main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Anakin Kill Padme?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Quoru, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Possiblely. Mabe thats why he saves Luke from the Emporer in ROTJ. He can not stand to see it happen again.

But he would have done it himself. Look at how many times he tried to kill his own son.

2. darthtj

darthtj Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2002
    If he does like the idea of Anakin killing her by accident. This is why he says Anakin Skywalker has no meaning to him. His failure to keep the ones he loved ultimately will be his downfall. Otherwise I can't see it happening. My prefernce is a rogoue jedi kills her,( and Anakin blames the entie jedi order for this and with palpitines help vows to get revenge

3. LordRomeinp

LordRomeinp Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes Because in Star Wars Return of the Jedi Liea tells Luke her mother was killed went liea was realy young.

4. shadow_angel13

shadow_angel13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2002
    Maybe Padme had Luke & Leia already. She stays with Leia for a while after Anakin becomes Vader. Padme thinks she can turn him back, but the Emporer catches her first.Then he takes her to Vader and tells him that if he can watch her die he is truely a sith.

Or When Palpatine catches her, he kills her and tells Vader it was the jedi.So he kills them all.

5. defnop234

defnop234 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2002
    No.in fact i do believe dehrian is on to something,the true parallel of the 2 trilogies for me will be that in order stop someone he loves from dying he turns to the dark side of the force where as in ep6 rotj he turns away from the dark side for the same reason.

Because padme does not make it into the o.t. most ppl r assuming she crokes.couple that w/leia`s memories of her being sad and she must of died,well, not necessarily,her sadness i think is because padme knows anakin turned to the dark side and became darth vader.

what makes her truly sad is she knows it was because he did so to prevent her from dying.

Anakin is then confronted by obi-wan and the ensuing duel takes place the result of which is anakin physically becomes vader.

It is only when anakin is willing to let go of his emotions and accept change that he finally brings balance back to the force and fullfill the prophesy and he only does this when his son luke does what he didn`t,resist the dark side.

for me the most important line in aotc was when anakin tells padme ''sometimes we must put away are pride and do what is requested of us''.

he himself finally does this at the end of jedi when he lets go of the things he cannot change.

for me the true irony of this is that by doing so he reverts back to who he originally was anakin skywalker.by not accepting change he changes,when he does accept he becomes who he was all along.
    kinda funny when u think about it.

6. shadow_angel13

shadow_angel13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2002
    That's possible too. We won't know for certin until May 2005.

7. Darth_Boba_Fett1983

Darth_Boba_Fett1983 Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2003
    I was reading the "Will Anakin stop loving Padme when he becomes Vader?" thread. that thread was about Anakin loving Padme after he becomes Vader.

So I wonder will Anakin/Vader kill Padme after the twins are born? Or will he not because of his love for her?

8. Tigue

Tigue Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    In ancient Greek mythology, a person?s right arm was symbolic of good while their left arm was symbolic of evil. As observed within these forums, much of the imagery and storytelling in Star Wars is thoroughly rooted myth. It?s been pointed out, with a certain degree of agitation in some cases, that Anakin?s robotic/whatever right arm was blatantly put on display during the wedding scene. I submit that there?s more to the final scene in AOTC than one can simply observe. In fact, Lucas is quite clearly defining a powerful bond between Anakin and Padme.

George Lucas wasn?t simply saying ?Hey, lookie here ? Ani?s got a creepy robotic right arm now! He?s turning into Darth Vader already! It?s just so cool!? Instead, Lucas was openly noting Padme?s unconditional acceptance of and love for Anakin. Despite Skywalker?s self-induced suffering (as Lucas puts it, his inability to ?let go?) and his subsequent separation from good (symbolized in the loss of his right arm), Padme loves him. She already suspects the depths of his misery, perhaps more so than was let on in the ?truth telling? session that followed the ?private? massacre on Tatooine.

Ultimately, you?ll have a hard time convincing me that Padme would ever betray Anakin. I think Lucas will intend for the audience to primarily sympathize with these two characters in episode three, and it will perhaps be done in such a way that anyone who acts against the lovers will be perceived as bad/questionable. It?s further my suspicion that the Jedi will in some way act ?against? Anakin and Padme, which would then perhaps explain the recent comment made by Lucas that the good guys and bad guys will seem indistinguishable.

You can further note Lucas?s use of right/left arm good/evil symbolism in the Empire Strikes Back. When Vader urges Luke to rule the galaxy with him as ?father and son?, he extends his left arm to Luke ? which couples a symbolism of evil with his proposal. This illustrates the depths to which Vader has fallen, yet upholds Lucas? themes of duality at a more subtle level. Vader forces Luke into a hopeless situation and offers him a proposal that is pure evil, yet only because (as Luke states in ROTJ) he can?t bring himself to destroy his son, (at the time) his only binding to what was once good in his life.

Ah well. I went on a little bit of a tangent towards the end. The bottom line is, I?ll not be easily convinced that Padme will turn against Anakin (or vise versa). However, I don?t doubt in the least that they shall each be, in part, the source of each others misery.

Best regards,

-Tigue

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I agree with that and what dehrian, Anakin will turn to the Dark Side out of fear for Padme. Her fate and his lack of control over it, coupled with his failure with Shmi, will lead his to become Vader.

10. Bootsy

Bootsy Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2002
    I think people have made some compelling points about the mythology here - one more thing to remember: Leia represented Nature ("Organa", the only humanoid the ewoks trust, etc.) just as feminity represent nature in so many mythologies. Padme (as her mother, also representing nature) is Anakin's potential salvation as he turns into a machine.
    Just a thought.

11. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    I can't see him killing Padme. After what happened to the other female in his life I doubt he would purposely do something like that.

12. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Although I agree with a lot of these posts, I don't know exactly what I think though ;)

I have a feeling Padme will have a huge part in Anakin Skywalker turning into Darth Vader. Personally, I have a feeling it will be her Death. Darth Sidious organizes her death, Emperor Palpatine tells Anakin Skywalker it is the Jedi's Fault, or something along those lines.

Well, just me babbaling on again... [face_plain]

13. jedilucass

jedilucass Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2002
    Here's my thoughts on the whole anakin and padme thing... please don't yell at me! *hides from potential flames*
    I think that it's going to take something really big to make Anakin truely hate Obi-Wan... enough to figh him to the death. The love triangle thing is interesting. I think it is going to happen, but not in the way everyone things. I think that Padme and Obi-Wan become good friends... and Anakin, who is already feeling rather bad because he's not as powerful as he wants to be, begins getting the idea that padme is cheating on him. Which isn't true at all, it's just anakin's view on it.. (recall Qui-Gon's comment about it being the truth... but only from your point of view.) Which leads to a huge fight between anakin and obi wan...
    that taken care of, the entire idea that padme is killed by anakin doesn't seem right. Anakin, above everything else, loves padme. And the entire her being sick thing seems very plausable.
    So, there are my somewhat odd thoughts on the subject.

14. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    What if Anakin or Vader ACCIDENTALY kills Padme?????????????????????

15. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    I really don't think that Anakin Skywalker / Darth Vader would "accidently" killed Padme... It just seems really unlikely.

Just my opinion, but it would take a lot away from the storyline... [face_plain]

16. MaximusDecimus

MaximusDecimus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    I think that Padme will die because of some plot that Palpatine has constructed to finalize the fate of both Empire(a kick ass Sith Lord to lead them)and Anakin(the one who will lead them). Because she dies, Palpatine blames something the Jedi did or didn't do, more specifically, something Obi-Wan did......Either way she's dead very soon after she gives birth.

17. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    I think that Padme will die because of some plot that Palpatine has constructed to finalize the fate of both Empire(a kick ass Sith Lord to lead them)and Anakin(the one who will lead them).

Exactly what I think will happen.

Emperor Palptine will organize the Death of Padme. It will most likely be Palpatine getting a Bounty Hunter to kill her
    ( This could possibly be the "new bad guy" in Episode III. Something along the lines of Zam Wesell in Attack of the Clones ).

Either that, or he will end up doing it himself. ( There was some disscussion about Emperor Palpatine doing it once before, as Darth Vader gave him "a look" in Return of the Jedi, as though he had done it to someone else Darth Vader / Anakin had cared about ?[face_plain] ).

I won't go on from there, because this isn't Padme's Fate thread, but all in all, I don't think it would be Anakin...

Oh well though, I never know :)

18. JEDIWBEAR

JEDIWBEAR Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    No NO No!

Dooku has already tried to kill Padme several times, I think Anakin may witness Padme's death, but I don't think he will kill her.

19. MaximusDecimus

MaximusDecimus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    That may be the point when Anakin goes completely crazy and goes to the Dark side, much like when Vader threatend to take Leia to the Dark Side. Dooku kills padme in front of Anakin. It pushes Anakin over the edge, but unlike luke, he doesn't stop.

20. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    ANAKIN WILL NOT KILL PADMÉ!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    If Padme dies (and while I think she will die before the OT, I don't think it will be in III), but nevertheless, if she dies, it will be at the hand of Palpatine in a scene very similar to ROTJ, except Vader watches and does nothing.

As to the argument that Anakin loves her so he won't kill her, unfortunately, people do kill those they love on purpose. Anakin has a temper that blinds him to reason. (I don't think we'll see this version though.)

22. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    To see what would cause the transformation into Vader, watch ROTJ. Fear leads to anger, leads to hate. Luke almost turned to protect his loved ones, since he felt he wasn't strong enough to save them. Sound familiar? Anakin already demonstarted what it will take to use the Dark Side once. Now there's the continued threat towards his wife. And Anakin will choose the quick and easy path, to save her and to take out all threats to his happiness.

23. JEDIWBEAR

JEDIWBEAR Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    So do you think Luke learned from his father's mistake?

Without Luke, could Anakin fulfill his destiny as the chosen one?

hmmm......

24. Avenger104

Avenger104 Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2001
    Would you kill your love?

25. shinjo_jedi

May 21, 2002
    Hm... Interesting idea darth-sinister :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.