main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Wild Knights: Grasping an Ancient Fire (Obi-Wan, Siri, Garen) - Digital Specters/Completed 5/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved the talk between Garen and Quim.

Yes, Ben'al is arrogant and I can't wait to see what he is really up to. :D

Ben'al wrapped in Obi goodness. [face_laugh]

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    What kind of nightmare happened at the Sith temple? I am going to assume that it was some sort of horrible genocide along the lines of Geonosis (in scope, not size)? Quim seems afraid to face it and I have the funny feeling that Ben'al is going to use Obi-Wan's body for revenge (he seemed to be really into that in the Tales) and poor Obi-Wan is going to wake up someday with a seriously carved up and bruised body.

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :_| Red, you're an evil vile lying Witch woman!

4. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here and I'm loving this story. Ben'al is interesting indeed. Not what I expected. Pride can be a powerful weakness. It should be interesting to see what it reaps him.

5. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Kynstar?"The way is shut." Oooh, never thought about that. Hmm?.

Diane?I could tell you which one waits but then I would have to kill you and then I would lose a reader and really piss off a lot of people on the boards and well, patience is a virtue.

Moldy-One?Interesting?

honour?Now why would you have a bad feeling? I think we have trust issues that need exploring. :p

Loki?She did?

Noi?I think writing Quim and Garen are fun. Luckily, there is more coming up.

ObiLegolas?Trust me, in the coming volumes of Tale, you will find out a lot more than you really wanted too. :eek:

ca tron?Creepy. Not quite yet.

Jedikma?There is plenty of Ben'al wrapped in Obi goodness today.

PK?Very insightful. And part of your thoughts are correct.

Moldy-One?Oh hush!

Neo-Paladin?thanks for sticking with it! Yup, Ben'al has some pretty spectacular flaws but he more than makes up for it in other avenues.

Thank you everyone. New posty today and I'll have another one up tomorrow.

6. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Eighty-Six

As Siri guided the speeder she had borrowed at the docking station, she wondered if Garen and the Draigon really would be able to follow them.

"Go left at the red building," Ben'al said as he motioned toward a structure just ahead. "Do not hesitate," he said evenly as if sensing the doubt creeping through her.

Steeling herself and carefully drawing up mental barriers, she silently obeyed. She knew she had little choice; this spirit had control of her friend's body. She could not just let him run off. At the edge of her vision, through open alleyways created by the tightly packed structures, she caught sight of the hill they had been trying to reach earlier. ?How do you know where you are going??

?I have been here before.?

She waited, hoping?praying?for more of an answer but received none. She looked at the billowing hood that protected his face, grateful that she could not see the lie in a familiar form. ?What secrets does this place hide?? she asked as she made the turn, taking them closer to the outskirts of the city. "What is so important that you must hijack my friend to get there?"

Laughter, that was not Obi-Wan's. ?Are you married??

Siri frowned at the sudden and strange turn. Frustration nipped at her with the ignoring of her question. ?It is forbidden,? she said plainly. It had always been forbidden, just as some passions were frowned upon and considered weaknesses and dangers. She felt the pang of bitterness.

A languid motion of his hand as Ben'al nodded toward the ash-dusted street that lay ahead. ?Drive until there is no city.? He then seemed to retreat back into himself, returning his attention to his hands?Obi-Wan?s hands.

For a time, there was only silence as they traveled until the run down structures of the ancient city thinned, leaving only a road, a pale ribbon cutting through the dark, volcanic world leading toward the smoldering mountain of fire that dominated the horizon.

Out of the blue, Ben'al spoke up again. "I suppose it is to be expected."

Silence held its ground as Siri debated in questioning him. There were so many things she wanted to ask, all of them squelched by an unfamiliar uncertainty.

She did not like this feeling.

"What is to be expected?" she asked.

"That marriage is forbidden." A beat. ?I would have imagined that Tyrian would have destroyed this place centuries ago,? Ben?al said, looking up briefly toward the smoking mountain in the distance. ?It should have.? Darkness clouded an increasingly unfamiliar voice. He pointed ahead. ?See the post??

Following his hand, Siri stared across the plains and the thin outline of a road as it faded across the dead lands. It seemed few traveled this way. Though, she could understand why, but knew when the volcano blew the pyroclastic cloud would wipe out most of the continent. There was no place safe from Tyrian. ?The one lying on the ground??

?Yes.?

?Turn right there.?

?There is no road.?

?I know.?

Slowing the speeder to make the turn but instead, she brought the craft to a full stop. Firmly holding the stick, she sat there frozen. Waiting.

"I did not say stop."

Siri stared straight ahead, not wanting to face him. She had seen him cut the pirates' weapons apart. She knew his reputation. She knew she was no match for him. "No," she said tightly. "No, you did not. You have given me orders but haven't given me answers." She swallowed hard. "This is a two way street. You give a little. I give a little."

A chill raced down her spine at the brush of his finger along her chin. Her head was tilted toward the hooded face.

"I have always been drawn to fiery woman." He smiled.

She hated that smile. Unfamiliar and yet?

It took all of her self-control to keep from looking away.

Ben'al slowly drew his finger from her chin along her jaw line before the touch faded. He frowned as he drew his hand back, staring at it for a moment. "I feel betrayed," he whispered.

Ignoring the cryptic comment, she asked, "Why did you want t

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh awesome post!!! Got to know a lil more about Ben'al. :D

Poor Siri...I can totally relate the frustration she's feeling.

[face_laugh] "I have always been drawn to fiery woman." Uh oh! Siri better be careful! But I'm sure Ben'al wouldn't do anything since he's 'on a hunt'...but would he? [face_thinking] I'd think that'd be interesting if he tried - key word 'tried'. :D

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    My poor Ben'al! :_| That was a very sad posty.

I can almost feel her.

Wonder why [face_thinking]

Ben'al slowly drew his finger from her chin along her jaw line before the touch faded. He frowned as he drew his hand back, staring at it for a moment. "I feel betrayed," he whispered.

Very interesting remark. Betrayed how?

More please? [face_batting]

9. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    This chapter did nothing to alleviate my trust issues.:p

What oe said: Betrayed how?

10. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    "Were it, I would never have known my Risa." He motioned ahead.

It was sweet the way he talked about his daughter. She was so sweet in that one story you wrote. [face_love]

Being drawn to firey women must be something that runs in the family. :D

Great chapter! :)

11. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    "I have always been drawn to fiery woman." Well, I supose Siri is about as fiery as they come at this point in the Jedi Order.

Siri stared straight ahead, not wanting to face him. She had seen him cut the pirates' weapons apart. She knew his reputation. She knew she was no match for him. "No," she said tightly. "No, you did not. You have given me orders but haven't given me answers." She swallowed hard. "This is a two way street. You give a little. I give a little." Siri should be glad he finds her amusing. She's not butting heads with Obi-Wan, but it is just like her to stand her ground.

?Instead, you look for answers in a map. And yet, you do not know what Orrisus is. What do you hope to learn from going there?" He drew his hood back, revealing a hardened expression that seemed to age the man ten years. When no answer came, he stopped and looked back toward her. ?If you want answers, you must come along.? One thing has not changed between Ben'al's time and Obi-Wan's time apparently. Jedi still speal in riddles.

12. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    to oe and honour: Betrayed by whomever it was that was supposed to keep Ben'al's daughter away from the Jedi and Sith. I think Obi-Wan might be an offspring of Riza (somewhat distant though it may be). I think he thought that if his daughter didn't know about the Jedi, then no more of his family would be subjected to the sacrifices and hardships that Jedi face.

Such a touching post, Red. I could feel Siri's frustration with all the non-answers. :D I wonder will Obi-Wan remember anything that is done during the time Ben'al has possession of his body?

Great post!

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Very interesting insight into the crazy legend. When does Siri smack him down?

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Who knows maybe Siri is a decendant of Ben'al! [face_laugh] perhaps a great+ grand daughter ;)

15. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Kynstar ? Oh, don?t worry about Siri too much. ;)

Sickly-One ? Oh lord, she?s crying. Then you better not read today?s post, or the rest of the story for that matter.

honour ? Well, I don?t think this chapter will help much either. [face_laugh]

Jedikma ? Kind of like a doting daddy. Can you imagine Ben?al from Tale I/II turning into that?

noi ? Not to worry, Siri will get her act together.

ObiLegolas ? Well, the non answers are about to end and real answers ::gasp:: will be revealed.

PK ? Soon.

Kynstar ? Eeeeek! Don?t say that! Nope. Siri is of no relation to the dead Jedi.

16. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Eighty-Seven

The craggy outcropping had long given away to a tunnel that burrowed into the rocky face at the foot of Tyrian. Silken threads of ancient and ash-dusted webs were pulled out of the archway as Ben?al and Siri plunged deeper into the rocky formation.

Under the glow of the lightrod, braced to her wrist, Siri guided the beam about, studying the high ceiling of the tunnel. It was not a creation of nature. Siri paused and brushed her fingers along the nearly smooth surface. It was machine made.

The gray ash that coated everything clung to her fingertips. In the light it glittered as she rubbed it off with her thumb. Directing the lightrod to the floor, she studied the boot prints that mashed down the loose layers of ash. She wondered how long had it been since someone last traveled this passageway.

"It was much cleaner," Ben'al said, from far down the way. His voice echoed off the stone walls. "This place was immaculate." He stood in the eerie glow of the pale blue lightsaber blade lighting his way. The arching walls around him reflected the weapon's glow. He looked up. "It is volcanic glass. It was polished into a mirror-like sheen. Light carried through the corridors from the main compartment."

In the strange blue glow cast by the Prak'sha, Siri thought Ben'al had an ethereal presence. Appearing like a holoimage, or Force ghost.

He seemed to be unaware, turning back toward the darkness that lay ahead and continuing on.

For a time, Siri chose to keep her distance, following wordlessly while accepting that Ben'al knew where he was going. With every step though, she could not shuffle off the feeling of weakness or anger that she was doing just as he had chastised her and the entire Jedi order for doing.
    Following when they should be leading.

That fear, the uncertainty that was eating into her, suddenly slammed into an invisible barrier. She stopped, remaining motionless in her own pool of light. "Things were different back then," she whispered. "The galaxy was different. The Sith were different. You had one true enemy to fear, we have many." She exhaled sharply. "I am not a child," she announced. "I will not be spoken to like one."

Ben'al stopped and turned to look back at her.

"A thousand years dead does not give you that right. I am a Jedi. My friends are Jedi. We may not be like you remember, but we are no less Jedi." She marched forward. The breeze of her steps stirring the ash causing it to dance like glitter throughout the corridor. As she drew close to the waiting figure, she continued, ?I follow because Obi-Wan is my friend.? Her voice echoed off the smooth walls, "And you have taken him hostage."

Ben'al just looked patiently at her. "Yes, I suppose we are different." He brought the tip of the fiery blade close, lighting both their faces. "Would you take your friend's life, if it would save countless others? Would you hesitate?"

"The lives of the many outweigh the life of the one."

"It is easy to say that." Ben'al frowned. ?I murdered my best friend. Hunted him down like an animal."

Only years of Jedi training kept Siri's look from faltering.
    "I took his head. It was the only mercy I could offer him.? He turned and started walking again. When the echo of only one set of footsteps filled the corridor, Ben?al looked back. ?Do my words upset you??

?You speak so casually. I do not know any Jedi that takes killing any being, let alone one they call friend so easily.?

?You do not question it when they are Sith.? Ben'al closed his eyes, squeezing them tight as if pushing back a memory. "His name was Tirati."

In the light of the Prak?sha, Siri saw that haunted look in the killer?s eyes?eyes that belonged to her friend.

She was left to the glow of her own lightrod after Ben'al abandoned her, returning to his journey. "You are nothing like Obi-Wan," she announced.

"I never pretended to be. I am myself. I am Ben'al

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    [face_laugh] Oh well ;) would have been an interesting twist if she was!

Oh liked this chapter even more! :) Great! Further insight. One can feel Ben'al's pain :( How sad to have had to kill a friend.

Great work! :D

18. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Can you imagine Ben?al from Tale I/II turning into that?

Actually, I can. :) Many times, the men you least likely expect can melt when presented with a daughter. :D

I recognized a few names in this chapter, especially Caedo. ;) And the story of hunting down his friend, who I remember from Tale II. I hate to tell you this, red, but I'm getting the overwhelming urge to nag you to get more of Tale done. :p

19. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Siri did manage to extract tidbits by standing up to him.:)

Amare!:D

But, oh, I just remembered what's supposed to happen to her.:_|

20. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    I very much liked how Siri stood up to Ben'al. I think she showed some of the strength that can come from yielding. As exciting as combat maybe, often knowing how to control how you yield can be a devastatingly effective technique.

It seems to me Ben'al fails to see the value of the technique.

21. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    That's my Siri! Pull it together. :D

I'm wanting to see what happens in Tale now also.

22. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Ok,ok Siri is tough, Obiwan is thoughtful and compassionate, and Ben'al is a dinosaur from a different era. I can hardly stand not knowing the real reason Ben'al has had to take control of Obiwans body. 7

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm feeling the opposite of everyone else. I don't want the details of Ben'al's story now. :_|

He's like Obi in one horrible way at least. They both suffered incredible pain and personal loss in the course of their Jedi lives. :_|

PS: I hate you Red! :_|

24. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Lovely post, Red! I especially love the last 2 lines...[face_laugh]

Poor Ben'al. I wonder who that Fury was? I don't remember him/her/it from Tales. Was that the Fury that killed the Master who gave Ben'al the Praksha?

Wonderful post, Red!

25. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    was it the fury who carved the words in his skin or was that Lady K?

Good girl Siri!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.