Speculation Will Anakin Solo be in Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by jacobskywalker1980, Nov 27, 2012.

1. stellarmagic01 Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought Jaina and Jacen had some potential in the NJO series, the whole thing with making Jacen introverted and curious about the nature of the force itself was fascinating... Then Jaina sort of following in the footsteps of Luke and Han with being a pilot was something of a nice contrast. It just all went nuts later with making Jacen go evil...

I think the twins are more likely to be utilized then Anakin, maybe they can make him something of a composite with Ben Skywalker or something.
    DarthRelaxus likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    I thought I had a pretty good idea "who Jaina was" by the end of the NJO.

LOTF completely destroyed that characterization, KT being the most egregious offender.
  3. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I didn't think so, personally. That "sword of the Jedi" thing is total nonsense when its a Jedi who's spent most of her career in her brother's shadow and/or piloting an X-Wing, and it got really stupid in LOTF with her having to kill Jacen.
    DarthRelaxus likes this.
  4. stellarmagic01 Force Ghost

star 4
    Karen Traviss tends to be the biggest offender for most things... everything is warrior this, warrior that. I'm sorry I prefer Jaina Solo to be the mechanically oriented pilot jedi ace then the Mandalorian trained 'sword of the jedi' that she became.

And don't get me started on killing Mara Jade with poison! Good lord, I think if Mara was fighting for her life Luke would you know, show up, and kick Jacen from one end of the galaxy to the other. Did everyone forget the whole force bond they had or what? I honestly wouldn't be angry if all of KT's work ended up being shifted to N or S canon.
    DarthRelaxus likes this.
  5. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Well, as much as I enjoy complaining about LOTF, lets keep this out of KT territory.
  6. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    No Anakin Solo won't be in it - he died in the EU at George Lucas's request - George didn't want two Anakin's floating around in various books so the same will sort of apply to the movies .
    Last edited by chris hayes, Nov 27, 2012
  7. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    Why did he allow Leia's son to be named Anakin in the first place? He knew he was going to make prequels, if not sequels.
  8. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    They should call him what Han wanted to name him: Han Solo Jr.
    DarthBoba likes this.
  9. Plebeian Jedi Master

star 1
    Probably so he could die, and cause emotional turmoil among the main characters.
  10. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    FTFY
  11. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Because the EU isn't that big a deal and probably wanted to keep all the good character names secret.
  12. -NaTaLie- Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't mind a character named Anakin in the new trilogy that makes all the right choices.