character. But would also fit it in, if not be more interesting with a character that is light and good. Or is light and good but can show signs of Evilness.

Or if the character is light and is BECOMING evil over a long period of time, then you can start out with normal coloured eyes then go into the regular black contacts, then the whole contact. Or if he is doing it over a VERY short period of time, (like in one scene) then you could should do it digitally for that bit and have it spread from the middle to the outside, and get a close up of the eye, as little "roots" grow out from the middle, and start to fill in then cover the entire eye. And then go with contacts for the rest of the movie, if you don't want to add them in post. THOUGH, the good thing about post is that you have to ask you actor to open his eyes wide so you can get all the colour in and looks cooler. But you can't do that with contacts, or they fall out. Also digitally is safer, because the contacts can break and cut him up and go into the back of the eye. But with contacts, he also may have droopy eyes, so it just makes his eyes, look dark. So he need to open them wide, or you can widen them up in post somehow. Like in Dune they did it digitally, and most of the actors eyes were wide open, or so it seemed. (TV movie, not the movie)

Hope this helps :D

Kyle

5. Npoz1

Npoz1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    the black would look cool, but i heard that they kind of hurt and you can only leave then in for a short amount of time, so i'd go with the mirrored, that would look awesome!

6. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, It totally depends on what your actor is willing to shove in his eye... the full eye one would look cool, but they do hurt and are kinda hard to get in/out. The mirror ones would still look cool, but not as cool, and they're alot easier to use...

7. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I have NEVER seen Kyle post like that. LOL

Read what he said, because he hit it right on the head.

Very nice!

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.