main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Will Attack of the Clones considered a classic years from now?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by skyrimcat9416, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My statement stands.

2. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Honestly, I think Attack of the Clones is the least "classic" of the prequels, but hear me out. Opinions aside, it just fell right in the middle of things, and was overshadowed by TPM and ROTS. The most classic (IMO) is Revenge of the Sith; it was highly anticipated due to being the last of the Star Wars films, and was a big hit in theaters; it reached out to more of the older fans than the previous films, and is generally regarded higher. Next, I'd say is the Phantom Menace. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say this was one of the most hyped films of all time... enough said. Though it seems like as the middle entry, Attack of the Clones just doesn't have an iconic draw to it like the other films had, it's mainly remembered by casual viewers as merely a part of the Star Wars saga.

Honestly, I think the prequels may get that status someday, but they just didn't have the immediate appeal that the OT did. It's like with Tod Browing's "Freaks" - it was negatively received, and a commercial failure in 1932. Today? This film is viewed as a groundbreaking horror classic. My point is that it's still too early to judge these kinds of things; audiences will have a much different perspective of the series way down the line.

3. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I meant more about complaing IG88 being a over glorified prop and a stupid OT vs PT comparison. Dexter at least has a personality, lines, and some history in the film. All poor IG88 has going for it is looks.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I was thinking of:

but the OT also, should, when criticisms are to be made- be criticised politely - criticism is good, "bashing" is not - and it's up to us posters to keep it in mind every time we post.

son_of_skywalker03 likes this.
  5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Time this joins its evil twin, "Will AOTC still be rubbish in 25 years?".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.