main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Wild Knights: Grasping an Ancient Fire (Obi-Wan, Siri, Garen) - Digital Specters/Completed 5/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Garen in leather huh? * quickly jumps out of the way of rabid fans * ;)

2. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    And finally, we have Garen. :D Sounds like the Jedi Council are going all out trying to gather their missing artifacts, guess they are trying to keep them out of the hands of the wrong people.

Can't wait until those three troublemake...erm...Jedi Knights are together at last. ;)

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    And now, enter Garen stage left. When those three troublemakers get together, the whole Order should quake!!!

So why does the Council want these artifacts? Must be something pretty important to send those three out searching...

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Garen, undercover, and dressed in tight cut leather trousers. This place is getting as dangerous as the lily pond. You do serve buckets of ice with this, don't you?

5. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Froggy?Garen's here!!! [color=1589FF]??[/color] Yup. :)

obi ew?Garen in leather huh? * quickly jumps out of the way of rabid fans * [color=1589FF]??[/color] They don?t bite, do they? [face_worried]

naw ibo?Can't wait until those three troublemake...erm...Jedi Knights are together at last. [color=1589FF]??[/color] the galaxy won?t know what hit it. 8-} The Jedi Council is very worried about some of their artifacts floating around for anyone to pick up.

dianethx?So why does the Council want these artifacts? Must be something pretty important to send those three out searching... [color=1589FF]??[/color] Or they just wanted to keep the three of them away from the Temple so they can effect repairs.

PadawanKitata?This place is getting as dangerous as the lily pond. You do serve buckets of ice with this, don't you? [color=1589FF]??[/color] I guess I better turn on the ice machine for future posts. Of course, I don?t think anything will ever be as dangerous as Froggy?s pond. :D

6. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oh wow...
    Now I need some time to think straight again.
    Garen... in tight leather... [face_love] *wipes away the drool*
    It's funny to see how everybody writes a different Garen physically, which makes sense as we never had a real description of him in the JA books.
    So yours has blue eyes and brown hair, which he seems to have cut short. Well that's all good to me!

Loved his quiet hostility. Now that's our charismatic Garen! [face_love] I had to wince a few times, thinking how difficult it must be for him to act in such a way, even with a thief.

"They don?t bite, do they? [face_worried]" Bite? Of course we don't! ...Or at least not right away. :D

Well it's good to have Garen introduced! Nice job!

7. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Red!

Jeez, what did I ever do to you? You had to wait until the weekend when I can't get on the internet to introduce Garen? :D

And what an introduction! Loved the description and his handling of the double crosser. Just like a Jedi to find a way to spare a life if possible. It's going to be a hell of a lot of fun to see what you do with these three characters.

Can't wait for more!

Shaindl

8. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Nat?Now I need some time to think straight again. Garen... in tight leather... [color=4C7D7E]??[/color] You will get a little time to recover before we meet up with Garen again. [color=4C7D7E]??[/color] Bite? Of course we don't! ...Or at least not right away. [color=4C7D7E]??[/color] Why doesn?t that comfort me?

Shaindl?Jeez, what did I ever do to you? You had to wait until the weekend when I can't get on the internet to introduce Garen?[color=4C7D7E]??[/color] Ooops! Sorry. :) Oh well, when Garen really gets into the story, you won?t be able to throw a stone without hitting him.

9. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Ten

Out of the corner of her eye, a crystalline blue caught Siri Tachi?s attention and with a casual shopper?s presence, she drifted from the straight line she had been walking over to a small booth covered with samples of mineral masses from all over the galaxy.

The instant her gaze had touched the blue stone her heart leapt and pounded and she struggled to keep control. Eyeing the slip of a dealer, she was careful not to allow the slightest physical manifestation of her excitement. Some beings, particularly suited to these kinds of bazaars were known to read changing bio signatures to help gage their customer?s willingness to pay higher prices.

A variety of stones glittered, all demanding a little of her attention even as she fought to keep her focus from lingering too long on the blue stone toward the back of the display.

Instead, she drove her attention onto a garish gold stone that shimmered?even in the dim natural lighting?in such a way that it almost looked alive.

?That is lentin stone used by the Regl priests in their confirmation ceremonies. It?s very rare,? the shopkeeper?s soft voice lilted through the air as the thin creature shifted, to better study his customer.

The blond haired Jedi did not answer the yellow skinned rock dealer but instead allowed her gaze to pass over the other examples of stones.

?I have every kind and if I don?t have something that pleases you, I can find it. All you have to do is ask. The rarest stones in the galaxy are at your command.? He finished with a flourish of his long hand.

Gloved fingers slid over the smooth form of a mirror black stone even as her gaze darted across the small table to the brilliant blue one that had brought her to that booth in the first place. From what she could see, it was covered in some sort of hardened muck. Pulling a glove free of a pale hand, she picked up one of the nearby stones and examined it closely. The polished surface slipped through her fingers and robbed her of a little more warmth. Placing it back upon the table she perused several other interesting finds. Careful not to draw too much attention to the one she really wanted.

?How much is that lentin stone?? she asked.

?Twenty-five daktiris.?

?What about in Republic credits??

?Eighteen.?

?And the pink stone on the end?? She smiled, looking longingly at the white veined river rock. One of many thousands she had seen on Alderaan during one visit or another in the little stream that ran through the elegant Coesai Gardens in the capital city.

?I?ll give it to you for thirty credits. It is a river stone from the Shrine of Apella from Mantob XI.?

Liar.

?And this blue stone?? she casually pointed to the one that had possessed her attention before arriving at the booth.

?The one that matches your eyes?? the seller asked as he scooped it up and started to scrape the hardened shell off of it. ?For a pretty thing like you? Eight credits. I can clean it up and drill a hole in it and make a necklace for you. It would look lovely.?

?I am sure it would,? she said adding a gentle smile, ?but I would rather not have any holes drilled in it. It will look pretty on my shelf where I keep mementos.? Siri calmly forked over the eight credits and the dealer quickly handed over the stone.

Holding the encrusted stone tight in her grip, she casually walked away. At a few paces from the booth, she slipped it into one of her utility belt pouches and replaced her glove.

A smug smile crossed her lightly colored lips. If the dealer had known that he had a lightsaber focusing crystal in his possession, she would not have had enough credits to even get a glimpse of it.

Maybe this trip wasn?t such a complete waste after all.

10. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Ah, a woman after my own heart...LOL. I collect rocks and minerals so I would probably have bought them all!
    Good, so Siri has found a lightsaber crystal. Is it unused (still in its matrix) or was it once part of a lightsaber? The mystery deepens....

11. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Somehow I fell behind but I am all caught up again. I look forward to Garen joining the fray with Obi-Wan and Siri, the three of them will make an interesting group, they are all so different. :)

12. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    oooh, good job, Siri!

13. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I was so looking forward to Garen appearing and man oh man you didn't disappoint :D :D

Such wonderful eye candy for ones minds eye [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] Now I can't wait for the three amigos to get together!

14. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Maybe I'm jumping ahead here, but were we ever told any details about the ancient sabre; such as whether or not it still had it's crystal? And if so, what color?

15. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    hee hee Way to go Siri! hee hee Now if only I could do that in stores! Great post, RRK!

16. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Great post showing that shopping savvy is part of a Jedi's training. The things we don't know about that Order. :p Great post, Red!

Shaindl

Sorry for the short review - I think I'm coming down with a cold so I'm less than coherent right now. I hate summer colds!

17. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    dianethx?Good, so Siri has found a lightsaber crystal. Is it unused (still in its matrix) or was it once part of a lightsaber? The mystery deepens.... [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] You will hear more about it in tomorrow?s post.:) It was once part of a lightsaber, it?s just stuck in some muck.

Sheila?I look forward to Garen joining the fray with Obi-Wan and Siri, the three of them will make an interesting group, they are all so different. [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] Like Dexter Jettster says: It?s easy to find a Jedi, just follow the explosions.

Froggy?oooh, good job, Siri! [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] :D

Kelly Kenobi?I was so looking forward to Garen appearing and man oh man you didn't disappoint [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] I am glad you enjoyed it. :) Of course, you may be regretting it later?.

PadawanKitara?Maybe I'm jumping ahead here, but were we ever told any details about the ancient sabre; such as whether or not it still had it's crystal? And if so, what color? [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] In the Dormus fairy tale, the color is pale blue and the hilt has ancient writings carved into it. It has been lost for a long time so no one knows what shape it is in until they find it. ;)

ObiLegolas?Great post [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] Thanks! [face_blush]

Shaindl?Great post showing that shopping savvy is part of a Jedi's training. The things we don't know about that Order. [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] Well, you know that Yoda himself teaches how to coordinate outfits. It is important that a Jedi always look good. 8-} [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] I think I'm coming down with a cold so I'm less than coherent right now. [color=9E7BFF]??[/color] [face_shocked] Oh, no! Hope you get to feeling better soon. Wouldn?t want a cold to keep you away from a Roads post. hint hint ;)

Today?s post is a short one but it is all Obi-Wan. Tomorrows will be much longer, I promise. :)

Thank you everyone. I appreciate you reading this twisted tale.

18. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Eleven

?My memory is not so good,? the Hrapa insisted as she sunk back into her padded chair and waved a long fingered hand before her face. Whatever concerns she initially possessed with her potential buyer had drifted away in light of an impending sale.

Obi-Wan picked up the training remote again. ?How much??

?Fifty daktiris.?

?Fifteen Republic credits,? he said in a quick but firm tone. At her nod, he handed over the credits and the dealer took her time counting and recounting them before placing the chips into a deep pocket on the outermost layer of her shabby clothing.

?Business is not so good,? she said, glancing sadly about at her meager belongings. ?Not since Y?Begaar came. All I do is sit and listen to many conversations. Never sell anything. So many interesting things I hear, I sometimes get things mixed up.? She not so innocently grinned.

Sighing, the Jedi?s pale blue gaze over the wares again that covered the dingy crescent shaped table. There was nothing worth the Hrapa?s inflated prices but he knew he needed to buy something else in order to inspire her memory.

Then, at the back of the table, nearly hidden by a broken blaster rifle mount stood a tiny figurine. Quickly setting his first purchase to the side, pulling free one of his gloves and holding back the billowing sleeve of his cloak, Obi-Wan reached across the table and picked the simple figure up. The glossy lacquer that covered the wood reflected a golden sheen as he brought it close for examination.

He knew the curiosity and delight reflected his face gave the game away as he carefully examined the seven centimeter tall figure gently nestled in his large hand. At the same time, he did not care.

A tender smile drew across his lips as feathery lashes brushed over his cheeks. With closed eyes, he mentally thrilled at the small surprise.

Rising gracefully from the center of his battle-scarred hand was a tiny Mahari dancer. The lithe figure reached out in a beautiful pose.

During his life, he had seen a few of the figures in the possession of Jedi who greatly treasured the tiny Mahari representations of mischievous spirits.

The priests of the Mahar home world carved them from sacred woods to reflect the images of their gods dancing throughout their world. Jedi appreciated the tiny figurines because their dancing poses were reminiscent of various kata points.

Even the smallest of initiates could recognize the stance the figurine was in. It was familiar to one of the highest-level katas, the fiery bird. The dancer?s sleek form flowing gracefully forward as if it were about to sprout wings and fly out of his hand.

He knew of only one Jedi that exemplified such a pose and that was Siri Tachi, as fiery as any star in the galaxy.

?How much??

?That is rare and quite expensive,? she crooned. ?Three-hundred daktiris.?

?Seventy-five Republic credits.?

?One hundred and I tell you where your lightsaber is.?

Glancing quickly about the booth, he found a group of colorful scarves hanging from a post in the back and grabbed a bright purple and gold one. Caring fingers gently wrapped the tiny dancer in the folds of gilded silk. ?Throw the scarf in and you have a deal.?

The Hrapa scowled, but then after a moment, relented. ?Deal.?

19. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Aw, what a sweet guy buying a gift for Siri.

Could he give my fiance some pointers? :D

So Yoda teaches the coordination of outfits, hmm? And Mace teaches Hairstyling 101, I presume?

Great work, Red! Can't wait for tomorrow's!

Shaindl

PS: Another post for Roads is in the works, about 3/4 written. Garen is once again giving me some fits. But I'll try to have it up before the end of the week. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

20. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
  21. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Boy, next time I go shopping I'm taking Obi-Wan. What a wheeler-dealer he is. Is that part of Jedi training - Shopping 101?

And now he's bought something that reminds him of Siri and something for Siri (unless he likes colorful scarves). Hope she accepts it with good graces...

22. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I can see it now, Obi-Wan and Siri returning to the Temple from their mission without the lightsaber but loaded down with packages and bags from their shopping expedition to the outer rim. [face_laugh]

23. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    LOL!! I can just see that--"No, masters, we didn't find the lightsaber...but look, we got this great deal on a Mon Calamari Seaweed Press!"

Loved both of those posts. Siri got a lightsaber crystal which certainly may come in handy. That was very sweet of Obi-Wan to buy that because it reminded him of Siri and gets some information about that missing lightsaber to boot. He's a world class deal maker, ain't he. :)

I can't wait until tomorrow's post.

24. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Awww- that was too sweet. But for some reason, I don't think Siri will see it that way.

25. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm late I'm late I'm late I know!! Some thoughts:

Holy katas, Batman! I wish I had Obi-Wan's skill for haggling.

I love how the first couple of chapters were so descriptive. That kind of start really helps set the mood and gives a great mental picture (you know, the kind that we actually like to see). Obi-Wan and Siri together are, dare I say it, cute...? Okay, not cute, but it feels like two old friends hanging out together with a little bit of UST and innuendo mixed in with their friendly banter.

And lastly--Red, when you called this an Indiana Jones-esque story, I nearly fainted from sheer excitement. Indy's my hero, "Last Crusade" my favorite movie of all time. Indiana Jones? That can't be right--I live in Illinois, not Eden :D I thought to myself, Obi-Wan and Indiana Jones--proof that there is a God. But then you dressed up Garen in leather, and maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed so obvious that GAREN = INDY, and I realized this--there is a God, and God is a woman.

I think you've turned me into a Garen groupie/groper/grabber/gusher [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.