main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Will and Kristin

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Meriwyn, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    This is all you guys!

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Did_You_Meet_That_Special_Someone_Through_TheForceNet_107890.asp

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    That should be a cool article when they get all the results in. Wouldn't be surprised if there were a fair number of couples who've gotten together as a result of this site. Then if people harass me about having wasted one-third of my life on a Star Wars board, I can remind them that I might get married as a result of what goes on here. :p

3. LadySith

LadySith Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2000
    To really be accurate,

The original DMEB gets more credit for starting this group and as a result causing Will and Kristin to meet.

You see, before there was a FanForce, a rather unusual online group dedicated to Darth Maul met an abrupt demise. Alan and I along with Eric and Zippy concieved the notion of starting a local fangroup comprised of people we had met and remained friends with during the first New York Line (back when it was cool) It was only after we were well into our plans that Alan suggested we use FanForce as vehicle to promote our group locally. We actually had members who never even came to this site. I was hesitant, as I had never liked the politics of The Force Net, but I recognizd a good tool when I see one. So TFN played a role in their meeting, (as well as Dion and Tanya) It really is more of a credit to the demise of the DMEB and even the OLD NY Line.

4. MerlynNY

MerlynNY Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    More specificly, I do beleive that both Tanya and I, and Will and Kristin met at the EPII Imax Charity Premiere.

I was there with the rest of the members of the 501st, and Tanya was there as Fanforce :) The rest, as they say, is history :)

5. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I think it's really cool that Will and I, and Dion and Tanya both met on the same day at the same event :D Was it your TK bucket Dion that had lipstick all over it from Tanya lol?

6. MerlynNY

MerlynNY Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2002
    Yup, very cool actually. Some folks can't remember where they met their husband or wife for the first time.. I don't think that'll ever be a problem for any of us!

LOL.. .actually no, it wasn't. I think it was Hector's stormtrooper bucket :p

But it was that meeting that put us together :)

7. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    As an aside on important things that happened at that event, it was also my 21st birthday. There was a lot of things happening that day. LOL

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Wait a minute... original DMEB? I seem to remember that being around well after the advent of FanForce, unless we're talking about different incarnations of the site. Nic (from TFN) was the first webmaster, right?

9. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    None of which you can remember because you were too busy doing Jenna Bush impressions! [face_laugh]

[image=http://www.depresident.com/gallery/overflow/Drunk_Jenna_Bush.jpg]

I kid, I kid! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.