main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wild Knightz!!! - NJO - The Wild Knightz, Kyp, Jaina, Jacen, Jag.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    WOW I was wondering if Kyp would show up.

Thanks for the pm.

I am enjoying this very much.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    THanks!! You encourage me and it gets out of control!! :D Here's more..

Jake, Jay and Rooty stood quietly in front of RJ?s desk. The Admiral hadn?t arrived as yet.

?Think he knows?? Jake asked.

?Probably, why else would we be here?? Jay muttered.

?I didn?t do anything.?

?But you know and didn?t say anything.? She glared at Rooty for his words.

?But I?m not going to be quiet now.? The door opened behind them as RJ entered and closed it, making his way behind his desk. He chose not to sit.

?I have the distinct impression you three are hiding something, right now I?m giving you the chance to come clean to me. If not, I will be telling Master Durron of my suspicions and will leave the questioning to him.? Jake cringed visibly as RJ caught his gaze. ?And yes, I suspect he?ll be a lot harder on you Jake.? Rooty turned to Jake.

?Confession time.? He faced RJ. ?It was meant to be a prank. Terrik wasn?t supposed to get away. We didn?t prep his ship; we only unlocked the cell for 15 seconds, nothing more. I was sure he?d miss his chance or get caught if he got out and he wasn?t supposed to keep the note. He?s an Imp, we thought he?d destroy all evidence, like eat it or something! We only wanted to get her off our back, show her what it feels like to be in trouble with your senior!! It was only meant to annoy her!!? RJ stood up straight and blinked twice.

?You did all of it?? Jake nodded sadly.

?The two of us, Jay knew nothing until we told her yesterday.?

?And she chose to keep her mouth shut apparently!? RJ said raising his voice. ?Damn it you two, now you have crossed the line. I thought you had before, but now!!!? He turned away in dismay before swinging back. ?Now would you care to enlighten me on how you?re gonna fix this mess?? Both young men looked at each other and shrugged.

?We don?t know sir.? Jake said without emotion, ?but seeing as I know Kyp, I will tell him.? RJ glowered at them all.

?You?re damn right you will, and you will be taking your partner in crime with you!? He turned his attention to Jay. ?I have little doubt it was our little chat the other day that set this all in motion! Yes, it was Adalia?s idea to speak with you, but it was MINE to warn you about your career!! I have had enough of the antics and decided to warn you myself!? He turned to Jake and Rooty again. ?Wanna play a ?prank? on me now?? he bellowed. No one spoke. ?I didn?t think so.? Punching the comm on his desk he leaned toward it without taking his eyes off the pilots.

?Find Master Durron and his associates, show them to the Meeting room. And bring Commander Durron along as well, I will be there until further notice.? A voice simply responded with a ?Yes Sir?, as it was clear by his tone that arguing was not an option. Standing slowly he glared at them. ?You three, to the Meeting room now???MOVE IT!?

?..ooo0ooo?..

Even though the Knightz had been dismissed, the remaining squadron members had returned to the Prep room. They were awake now and figured they might as well think more about their XO?s situation. That and the fact that three of them had been ordered to the Admiral?s office gave them cause to discuss the situation.

?You think they know something?? Rachel asked as she sat back down. Eak leaned against the wall.

?I know they know something.? He growled. The other pilots turned to him, confusion on their faces.

?Hang on, you think they set her up?? Seifer asked sitting down. Eak pushed off the wall.

?They?ve had it in for her for a while now, don?t like the way she comes down on them. But it?s her job.? Rachel frowned.

?They?re young and crazy, but I don?t think they?d be that malicious.? She said evenly. Seifer, sat on the table in front of her.

?I have to agree, maybe it was a joke that went too far?? he said evenly. At that moment Liania returned, closing the door behind her.

?Ok, it?s clear to me that 9, 10 and 12 had something to do with this, but what?? She asked her fellow pilots evenly. Seifer

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Good job Kyp! :D Get them scared out of their pants but let them go. :p Can't wait for more! :)

4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Do you think that's all he's gonna do? Please......you know my Kyp better than that...... [face_devil]

5. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    Do you think that's all he's gonna do?

Nope, no way...He's gonna kill them(or make them wish they were dead...) [face_devil]

And I don't think she is the forgiving kind neither... [face_devil] They'd better be careful!!!!

More,more,more!!!! :D

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Adalia is the forgiving kind actually, she's the softer side of Kyp.....

Adalia sat up as the lights came on in her cell. Squinting as her eyes adjusted the turned to the door to see who else was coming to visit at this time of the morning. She?d felt Kyp?s anger build and subside but had no idea why. Blinking twice, she was stunned as Jake, Rooty and Jay came into view with two security guards guiding them, RJ close behind. Standing she made her way to the bars as one of the guards opened the remaining two cells. ?Admiral, Sir, what?s going on?? she asked. He turned to face her.

?It seems we?ve found the perpetrators of the escape plan and your framing.? Adalia?s eyes widened as she turned to her pilots, they hung their heads as the guards pushed Jay into the middle cell and Jake and Rooty into the end cell. Her mouth hung open. The guard then opened Adalia?s cell. RJ smiled sadly.

?You?re free to go, on behalf of the GFFA, I want to apologise for any suffering you have experienced. I hope you can forgive us for our mistake and condemnation. Unfortunately the current war and feeling about the Jedi have caused many to over react in these situations.? He explained. Adalia stared is disbelief.

?What are you saying?? she almost whispered as she emerged from her cell. RJ sighed.

?They did it Adalia, those three. It was supposed to be a practical joke, but it backfired. On the record, they will be punished to the full extent of the law, off the record?..? he paused. ?If you want us to leave and you handle the punishment, I will say I saw nothing.? She swallowed, still unable to comprehend what he was telling her. ?Master Durron was in the Meeting room when we left him, but he may have moved by now. The next move it yours?.? She turned to look at the three in the cells; all had their heads hung. Approaching the bars she took hold of two either side of her face.

?10? Jay?? The young woman looked up at her, tears welling in her eyes, but she said nothing. Adalia back away slightly before moving to the next cell. ?Jake, Rooty?? she whispered. Neither looked at her. Jake lowered himself to the bunk and Rooty turned to look out of the small window. Her chest constricted as tears welled up in her eyes. She?d found a place in her heart for these kids, watched them, cared about them and tried to help them. Discipline was part of being a good parent, and this is how she?d seen herself and most on the squadron didn?t have any. Now she realised how little they thought of her, and how much they disliked her. Suddenly her heart ached. She turned toward the door without a word and broke in to a run, leaving the cells, RJ and everyone else behind her. This hurt and she needed some space to deal with it.

?..ooo0ooo?..

Jaina stretched, it?d been a long flight to Mon Cal and then having to leave again so soon, she?d needed this rest. Yes, she?d slept during the flight, but laying down beat sitting any day. There was a knock at her door and she rolled off the bed to answer it, using the Force to sense the visitor. Feeling the hurt she quickened her pace and opened the door. Adalia stood there, her face stained with tears.

?Adalia!!! What happened?? She asked reaching out the woman and pulling her into the room. Guiding her to the table and seating her in a chair Jaina rushed into the refresher and got a towel to wipe Adalia?s face with. ?What?s happened?? She asked again, ?Have you and Kyp had a fight?? Adalia shook her head and lowered it.

?No, I think he?s pretty angry right now, me, I?m just hurt.? Jaina sat down opposite her. ?It was my own squadron members Jaina, three of them did this to me.? Adalia said sadly. ?I trusted them, treated them like I would have my sister and brother and this is what they did to me. I don?t understand. They had nothing to say to me, but they did it. It was supposed to be a joke.? Jaina sat back and stared at her in disbelief. ?I feel awful Jaina, I thought I?d found a place to be. Now?..Kyp?s raging with anger,

7. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Oh-oh!! [face_shocked]
    What is he goin' to do??? :confused:
    Nothing good, I can sense it... [face_devil]

Poor Adalia, she must be feeling horrible...Her own squadron members doin' that to her!!!! :(

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    She is hurt, but she will get over it....trust me....

Corran stared at the message on his screen. He?d read it five times now, and not surprisingly it hadn?t changed a bit. The GFFA and the Empire were working together, it was true. He?d been locked in a cell for a month due to stubborn pride. He sat back roughly in frustration. The orders were telling him to ?turn around and go back ? matter of life or death?. He frowned, how could they know who helped him? He knew that if Adalia had been discovered, she?d be sentenced to death, but they couldn?t know as he still had the note. He reached into his pocket and felt around. Nothing!. Frantically he tried another pocket, then another, still nothing. Realisation washed over him, he?d dropped the note, they?d found it and now she was going to die because of him! He knew what he had to do. Within seconds he?d turned his ship around 180 degrees and was heading back the way he came. Yes, she?d been his tormenter, but there was something about that woman that intrigued him.

?..ooo0ooo?..

Liania sat back in her seat. She and her fellow squadron members had been sitting waiting for what seemed like an eternity. Seifer was getting restless as he paced up and down the back of the room. He was the first to speak.

?I?m not doing this anymore. Gotta find out what?s going on.? He said striding toward the door. Suddenly every Jedi pilot in the room sat or stood still. They?d all felt it. No one spoke, but everyone ran from the room at full speed, the non Jedi knowing they had to follow.

?..ooo0ooo?..

Jake stood staring, he could feel Rooty beside him and Jay nearby, but he dared not move his eyes. He was unarmed, and cornered. The man standing in front of him had trained him, but this was a side of him he?d never seen. He wasn?t afraid, that wasn?t the Jedi way. But he was unsure, unsure of what was about to happen.

?..ooo0ooo?..

Rooty was fighting to keep his breathing even; he wasn?t about to fall apart now. He?d glanced at Jay in her cell, but could not hold the gaze of the man in front of him. No, it wasn?t fear; it was not knowing what his future held, if he had one.

?..ooo0ooo?..

Jay held onto the bars, her face pressed against them. He?d let her friends out, but left her behind the bars. Yes, if she concentrated enough she could probably open the cell, but concentration was something that was eluding her right now. All she could thing about and see was her friends in front of her and how the next few minutes would shape your young life.

?...ooo0ooo?..

RJ ran full pelt; he?d felt the ripple in the Force and didn?t like the implications one bit. He?d been on his way to get some sorely needed sleep, but it didn?t look like that was going to happen anytime soon. Rounding the last corner he came face to face with the remainder of the Wild Knightz squadron as they all skidded to a halt outside the security cells. The guards there looked confused, not being Force sensitive they had no idea why everyone was there.

?Who?s in there?? RJ ordered.

?Um Jedi Master Durron sir!? RJ groaned out loud, he was getting to tired for this. He turned to the group of Jedi Pilots.

?Stay here all of you, if I need you, you will know.? Liania opened her mouth to say something as Eak, Seifer and Rachael stepped forward. ?NO! I said stay here! That?s an order!? RJ unhooked his sabre and stared toward the door just as the sound of pounding boots reached his ears. He turned to see Adalia and Jaina skidding around the nearest corner.

?RJ!! Let me handle this!!!? Adalia said as she ran past, grabbing his sabre out of his hand as her own one had not been returned to has yet. She stopped briefly in the doorway, ?May I? Stay put!? she said before turning and running into the Security Cells.

RJ stood stunned, his hand still in position with no sabre. ?Damn, that woman takes too many liberties with me.? He growled.

:D ;) [face_devil]

9. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    What a cliffie,Master...
    I assume you want me to wait to see what happens...Well,this will improve my patience at least!!!

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, I best let the others catch up on this.....some have already read it elsewhere, but there are those who need to catch up!! I wonder what Kyp is up to.....it can't be good judging by the reaction of all invovled.... ;)

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Uh-oh... Kyp's gonna do something bad and Addie has to stop him. :( I can't wait for more! :D

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Then I will give you more....

?Was it funny?? Kyp asked evenly. Jake swallowed as he slowly shook his head. Kyp raised an eyebrow and turned his attention on Rooty. ?All this effort and not even funny?? Rooty bit his lip and gave his head a slow even shake. The Jedi Master slowly turned to Jay in her cell. ?And you? Did my little wife pick on you?? he said in a mocking voice. Jay?s eyes widened, but she didn?t respond, knowing that the answer wasn?t the one he wanted to hear. Behind him the sound of many feet running could be heard in the distance. Jake sensed all his wingmates? outside the room, he also sensed RJ taking control. He gave a slight frown as he felt his XO?s approach and someone was with her. Seconds later Adalia burst into the room, a lightsabre held in her hand. Kyp didn?t flinch, he?d known she was coming.

?Hey Addie, you can put that away.? He said evenly without turning to face her. She stood staring at him for a second before shutting the sabre down.

?What are you doing here?? she asked him as she slowly approached him.

?Just talking?. Aren?t we?? he asked the group in front of him. All three gave one single nod. Adalia stepped closer.

?Have you finished?? she asked quietly.

?No.? She took a step closer.

?Will you be soon??

?No.? She edged around to be slightly in front and to the side of him.

?I think you are.? He slowly turned to look at her, his eyes dark and cold.

?Am I?? She raised her chin slightly.

?Yes.? He tilted his head slightly as faint smile touched them.

Jake swallowed, his throat felt dry, no not dry, tight, and it was getting tighter. Grasping at it with his hand he turned away from his former Master to face Rooty, who to his horror was also holding his throat and beginning to gasp for air. Jay began to panic.

?Stop it!!!! Leave them alone!!! Jake!! Rooty!!? She cried. Adalia reacted quickly rushing to stand between the young pilots and her husband.

?Stop it Kyp, Now!? she said firmly. He stared at her, but the choking noises behind her increased. ?I said Stop it.? She growled. Still he stared at her, not moving.

?They thought it was funny to have you die.? He said in a very dangerous sounding voice. Adalia tried not to listen to the sounds coming from behind her, but she knew it was getting worse.

?They?re kids Kyp, remember being a kid? Remember what you did when you were a kid.?? His lips parted slightly and he blinked. Behind Adalia she could hear Jake and Rooty getting more air than they were a few seconds ago. She was on the right track. ?Remember the bad choices you made?? she said quietly as she approached him. The pilots were still choking, and she knew she would have to take drastic action to stop him. Closing the gap between them she cupped his face and kissed him, deeply. Wrapping her arms around his neck she leaned into him. He responded almost immediately, entwining his own arms about her and pulling her close. Instantly the two young men?s throat?s opened and they were able to gulp in fresh air.

RJ had waited long enough and he?d felt the darkness. Striding into the room he was a little surprised by what he saw. Jake and Rooty were both holding their throats and leaning against the outside of their cell, Jay had a distinct look of relief on her face and Adalia was making out! He shook his head.

?OK, you two back in the cell, this is not over for you.? He turned to the couple behind him and cleared his throat loudly. The pulled apart.

?Sorry Admiral, I was avoiding conflict.? Adalia said softly without taking her eyes off her now passive husband. RJ sighed,

?Can you take your conflict avoidance elsewhere please?? She gave a small nod and with out a word the pair left. RJ closed the cell again, locking the young men back up. He looked thoughtful. ?Is that all she did to stop him doing something?? He asked. Jay snorted.

?He did something, tried to choke them both to death!? RJ looked at them in their cell.

?Really?? Jake nodded.

13. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    ?Damn, she?s got a power none of us have, and I don?t think I want it??

Interesting power...Very interesting (and useful!!) :D

?Sir, we have an incoming Imperial ship requesting permission to land.?

This is getting better... :D

Now, I'll have breakfast and go to my classes, let's see if mt tests are half as interesting as this!!!! ;)

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It will get betterIreth

Jay sat on her bunk staring at the floor. She?d not done anything wrong except complain, but Jake and Rooty were the best friends she?d ever had. If they were going down, so was she. She listened to the even breathing and the occasional snore from the next cell. They?d been sleeping for near on an hour now and she was relieved they were ok after their encounter with Kyp. Sitting back against the wall, she pulled her knees up and wrapped her arms around them. How?d she get into this mess? The dim light around her masked the almost silent entrance of the visitor. A scraping of a boot snapped her out of her deep thought, she looked up to see a young man whose face she knew well standing at her cell.

?Jacen?? She breathed. She?d never met him, but she knew who he was. He smiled.

?You know me?? She swallowed slowly.

?Yes, sort of??.not personally.? He tilted his head as if curious by her response. ?I know of you.? She explained quietly. He gave a knowing nod, Jay couldn?t take her eyes off him, and finally she asked in a hushed voice. ?Why are you here?? He gave her a grin; it was a lopsided one, the famous one. Her heart skipped a beat.

?I wanted to meet the people crazy enough to upset Kyp.? He said lightly. She cringed visibly; there went her first impression. ?Hey, I was kidding. From what I understand, you didn?t actually do anything.? He said in a more serious voice. Jay gave her head a slow shake and looked down.

?No, but Jake and Rooty are my best friends, they did it for me, sort of. So, they go down, I go down.? Jacen Solo leaned against the bars with his right shoulder and studied her face.

?Loyalty??I like that.? He said quietly. She lifted her dark eyes to his and held his gaze, her heart beating faster than it should be. ?I heard that the escaped Imperial just landed.? Jay made a soft gasp sound.

?Here?? she asked. He gave a slow nod with a sly smile.

?Means you might be out of here really soon.? He said with a slight shrug. Jay couldn?t believe what she was hearing, but why would he return?

?Why?? She asked simply. Jacen glanced at his boot as he pushed the toe of it at something invisible.

?Maybe he was told to, maybe someone let him know we are all on the same side right now.?

?Who?? Jay was confused; who?d do that?

?I don?t know, maybe someone who mum is a Ambassador??? he looked up at her and smiled. Jay could not believe what she was hearing.

?You did that for me?.I mean us?? She?d corrected herself quickly realising that he?d never laid eyes on her until a few minutes ago. He snorted softly.

?Not for you??for Adalia, but now I?ve met you, I wish it had been for you.? He said quietly. Jay could say nothing; she was lost for words. ?Maybe, when you get out, we could??get together and have a drink or something?? he added. She swallowed hard.

?I?d like that.? She almost croaked out. He grinned, causing her heart to do a flip.

?Good, then I?d best see about getting you out of here as soon as I can. Get some sleep Jay.? He pushed off the bars and took three steps backward, holding her gaze the entire time before turning and leaving the room. Jay sat staring at the door, she couldn?t move.

?..ooo0ooo?..

Corran stood perfectly still, at ease on the outside, not so much on the inside. He knew what he?d been told, but this still felt wrong. He was alone, having been led here, without a guard and left to await Admiral RJ. They suddenly trusted him, and it felt wrong. Suddenly the door opened behind him, not moving his body he watched as the Admiral walked around his desk.

?Good to have you back Lt. Commander Terrik. Take a seat.? RJ said tiredly as he sat down.

?I?d rather stand if you don?t mind??Sir.? RJ looked up from pulling his seat in.

?Oh, of course. Well, you came back. Can I ask why?? Corran held RJ?s gaze evenly.

?I was ordered to Sir.? Calling a GFFA Admiral ?Sir? was almost choking him.

?Ordered to? By whom??

?The Empire?? I?m also to t

15. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I;m still here. I gotten behind so I've printed it out to read tonight.

16. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Read it...
    Jacen and Jay??? Interesting...What about her "friends"???
    Don't answer...I'll read it!!! :D

17. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Nice! :D Jacen and Jay? [face_love] Think about how Jake and Rooty are going to feel when they find out she didn't choose either of them and went for Jace? [face_mischief]

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Things could get interesting me thinks..... [face_devil]

Jake was somewhere between waking and sleep. Something akin to pressure was on him mind. He turned over from the wall to face the bars and briefly opening his eyes and snuggling down again. Suddenly he snapped his eyes open again to stare, Kyp Durron was standing inside their cell and was gazing cooly down at him. Slowly he sat up, grasped his pillow and tossed it at Rooty?s sleeping form, all without moving his eyes.

?Hey!! What?d ya do that for.? Rooty complained as he sat up and pushed the pillow off his face.

?We have a visitor? Jake said evenly. Rooty turned and groaned.

?Not again.? Kyp slowly turned to face Rooty and gave him a cold smile. Rooty duly leaned back against the wall.

?Master??um, if you?re gonna kill us, just do it.? Jake said with a little more courage than he actually had. Kyp turned back to him and crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.

?Kill you??

?Jake! Don?t give him any ideas!? Rooty hissed.

?I think he has ideas of his own, we don?t need to help him there Rooty.? Jake said evenly.

?That I do Jake?glad you remember the way I think.? Kyp replied. Rooty cleared his throat.

?Um, Master Durron, um,?..just a quick question before you crush our throats??.where?s Adalia?? Kyp snorted softly.

?Now you worry about her welfare?..or is it that you want to hide behind her?? Rooty coughed as he stumbled over his words.

?Oh, worried about her of course!!? Jake rolled his eyes.

?Give it up Rooty. If you?re going to do something, do it. Look Kyp, we are sorry, it was a joke, it was wrong and we?re sorry. As you can see, we are going to be tried for our stupidity so if you have plans on saving the GFFA money by skipping the trial, just do it and get it over with.? He said. Kyp began to smirk. Suddenly, from just out of eyesight, two women could be heard laughing. Rooty stood up and frowned.

?Jay?? he knew her laugh, but the other eluded him. Jay walked into view, followed by Adalia. Both women were laughing. Jake made a double take to them and then looked at Kyp, who was now grinning.

?OH! I get it, big joke, freak us out why don?t you! Have us sentenced to death and then freak us out!? He said starting out sound annoyed.

?This was a joke? You?re tormenting us in our time of need as a joke?!?!? Rooty cried. Jay entered the cell as Kyp stepped backward.

?Relax you two, we are all off the hook?..no one is going to trial and no one is going to die. Lt Commander Terrik returned to the base and Adalia has been given an order to set us all free. But, I?m sorry, I had to go along with her, she deserved to get you two back!? Both the young men glared at their XO as she chuckled at them.

?Sorry guys?.I couldn?t resist.? She entered the cell and wrapped her arms around her husband?s waist. ?I had the best weapon anyone has ever pulled on you two and I just had to use it.? Jake and Rooty looked at each other.

?Touche? Rooty said before turning to face the couple. ?I have to admit, I was worried.? Kyp smiled.

?So you should have been. Seriously though,? He turned to Jake, ?You cross Adalia like that again, she won?t be able to stop me.? Jake gave a single nod.

?Noted Master.? Adalia leaned over his shoulder.

?Now get out of here all three of you, before I change my mind.?

?..ooo0ooo?..

It had been a very long 24 hours for the Wild Knightz and no one on base was very surprised when none of them had risen before midday. The lounge was busy this afternoon as the Knightz gathered to welcome Jake, Rooty and Jay back into their ranks. The celebration was shared with several Rogues and the odd Wraith. The mood of the bar was high. Corran sat quietly in a distant corner sipping his ale noting the entire goings on. The pilots on this base lacked discipline and seemed to treat their seniors with little or no respect. He?d slept for several hours and now sat and waited. He wanted to speak with Adalia, but he?d not seen her at all. He watched

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  20. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Hehe...They scared them to death,didn't they? They must have thought that was their last day...

But I still think they deserve a bigger punishment!!! [face_devil]

Corran and Liania???? Interesting again... ;)

Let's see where the story goes...I can't wait to read more!!!!

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Then I won't make you wait anymore!!

Adalia was feeling pretty good. Her squadron was happy, she?d made amends with Corran Terrik and now she was heading to have dinner with her husband and friends. Things couldn?t be better. Entering the small formal dining area the group at the table turned to smile at her.

?All done?? Kyp asked as she sat down next to him. She leaned over and kissed him lightly.

?Yep. All fixed. They?re having a party in the lounge.? Jacen frowned.

?Your squadron?? She nodded. ?Shouldn?t you be there?? She gave her head a quick shake.

?The trouble started with me, they got annoyed with me. So I think I?ll give them their space tonight, they don?t need me ruining the party.? Jaina laughed lightly.

?That?s kind of nice of you.? Adalia grinned.

?Anyway, if I went I?d have to take him,? she stuck her thumb in her husbands direction, ?and I?m sure that would kill the party.?

?Hey!!? Kyp protested, the three of them laughed at him. Dinner was a simple meal and the conversation mainly centred on what each of them had been doing for the last couple of months. Once completed Jacen sat back.

?That was delicious, and a lot nicer than the dried ration packs we had while away.? Jaina laughed lightly.

?Anything fresh would be better than that.?

?Well, if you all don?t mind,? he glanced at his chrono, ?I have plans for the evening and will now excuse myself.? Jacen said as he stood and straightened his uniform. Jaina almost gaped at him.

?You have a date?? He glared at her.

?Don?t sound so surprised, yes, I have a date if you must know.? Jaina found this very amusing, she turned to Adalia.

?I didn?t know you had any blind pilots here.? She said, attempting to sound serious. Adalia smirked.

?We have a couple, they?re deaf as well.? Jacen glared at them both. Kyp shook his head.

?Ignore them Jacen and have a good time. Don?t do anything I wouldn?t do.? Jacen grinned.

?I guess that leaves me wide open then, doesn?t it?? Before anyone could react Jacen strode from the room, leaving them to all exchange glances for laughing again. Jaina leaned forward.

?Do you have any idea who he?s meeting?? Adalia shrugged.

?No, I didn?t think he?d gotten around here enough to meet anyone.?

?Neither did I.? Jaina responded.

?Give him a break, he probably just flashed that famous Solo grin and found himself booked up for the next 6 standard months.? Kyp said as he pushed his plate aside.

?And if he lives by your rules, he?s going to be living a very wild life for that time as well.? Adalia said as she collected his plate and that of Jaina. Kyp gave her a look of mock hurt and she rolled her eyes. Jaina began to stand.

?Well, I think I might go and join the party in the lounge.? Adalia put the plates in the cleaning droid.

?You don?t have to go.? She said turning to face her friend. Jaina was looking at Kyp.

?Oh, I think I do. Night you two, and don?t do anything I wouldn?t do.? She started to leave.

?Leaves us wide open then!? Kyp said with a grin. Jaina walked behind him and gently clipped the back of his head.

?Ow!? Adalia laughed, Jaina was probably the only other person in the galaxy who would get away with that.

?Have fun Jaina.? She nodded and then left. Adalia came over to stand beside her husband. ?I hope that they don?t give her any trouble, they are reckless at times.? Kyp?s arms entwined around her waist and he pulled her down to sit on his lap.

?Jaina can handle herself, infact I pity anyone who crosses her. But, she is the least of my concerns right now.? She gave him a look of concern.

?Oh, you have other worries?? she asked innocently. He smiled.

?Probably, but right now I don?t particularly care about them.? He reached up with one hand and ran the back of his hand down her cheek, tracing her lips with the tips of his fingers. ?Right now I need to spend some quality time with my wife.? She gave him a warm smile.

?If that?s what the Great Jedi Master needs, who am I t

22. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    ?To friendships? she repeated, totally mesmerised.

?and maybe more, who knows.? He added.

Awww...How sweet!!!! [face_love]

:D

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I wonder what Jake and Rooty would say.... [face_devil] Guess we find out now!!!

Jake had been enjoying his freedom, sharing a drink, or three with he friends. When Adalia had walked in he?d thought the night was over, but was surprised when she?d spoken to the Imperial and then left. He was even more surprised to see Liania leaving with him. Had the galaxy gone mad?

??..Jay?? he?d only heard part of that and turned to face the speaker.

?Pardon?? Rooty grinned,

?This galaxy Jake, try and stay in this galaxy. Have you seen Jay?? Jake blinked as he dragged his thoughts back to the conversation at hand.

?No?not for a bit. She left around an hour ago, said she had something to do.? Rooty frowned.

?We are having a party! What could she possibly have to do?? he said as he sat down and put his drink down in front of him. Jake shrugged.

?How should I know.? He grunted.

?Well she?s missing a good party, our party!! Let?s go and find her!? Rooty said with a huge grin on his face. Jake was still pre-occupied but got up just the same.

?Sure, why not.? The pair wandered out of the lounge leaving the laughter behind them.

?Can you sense her?? Rooty asked as he stumbled slightly. He wasn?t old enough to drink ale but he?d been a little sneaky and taken two. It was going to his head.

?Not yet??.are you ok?? Jake asked as he grabbed at Rooty?s jacket.

?Yeah, I?m fine. You?? he smothered a laugh. Jake frowned, he was sure Rooty had drunk something he shouldn?t have now.

?How much did you drink?? Rooty pulled away sharply.

?None!!!? He was clearly lying and Jake scowled at him. ?Well, maybe one or two?.? He confessed after a few moments.

?Come on, how about we turn in for the night?? Jake said hoisting Rooty up again as he?d begun to slide down the wall.

?NO! I want to find Jay! She?s missing the party!? Rooty protested pulling himself free of his friend and attempting to straighten his uniform. Jake sighed,

?Ok, then will you go to bed?? Rooty grinned.

?As soon as Jay has joined the party!? Jake didn?t believe his friend for a second but gave him a nod anyway. Reaching out through the Force he sensed Jay?s presence, in the Hanger. He wondered immediately why she would be there.

?She?s in the hanger bay, and she seems pretty happy.? A thought occurred to him. ?I hope she hasn?t tried to re-wire her X Wing?Come on Rooty, if she?s done that we?re gonna be up all night fixing it.?

?..ooo0ooo?..

Jay closed her eyes and gently put her head on Jacens shoulder. The music had been a good idea she?d decided as he held her and danced slowly with her. She?d admired him for so long from afar and never dreamed he?d ever notice her, let alone want to dance with her. She breathed in deeply, feeling happier than she?d felt in a very long time.

?This is nice.? He said softly into her hair.

?Mmmm, it is.? She answered simply. She had no idea where this would lead, but for the moment she was happy. Leaving the party had been easy, she?d expected her friends to stop her, but when Rooty didn?t she?d felt a sense of relief. She has suspected for a while now that both Jake and Rooty felt more for her than she could offer them, they were her friends and always would be, nothing more.

?Do you have to get up early in the morning?? Jacen asked quietly.

?No, our XO has put me on late patrol, so I can sleep in if I want to.?

?That helps?? She pulled away to look at him.

?Why?? He gazed into her dark eyes.

?I?ll probably be pulling out soon, Kyp was just defending Adalia and Jaina and I just came to make sure he didn?t loose it.? Jay felt her heart sink a little.

?He didn?t need you to do that, I thought it was clear Adalia has control there.? Jacen smiled.

?It would seem so?I knew she had something over him, but never knew what.? They both chuckled.

?But you didn?t explain why??

?Because I like being with you, and well, if I?m leaving soon, I want to spend as much time as I can with you?.if that?s ok?? Her heart

24. Ireth_Tasartir

Oct 17, 2003
    Ohoh...Is he goin' to fight Jacen??? Bad,bad choice...Very bad!!!! [face_devil]

You love cliffies, don't you??? ;)

25. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Great posts. A fight coming up. Hmm I wonder who will win. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.