main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Wild Knights: Grasping an Ancient Fire (Obi-Wan, Siri, Garen) - Digital Specters/Completed 5/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wet wookiee smell...is that worse than wet dog smell? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist asking...

Shaindl

PS: Leather? Indiana Jones? Leather? lightsabre and blaster? Wow, talk about getting my attention...

Did you say leather? :p

2. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Shaindl?Did you say leather? [color=6A287E]??[/color] Did I? [face_mischief]

3. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Seven

Stinging ice crystals slammed into the two Jedi as they pulled their cloaks tight to protect against the biting wind. Their pace was quick as they moved over the dusted path leading to the Bin?hai Market, a trading center that brought beings from all over the galaxy in search of new, used and rare goods.

Siri pulled her hood down over her face with gloved fingers but allowed just enough of an opening to see into the white valley they were entering. At the base of the deep bowl shape cut into the snow pack rose a strange buzzing in the Force and it grew more powerful with every footstep down the sloping path.

Ice formed walls created the oblong shape of the Bin'hai Market. Its ceiling a powerful generator that formed an energy dome that could be expanded and retracted at will to serve the ever changing needs of the marketplace.

Peering into the bright, white sky, Siri glanced over the shimmering dome that possessed a constant bluish discharge as it evaporated snowflakes that drifted too close to the shields.

With a slight twist in her step, she glanced over at her companion and stole a soft smile before burying her cold reddened face deeper into the billowing cowl. A small laugh bubbled up at the memory of the previous evening?s activities. The look on Obi-Wan?s face just as she flipped him out of the cot was priceless and it would go far to warm her on this cold world.

Of course, she was certain revenge would be soon in coming. She would just have to keep her lightsaber handy.

Inside the gateway of the Bin?hai Market, Siri was relieved to find protection from the driving wind and bitter cold that had pounded them all along their walk to the nearby marketplace. Even though the air inside was still quite chilly, it was far more tolerable than the outside.

Brushing the snow free from the rich brown of her cloak, she tugged at the material, so that it would drape over her form as it was designed and not pulled around her like a blanket. Choosing to keep her hands gloved in the chill air, she rubbed them together for a bit of warmth as her gaze swept across the bowl of the marketplace from their high vantage point.

In the booths and crooked aisles that made up the large chamber, a myriad of alien species wandered about selling and shopping while quite a few members of the Y?Begaar quietly patrolled the footpaths.

Sensing no immediate threat other than what was natural for a place like that, Siri abruptly announced, ?Let?s split up. We can cover more area quicker.?

Obi-Wan, who had also brushed the snow free, turned to study her. After a moment, he silently nodded in agreement.

Laughing while she brushed her fingers through her short blond locks, Siri teased, ?Are you still giving me the silent treatment? Don?t pout, remember that Master Yoda is fond of saying??

?Master Yoda would not have tossed me out of the cot and stolen it.?

?After you stole it first,? she corrected.

?That was different.? He grinned in return.

?Thank you for warming it up for me,? she playfully purred flicking away a few snowflakes that had gathered in the fold of Obi-Wan?s sleeve, then slinked off before he could do something to her. She could see it behind that cool Jedi mask that he was planning something.

Moving with the confident step of a Jedi Knight, she took the first path that opened to her. Passing silently among the makeshift booths that lined both sides of the gravel path, her senses noted the multitude of life forms that teemed all around her. This place was no different than any of the thousands of markets spread across the galaxy.

Voices in all dialects and tongues called out to her. Heavily garmented figures held out trinkets and junk, shaking it as they bid her to take a look at their offerings. Wanting her to buy whatever overpriced item they were trying to pawn off.

For a time, the search was relatively pleasant. Her attentions drawn from the sellers and their wares to the Force as she searched its energies for the weapon of a Jedi. Alo

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    snort!

siri is causing trouble already? Obiwan should feel right at home as a master as he shakes his head and tsks at her. unless of course, with his usual luck, he gets trampled by the hordes chasing the toyardian.

snicker.

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was highly amusing! I can just picture the flying Toydarian being pursued by more and more as the scent of the red oil spreads. Serves him right!

I'm sure Obi-Wan was smirking in the background through the whole thing....

6. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Loved that scene Red. And your descriptions of this icy planet are wonderful. :)

7. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    ohhhhhhhh that was FUNNY!!!!

Now have to wonder if Siri's premonition that the lightsaber is not there means it is not on the planet or just not at the market aaaand if it is the Force or just woman's intuition.

*does double-take*

Did you say leather........lots of leather

*Master red suddenly has her fuzzy Padawan's total, complete and undivided attention* :D :D :D :D

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I can hear Siri now... "but masters, It was a harmless prank. I din't know the hideous smell would attract half the beasts in the town"

9. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    [face_laugh] Poor Obi-Wan! Even away from Anakin he must feel like a master watching after a young prankster.

Very nice post!

10. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Froggy?unless of course, with his usual luck, he gets trampled by the hordes chasing the toyardian. [color=800517]??[/color] Poor Obi-Wan. :D

dianethx? I can just picture the flying Toydarian being pursued by more and more as the scent of the red oil spreads. Serves him right! [color=800517]??[/color] He will be flying funny for a while if they catch him. [face_shocked] [color=800517]??[/color] I'm sure Obi-Wan was smirking in the background through the whole thing.... [color=800517]??[/color] Well, he is thinking something?.

Sheila?Loved that scene Red. And your descriptions of this icy planet are wonderful. [color=800517]??[/color] Thanks! [face_blush]

Wookiee!?Did you say leather........lots of leather [color=800517]??[/color] Um, yes? There?s leather and various other states of dress and undress. A little more angst than originally planned but angst never hurt nobody but still very fluffy and fun.

PadawanKitara?I can hear Siri now... "but masters, It was a harmless prank. I din't know the hideous smell would attract half the beasts in the town" [color=800517]??[/color] While adding that he completely deserved it. ;)

Nat?Even away from Anakin he must feel like a master watching after a young prankster. [color=800517]??[/color] Yeah, but I don?t think he has that much control over Siri.

Well, you all are in luck. I actually got my act together and actually wrote a post today. :)

11. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Eight

Walking at a relaxed pace, Obi-Wan moved along the other side of the fast marketplace, idly observing the collection of objects gathered from all about the galaxy.

As time went on, the ginger haired Jedi found the air inside to be just as crisp and biting as it was outside minus the pelting moisture and wind. The thin, thermal gloves that matched his reddish-brown cloak were little defense against the cold.

He had once imagined there was nothing worse than Tatooine with its indomitable heat and sandstorms but he would gladly accept that over a prolonged stay on ice world of Selvax.

Seeking what warmth he could, he buried his hands in the billowing sleeves of his cloak. The image it presented as well as a light shielding helped to cut down on the unwanted attention leaving him in peace to conduct his search.

Pale blue eyes glided over the eclectic assembly of items. Droid parts, service equipment and a never-ending sea of useless trinkets and baubles lined table after table. The hunt for the missing lightsaber was quickly growing tedious.

Stopping in the midst of a gravel packed walkway, Obi-Wan just stood there. After a moment, he allowed a soft sigh. This was an important mission, at least so in the eyes of the High Council. His attention should be focused on it and not that it was exceptionally unexciting. Boring, as Anakin would have put it.

His thoughts drifted to his apprentice, wondering just what the teenager was up too. He had little doubt that Master Yoda was being reminded of why he no longer took on padawan learners. Not for his age, but rather for the headache just the thought of the student inspired.

At the edge of his vision, something familiar caught his attention and upon it until his gaze fell upon the tarnished bronze casing of an old lightsaber training remote. It appeared to be of a design far older than any he had seen in use at the Temple. Studying the device as he approached the table it was nestled on, he noted that it appeared to only have three low charge emitters and a dented case that gave it almost an oblong shape. To his surprise, the sphere was small enough to fit into the palm of his hand.

Taking the small device up with thermal-sheathed fingers, the young master decided it would be something Anakin could appreciate. If nothing else, it would entertain him long enough to repair it and use it for practice during long missions away from the Temple.

Rolling the small device about in his palm, he knew that if anyone could repair it, that it would be Anakin.

Curiosity was stirred up in him as he searched the rest of the objects littering the crescent shaped table, wondering what other ?Jedi? items he could find.

The collection of things had once been bright, shiny and new. Once having served a purpose to someone, somewhere but now the myriad of objects had fallen into disrepair or worse, driven into obsolescence.

A horrified scream echoed throughout the valley marketplace causing the Jedi to turn sharply seeking the source. His quick eyes caught a brief glimpse of a Toydarian flying just ahead of a large pack of beings fleeing from the market. With a small smile, he recognized Siri?s handiwork and realized that she too was not having much luck.

Aware of the shopkeeper?s wary gaze focused on him, Obi-Wan turned his attention back to the ragged looking Hrapa?s booth. The red-skinned female followed his every movement with tiny black eyes while she took deep drags from a long pipe the curved down ending in a shallow bowl filled with a green fiber soaking in some sort of liquid. The rest of the table was littered with a mixture of trinkets and old weapons. Most of what he saw were old blaster parts that did not look capable of ever working again not matter what kind of work was put into them.

Exhaling slowly, he reached for the Force guiding it over the damaged remains of once usable weapons hoping to see what his eyes could not. The energies of the ancient power washed over him, traveling along the various sha

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I so enjoy your Obi. :)

13. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    I love your Obi. He's so calm. What a tempting challenge. he he he.

14. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    obi ew--I so enjoy your Obi. ?? Thanks...but why?

Froggy--I love your Obi. He's so calm. What a tempting challenge. he he he. ?? Even Obi-Wan has a breaking point. ;)

15. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    hmmm....well done, Red! I like the humor in this story. But it still seems kinda dark but then again we are talking about Red here! ;)

Can't wait for more. Poor Obi, seems he can't ever escape the temperamental ones! :D

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    How sad that even now Obi-Wan misses his old Master and still mourns him.
    Loved the final word "Possibly". I really like when the words of one character from the movies ends up somewhere else and still makes sense.

Looking forward to more!

17. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow.. Nice characterization of Obi-Wan. He's so calm, but sharp at the same time, and still very elegant.
    This man has got some style! :D

Really lovely!

18. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Yummy Yummy!!!

Obi being Obi!

Very nice rendition of the junkpile red. Just the place your apprentice would like to go visit :p :D Never know what you will find on those tables.

19. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Why? I think because of all the Obi's on the board, mine included, yours is written so close to the GFFA one. Calm, serene, but with a steely resolve, impish charm and that dry sense of humor. :)

20. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    ObiLegolas?I like the humor in this story. But it still seems kinda dark but then again we are talking about Red here! [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] Seems no matter how hard I try, there is going to be that darkness that clings to my stories. Hopefully the humor will keep it from getting to gloom and doom. :)

dianethx?How sad that even now Obi-Wan misses his old Master and still mourns him. [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] To me he wouldn?t be Obi-Wan without Qui-Gon?s ?ghost? lingering.

Nat?Nice characterization of Obi-Wan. He's so calm, but sharp at the same time, and still very elegant. [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] Thanks! [face_blush]

Wookiee!?Just the place your apprentice would like to go visit Never know what you will find on those tables. [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] Lot?s of overpriced things you really don?t need? 8-}

obi ew?yours is written so close to the GFFA one. [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] Ah. Thank you. [face_blush]

Sorry, no posty today. I was gone visiting friends in town and didn?t get anything written. There will be a short post tomorrow and it involves the third musketeer?erm, Jedi. :D

21. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    RRK I really enjoyed these last two posts. They really gave us differeing insights into Obi and Siri. I don't mind the touch of darkness, it just makes the humorous moments all that more enjoyable. I love how sharp you've made your Obi-Wan(wish Lucas would take a few lessons), while at the same time still revealing his vulnerable side. Siri's stunt on the "poor" Toydarian was quite original and funny. :)

So glad we'll be hearing from that other country in the next post.

22. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    "There will be a short post tomorrow and it involves the third musketeer?erm, Jedi." :D :D Ooh I can't wait to see that! Finally.. [face_love]

*dreamily goes to sit somewhere until the post arrives*

23. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    naw ibo?I really enjoyed these last two posts. They really gave us differing insights into Obi and Siri. [color=1589FF]??[/color] It?s interesting that two people raised in the same circumstances are so different. I am having fun exploring the oil and water of their pairing.

Nat?*dreamily goes to sit somewhere until the post arrives* [color=1589FF]??[/color] Stop dreaming! It?s here. :)

Thank you everyone for all your kind replies. [face_love]

24. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Nine

?No. No! No!? Benjur Korimor cried out as he fought against the large, hairy white hands that gripped his shoulders digging fierce claws into the heavy material that protected his gray flesh. The thief struggled against his captor but remained pinned to the dingy wall of his small transport. ?No, please!? He began to sob, gripping desperately at the long fur that protected the massive hands that held him. The slight of build humanoid shook violently as large tears streamed down his rough face. ?Please,? he wept as the fight started to seep from him. ?Please don?t kill me,? he begged in the high voice of his species.

?Please?? the owner of the fur covered hands mocked. Towering over Benjur was a great Ulamar Draigon. The slightest twitch of tightly coiled muscles rippled under the mixture of silver scales and white fur that covered its body. It?s wolfen like head raised slightly as his black nose sniffed the air. Bearing sharp teeth in a savage grin, he returned his attention to the troublemaker in his hold. ?I haven?t had my lunch today,? he snarled.

?No, please don?t hurt me,? Benjur bawled quivering at the sight of the fangs hovering dangerously close. ?Don?t kill me.?

?I can save your life,? a third voice?sporting a cultured Core accent?entered the conversation. Behind the beastly being appeared a tall man. Face cleanly shaven and framed by short brown locks. ?Let us give him a chance to explain himself, Quim.?

A gentle sweep of the interloper?s hand brushed back the soft brown leather of his long cloak revealing a low-slung blaster holster at his hip. One of many weapons on his person but the only he chose to bear. Fingers slid over the black form of the trim Tenrael-11 blaster pistol. Not his usual weapon of choice by any means but it served.

Benjur?s eyes widened, focused on the calm man.

?No!? he howled, arms flailing about in a pitiful attempt at explanation. ?It was just business, Garen. You have to understand.? With a burst of energy, he exploded into struggle against the powerful arms that pinned.

Quim snorted, his canin-like snout wrinkling under silvery eyes. ?I?m going to pull his arms free of his worthless torso,? the Draigon snarled shifting his grip to Benjur?s upper arms.

?Not yet,? Garen calmly replied with a simple wave of his hand causing the long coat to brush along his tight cut leather trousers.

?Please,? Benjur moaned, his large eyes focusing on Garen begging for mercy.

?You betrayed a business deal,? Garen coolly replied.

?I was offered more credits. Much more. I couldn?t turn it down. You know how it is.?

?I do not break exclusive contracts. How many more credits was your life worth??

?I?I??

Benjur howled the instant Quim tugged on his right arm dislodging it from the shoulder socket.

Silently, Garen steeled himself, praying his beastly comrade would not kill the crook. He placed a hand on the massive, hairy shoulder.

Quim growled but let the bellowing figure drop to the ground. ?He deserves??

With the toe of his tall cut boots, Garen lightly kicked out, pressing the toe into Benjur?s wounded shoulder. The thief wailed in agony. ?We paid you for delivery of a product. You not only broke an implied contract, you stole Maka Koth?s money. He is very unhappy with you.?

There were other ways to acquire the information. None of them were going to happen with Koth?s number one man standing next to him.

?I?ll pay it back. Please,? Benjur sobbed.

Deep blue eyes studied the gray skinned being, hiding whatever misgivings he had by a cool exterior. ?You will never possess that kind of wealth.? He knelt to face Benjur directly. Reaching out carefully with the Force, he searched the creature seeking anything that would prove a truth or a lie. ?Whom did you sell the H?Aasarii Pyramid to??

Behind, he could hear Quim?s heavy breathing and the swish of his massive tale cutting just above the ground. Concern ran high, fearing that the instant Benjur offered the answer, the Draigon would snap his neck.

25. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    Garen's here!!!

(I got first reply!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.