main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Wii, PSP or XBox 360...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Knight88, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    OK...

I'm having a little crisis here- I NEED A CONSOLE, my dear old GeForce 2 just isn't, uh, cutting it any more. *cough*

I want a PSP. However, Wiis look pretty darn cool, and they're cheaper than the PS3 (which I have gathered will be at $999 when released on March 23rd.)

BUT...the Force Unleashed has been confirmed for every other platform BUT the Wii (even the DS!) and I really really really really want that game.

WHAT DO I DO?!!!!

2. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    If you buy a Wii there may not be as many Star Wars games compatable. Go X-box or the 360- but then again I'm biased because I have an x-box:p But X-box get the coolest games!

3. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    XBox 360 definitely has the better graphics- so probably a 360 or a PS3 would really do Force Unleashed justice...but there's that cool motion thing with the Wii...and PSP has Lethal Alliance and Lego Star Wars II. But at least with the 360 you can assured that some cool games will definitely come out on it.

4. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I'd go the Wii, but that's more because it's about half the price of the other ones and just seems cooler. :p

5. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I am so confused by how popular Star Wars Lego is...I just don't get it:p

6. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    You can mix and match Darth Vader's helmet with Leia's bikini! ;)

And I think...I think I shall get this XBox 360. After I convince myself that it's a better investment than a semester of Arts HECS.

7. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    That doesn't matter... HECS you can pay later when you start working...so you can buy an x box 360 now:p

8. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Oh Daph! I'm totally the person to ask this question...

As people have said, get a 360. You'll get the most bang for your buck... You'll also future proof yourself for terribly AWESOME games that are coming in the future... Also, deffo get on Xbox Live and get into the community! Much fun to be had...

The Wii is the other obvious choice, but alas, it is a dead weight at the moment, with NOTHING good on it except for Zelda, and the future is bleak for now (Mario being delayed, no release date set for the array of interesting titles)

Whee!

9. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    Thanks Keef! As the owner of both a Wii and XBox360, I was hoping you'd be able to weigh in on this little discussion!

Your pro-360ness has further convinced me that this is the console to get. Um...with XBox Live, will I have to trail an ethernet cable over two floors from my router, or will I have to get the XBox 360 Wireless Network Adapter?

10. jedi_kein

jedi_kein Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2007
    Yeah...ohhhhh well:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/070125/2/126td.html

[face_not_talking]:rolleyes:o_O

11. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    Wow. As if the $999 price tag for the PS3 wasn't tough enough!

12. DARTHDREDD71

DARTHDREDD71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2005
    When Force Unleashed comes out on the 360 it's going to be a beautiful day.There will definately be online play as well which will make it sweeter.The xbox 360 is the console to get.And you must get Xbox live as well.Let us know how you go.My gamertag is:count dooku 71

13. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    As I can see the XBOX 360 getting its nightly work out as I type this, all I can say is '360 pretty!'

Lego SW FTW. Fo shizz!

14. sith-lord-dore

sith-lord-dore Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2005
    I've always prefered xbox over play station.
    But that because all my friends have got playstations and i said screw it i want to be different. looking at this i'm not anymore

15. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    I'm getting my XBox 360 on Thursday!!! Squee!!!!!

I'M GOING TO HAVE A MODERN CONSOLE!!!

16. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    And here's me thinking you were going to wait and get one of the stylish pink PS2

[image=http://rdaali.mon-blog.org/images/rdaali.mon-blog.org/PSTwo%20Pink1.jpg]

17. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    Aaaaargh, my eyes!!!

It's a pink monstrosity.

18. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    The PS3 has shot itself in the foot. Late release and huge price. Sony has missed the mark and is struggling to keep up with the 360 and not anticipating the rise of the Wii in the market. I saw the Wii early last year in action and games developers then were raving about it then. I am not excited about console releases. I am more excited about the new controllers and peripherals being developed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.