Will Anakin Kill Padme?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Quoru, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clone3131 Force Ghost

star 4
    thats a good point pete, he was totally confused about the images of cloud city and maybe its a parallel to leia and her visions of a kid-

but, i think it will be a total cop out and lame if the "force" card is played for this. I think lucas will have a better explanation.
  2. Funker_Pete Jedi Master

star 4
    I actually don't think it'll be a cop-out.

It'll be one more way for Leia to show how powerful (and unique) she really is while never actually knowing.
  3. dr_funkenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    Different Jedi have different strengths and weaknesses.

Master Yoda's is wisdom.
    Master Windu's is power.
    Master Obi-Wan's an all-rounder.
    Jocastu Nu's is, um, the dewey-decimal system...
  4. Funker_Pete Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin's is anger management...

:p
  5. clone3131 Force Ghost

star 4
    i am starting to come around to the fact that leia's "mind powers" might be strong. She can hear luke/ visions of her mom when she was little/

BuT, i think its all for not- as i dont think padme is dying in ep III.

the only way i can see it possible is in the scenerio brought forth by a fan's script or fact page-

where anakin feels betrayed by padme, force cholkes her, ob1 saves her from the choke- but she falls and mortally injures herself. soonafter ob1 and padme escape and the babies are removed and she dies.

i cant see to much else than something like that happening.
  6. dr_funkenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    Well considering that fan script you're referring to was based pretty much on confirmed spoilers, then that's probably how it's going to pan out.
  7. clone3131 Force Ghost

star 4
    well, than that would be pretty sweet, but i think gl will chicken out.
  8. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    It would make the movie that much 'darker' to have Anakin responsible, because it would show how 'twisted and evil' he becomes.
  9. ogilbyb Jedi Master

star 4
    I doubt it will happen. GLs going to stay true to the character of Anakin/Vader.
  10. DJSPYNLL Jedi Master

star 4
    Dehrian edit: Content removed.
  11. Tyranus_Rex Jedi Padawan

I think Anakin will kill Padme, that would make Ep. III a whole lot darker and it backs up a statement GL made about this movie in a interview I can't remember. In it he said that "I have to tell the story, the only thing is whether people will stand for it." and he always mentioned that this movie will make the least amount at the box office. I think I remember this interview from Vanity Fair with HC and NP on the cover.
  12. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I think people will put more stock into it, than is necessary. *shrugs*

Also, Leia said that her mom died when she was young. Alderaan is not young, it's four years ago. Young is when she's an infant or toddler.
  13. PMT99 Force Ghost

star 4
    From pg. 37,

"You don't know Anakin very well do you."

I know him well enough to know that he wasn't able to kill his own son so there's no reason to believe that he would kill his wife.

"To refresh the spoilers, the injuries that Anakin causes on Padme are what leads to her death."

Yes, but how could Luke and Leia have survived the injuries that Padme recieved? Any type of accident would've cause a pregnant woman to have a miscarriage which would kill the unborn child.
  14. Nubby-one Jedi Knight

star 1
    From what spoilers I have read, yes he kills her.
  15. D_Lowe Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It seems very fitting that Anakin ends up killing Padme. Of all people to do it, I prefer it to be Anakin because it shows us where his countenance is at.
  16. AL Chosen One

star 5

Padme: You once thought I was beautiful.

Anakin: Honey, you got real ugly.

Anakin promptly force chokes Padme

And don't say I never give you such awesome script samples.
  17. Sith_revengist Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, but how could Luke and Leia have survived the injuries that Padme recieved? Any type of accident would've cause a pregnant woman to have a miscarriage which would kill the unborn child.

She's unlikely to miscarry when she's in the final term of pregnancy - if the babies are born due to the injuries then it's a premature delivery, nothing else. They may well be removed by ceasarian.

Vader could easily have killed Luke, it was Luke sparing him and then calling out to him when the Emperor unleashed his lightening that turned him back to the light side.

I love the little line in ROTJ when Vader says "It is too late for me, my son". It suggests that Vader has done something so unspeakable that he truly believes he is beyond saving. And aside from all the jedi killing he's done through the years, the one thing Vader would never forgive himself for would be killing Padme (or rather attacking her, causing the injuries that lead to her death).
  18. Darthoffski Jedi Master

star 4
    The fact he can't kill his own son has no bearing on whether or not he kills padme.

But, the other way round, if he has caused padme's death, it makes the danger for luke seem greater, and the fact that he doesn't kill luke is amplified in terms of drama.

Post PT, the OT will be ALL about 'is history going to repeat itself' particularly when Luke gives in to the dark side in ROTJ.

19. Child_of_the_70s Jedi Knight

star 3
    Man o man...

Seems the analysis is getting a little convoluted here. Best not to think too "fan-like" in terms of such simple questions. Will Anakin kill Padme? No way to answer definitively yet.

However, is Anakin capable of killing Padme? Sure seems like it. Instead of looking at loads of minutae that GL never meant to be examined so closely, let's look at the big clues he's dropped which indicate the path Anakin is likely to take. Episodes I and II have established that Anakin doesn't think rationally where Padme is concerned. He goes on emotion. Ep. II also established that Anakin is prone to fits of temper and losing control.

So, what does this portend? Nothing more than the foundation has been laid for Anakin striking out against Padme. Does this mean it a certainty? Of course not. But it's also not inconsistent with what he's done before. And I really think it's somewhat myopic to think otherwise, that is that it is impossible for Anakin to commit such deeds. The scenes mentioned above were included for a reason, and that is likely to prepare us for the horrible things Anakin will do in III.

And for the camp that seems to fear this outcome because it somehow makes Anakin an "irredeemable wife-beater," I'm at a loss. Even assuming the absolute worst (i.e. he smacks Padme around in her apartment and tells her to lose some weight) THIS is what makes him a character you can no longer care about? Not the countless other atrocities he's involved in? Seems a bit of a departure from the standard moral priorities that most of the world holds, but I guess that's your right.
  20. clone3131 Force Ghost

star 4
    Anakin wont kill Padme and here is why

The argument on the table is that leia, via the force, will remember images of her mother and that luke wont remember his mother because he was wisked away. Here's why that cant happen:

From the OS, the DB for vader clearly states:
    "Obi-Wan Kenobi hid the CHILDREN [not child] from the Dark Lord and Vader's master, Emperor Palpatine."

So how come Leia doesnt remember OB1?

How come Leia doesnt remember she has a brother? I would imagine in a months time she would have seen him. And if she can comprehend that the girl was her mother, she can comprehend she has a brother.

How come Leia doesnt know of Luke? I would imagine in a month's time someone would of said the kids name?

How come Leia doesnt know her name is Skywalker, like her Twin brother?

The theory that Leia remembers her mother via the force just has too many holes with information we know.

Dont get me wrong- kill padme. I think it would be great for the story, but i dont think its going to happen...
  21. Child_of_the_70s Jedi Knight

star 3
    From the OS, the DB for vader clearly states:
    "Obi-Wan Kenobi hid the CHILDREN [not child] from the Dark Lord and Vader's master, Emperor Palpatine."

Entries on the OS are subject to change. (Several were changed after the release of AOTC to compensate for inconsistencies with the movie) So, we can't rely on them when attempting to figure out the course of events in III.
  22. 2Cleva Force Ghost

star 4
    So how come Leia doesnt remember OB1?

Why would she? Not close to the same attachment than a child realizing her mother (who she's been inside for 9 months)

How come Leia doesnt remember she has a brother? I would imagine in a months time she would have seen him. And if she can comprehend that the girl was her mother, she can comprehend she has a brother.

She did realize. Just as Luke realized right away who is sister was.

I know. Somehow, I've always known.

How come Leia doesnt know of Luke? I would imagine in a month's time someone would of said the kids name?

Who would say? Only Bail, Yoda, and Obi know the truth. They'd die before they told another soul.

How come Leia doesnt know her name is Skywalker, like her Twin brother?

Because her name was changed to that of her adopted father.

The theory that Leia remembers her mother via the force just has too many holes with information we know.

No more holes than most of the canon.

Dont get me wrong- kill padme. I think it would be great for the story, but i dont think its going to happen...

Don't bet on it at all. You can't handle the truth though.
  23. clone3131 Force Ghost

star 4
    It still sounds very far fetched to me, and i think we will get a better explanation than "the force". But then again a muppet using his mind to move a ship isnt exactly tangible either....

I guess we'll find out in a year and some months, but i dont think this is how leia will remember her mom.

But, back to Anakin killing Padme, im going to go find the article that says Padme isnt going to die...

Ill be back.
  24. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    There is no article. We've been told that there is a funeral on Naboo. It was the real deal and not an empty coffin. Natalie Portman was already done filming, by then, if I recall. The rumors of alternate endings don't appear to be true, as no one else has talked of them. And we've been told that all of the major questions will be tied up.

We've been told that Padme is injured and the trip off Mustafar isn't helping. Our heroes touch down on a friendly planet and they are forced to deliever the twins, to save their lives. They're still not due to be born yet, so there is a rush to save them. The twins are born and Padme manages to talk to Obi-wan, before she dies. Vader wakes up to find that she is dead and the child with her, so he lashes out with the Force, destroying the medical facility. After that, the scene shifts to Naboo and Padme's funeral.
  25. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Has Portman had any say in her character? (not that it matters, as Ford wanted Han to die in RotJ).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.