main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will any of the original cast be digitally altered for a flashback scene?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by spacename_the_name, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    If these new rumors of the flashback scene containing Vader are accurate, then someone tall would need to portray Vader.

Of the known cast these persons have adequate height to portray Vader - Adam Driver, Domhnall Gleeson, Gwendoline Christie and Max Von Sydow.

Which would\could portray Vader?

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    All of the above. Muppet man.

3. Big Jim Slade

Big Jim Slade Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2014

hahahaaa yuuuup.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yeah, I would not be at all surprised if this happens-at least a bit. They did this in The Hobbit for Galadriel, Legolas (the most obvious one), I believe Frodo, and possibly a couple others, in order to undo their aging over the last 10 years so their character looks the same. Seemed okay, there-but then again, makeup can do amazing things these days as well.

I don't think they would use one of the main cast. [face_thinking] I don't see why they'd just get some non-familiar actor just to wear the suit-and for no other reason, a sort of modern-day David Prowse...

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Actually I do not think Nathan looks much like Mark outside of his jawline, but I also say no thanks for digital face lift flashbacks. Which at this point, I am sure they can do.

I was perfectly fine with what JJ did in the first Trek, Nimoy as older Spock and using the younger Spock for the flashback stuff.

6. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Please, no prosthetics or digital face-altering (and do away with digital doubles, while you're at it). IMO, that stuff was part of what made the Hobbit films looks so false.

7. VonDizzler

VonDizzler Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    I really hope there isn't a flashback scene. Not because of the technology behind but story wise it would be a bit jarring. Star Wars has always had a very linear narrative structure, it would be strange to have a flashback sequence in a Star Wars movie.

Dewback and Darth PJ like this.
  8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    exactly. it would be cool if it was like a Holofilm or something.

Dewback likes this.
  9. Teaser Day

Teaser Day Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    [​IMG]

Oh, wait....

HL&S likes this.
  10. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Yeah I have to say that I'm not in favour of flashbacks. I don't think it's part of SW's storytelling aesthetic and it's a rather predictable cinematic cliche now.

11. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012

Unless they have unused footage from the OT that was never used and somehow fit into the plot...

12. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I was just about to say that. There has never been a single flashback in a Star Wars film, and I don't want them to break the tradition/mold. I already fear this will be a bad fan film.

13. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh well, don't go and see it then. And stop posting on the TFA boards. Job done and happy days :)

propeller likes this.
  14. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    I'll have to see if there are any flashbacks first. Or how else they can screw it up.

15. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Well it appears you fear TFA will be a bad fan film. Everyone else is excited for it. So what's the point? The way you're going on, you may aswell just go and cuddle your PT DVD collection and let the rest of us get on with looking forward to the film and the story continuing.

16. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    I have no need for a PT DVD collection. I cuddle my sweet, sweet Complete Saga Blu-Ray set.

17. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    So ARE you looking forward to TFA?

18. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    Very much so, but I'm just worried as a big Star Wars and George Lucas fan. I'm also a PT fan, and Disney hasn't been very respectful toward those.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  19. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    So just what exactly are you worried about?

20. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    Biggest thing is probably that it will be a bad movie. Then fanwanking OT nostalgia trip, and zero regard for the PT.

21. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Not sure this is the best thread for this guys...

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Hey man, could you do us a favor and dial down the comments like "fanwanking OT nostalgia trip"? You've been all over the boards today with comments similar to that, and it's just unnecessarily antagonistic. It invites argument instead of conversation. Pretty please, with a cherry on top?

23. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Just what exactly do you mean by zero regard for the PT? And fan ****ing for the OT? You know, you want to make these statements, but you divulge nothing in any detail to give anyone the chance to fully understand what you're going on about. You're hyperboling. With no substance at all to give any hint of credence to such claims. So?..

24. Seeker Of The Whills

Jan 20, 2015
    It's pretty simple. Lucas himself wanted to dial down the OT cast and focus on new characters. What does Disney do? Throws out that script in favor of a completely new one with OT cast upfront. Other examples are heavy focus on Millennium Falcon, unnecessary Vader appearance, etc. Even if they have a hell of a good reason to have Vader cameo as a flashback, does it warrant putting Vader helmets and other toys everywhere? It's simply for the sake of nostalgia and through that, money making. Not good film making.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    My 7 year old nephew disagrees with you.

Roger Goldleader likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.