main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will ANH Seem A Bit Void When The Saga Is Complete?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Esperanza_Nueva, Aug 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esperanza_Nueva

Esperanza_Nueva Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 23, 2003
    ok.. dont get me wrong.. i love ANH.. i think it is perfect as it is and shouldnt be changed.. but the one thing that is different about ANH than all the other movies is that Palpatine and Yoda, two important characters included in all the other films, are not in it. Do you think that these 2 characters will be missed in ANH by someone viewing the saga 1-6? Would it cause a little confusion to some1 seeing the saga for the first time?

2. TheHorrorNerd

TheHorrorNerd Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 18, 2002
    I was thinking the same thing... and also the suprise when Yoda is testing Luke in ESB is spoiled...

3. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I think Lucas will film a scene when Palpatine disbans the senate. It will be in ANH DVD. Also there will be a scene with Bail Organa just before Alderaan is destroyed.
    Not having Yoda in ANH makes sense. Ben trained Luke in ANH and Yoda trains him in TESB after Ben is dead. Yoda makes a great entrance in TESB after Ben introduces his character to us the audience and Luke.

4. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I think people will be taken aback (I think that's the term). But they are secondary characters, and ANH had to set up a whole slew of primary characters, so I think they'll be ok.
    Plus, they do return in the next one, so all's well.

5. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I won't have a problem with it because, as I see it, neither character is needed in order to tell the story that EPISODE IV has to tell.

6. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I think that after the darkness we'll get in Episode III, plus the (assumedly) large role of Palpatine, Episode IV will seem a bit like a breath of fresh air. All the darkness will keep building up, and then we'll get a bit of a break from it for a while.

There doesn't need to be a scene with Palpatine disbanding the Imperial Senate, how the heck would that work? Him standing there and saying "Senate, you're now disbanded. Everyone go home." I mean, it just wouldn't seem right. And the second trilogy is where the polical scene leaves and the war steps in, obviously more so than AOTC, since it's still a political war.

As to Yoda, I imagine Episode III will leave us with the sense that he's gone into hiding, at least I hope it does. We'll know he's out there somewhere, just waiting until Luke comes along.

7. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    I think ANH is perfectly fine, no need to add any scenes.

8. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    ANH is perfect and needs no changes.

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    and also the suprise when Yoda is testing Luke in ESB is spoiled...

It's replaced by the surprise that Yoda has become completely insane. ;)

10. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    ^ :D Crazy Yoda is well funny

11. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    It would be cool to have a new scene in ANH with Yoda meditating on Dagobah and then he senses the Death Star destroying Alderaan and has a conversation about it with the ghosts of Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn.

12. Benny_Blanco

Benny_Blanco Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2002

Hasn`t anyone considered that we (the audience) may believe that Yoda is dead at the end of Ep III? GL may well leave it TOTALLY ambigious at the end.

13. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I think it'll be alright.
    It'll be like a pause after the (probably) big destruction of Episode 3. Time to catch up on how things have moved on since, and to introduce the new characters etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.