main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Will Axia succeed in bringing Petra back from the dead? (Vic you cant vote, obviously)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Jul 11, 2003.

?

Will Axia succeed in bringing Petra back from the dead? (Vic you cant vote, obviously)

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
  3. You're doing what?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
  2. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I dont know how hard it is, but hey if anyone can do it, I'm sure its you....

3. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    Nah. I think you'll fail and she'll come back as a ghoul, zombie, or some sort of other undead monster. That would be funny.

4. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    not....really

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    You are all supposed to be voting yes. I know that wasn't clear but you may be impacting on my chi negatively. I WILL accomplish this.

6. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    pfft. If you don't think the undead version of a player character coming backa s a zombie to try to eat the delicious brains of the other player characters is funny, then you need to have you humor meter adjusted. Wow, that was a really long and awkward sentence.

7. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm hoping for Zombie Petra... so Axia, Foshe and Bann will have to kill her all over again... that would be SWEET!

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    There are no zombies in the SWU and it would be funny in a zombie movie.

9. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    i would say no, cause if a 4th lvl character can bring people back from the dead it would be abused badly and death would lose its sting.

10. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Don't listen to them... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

11. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I am not listening to them the infidels, they do not know all the resources at my disposal. She will be back

12. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002

Or will he mistakely bring Redd back?

[face_devil]

Now, that wouldn't be an abuse of level 4 power, would it?

MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA COUGH COUGH

13. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    yeah it still would be, lvl 4 is low to have power over death

14. JADED_JEDI

JADED_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    No offense Axia, but if Anikan couldn't do it for "mommy dearest", then i don't really think that you could do it (unless you rolled like a 150 or something).

15. Toku_Blint

Toku_Blint Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Even then it shouldn't be possible. If Pertra got -10 wound points, then she's dead as dead could be. There is no force in the Star Wars universe that can resurrect someone--even if you rolled five trillion.

16. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    But your WRONG!! I find your lack of faith disturbing, for I have done it! I ended up killing 500 people in the process but so be it. Petra is alive and soon she will wake.

I guess Anakin didnt think of that he just whined about "some day I will even stop people from dying". I, on the other hand was not there to prevent her death so I did the next best thing, reversed it.

and really this isnt about the numbers people it's about the story. And those of you that dont know the details I was pulling on more than my own level 4 forrce powers. I had several resources at me disposal that would have made this impossible other-wise

17. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    yeah, well... I don't think it should have been allowed to happen. I don't think it's good for the game to change the rules of the universe so radically. But that's just my opinion...

(While the plot IS pretty cool, that is also why I didn't like the introduction of Zonoma Sekot, however it was spelled, into the Star Wars universe either.)

18. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Just so all of you know, nobody in the group checked her vitals to tell if she was really dead. And Axia is right when s/he says there was more at her disposal than her own stats. Like mine and Foshe's life essence and the lives of hundreds of Theedians. No rules were really changed to do what was done.

19. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    I have never heard of "life essence" in star wars either. So that is introducing a factor that does not exist in the Star Wars universe.

But if she didn't really die, (i.e. she didn't get -10 wound points and therefore had "vital signs"), then Axia didn't really bring her back to life as Patra wasn't dead, was she? He merely speeded her recovery.

20. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    I'm just stating my opinion. I don't even play in that game, so it doesn't matter to me personally. Hopefully I'm not offending anyone. I'll shut up if I am

21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Well I'm all for introducing something new as long as its kept in check. Im sure this was a once-in-a-campaign kind of deal. Whats the point of playing if nothing new is going to happen? As long as no phasers are introduced I'm cool with that.

And as far as life essence is concerned there was one more item I was using that would allow me to do that. And Petra was TOTALLY dead. Vic was trying to pull a fast one. He ripped up her character sheet and everything. Plus I didnt come up with the bringing her back idea untill a day or two later. So she was dead, I brought her back and I will MAKE her wake up if I have to as well. Axia will not be denied. We will unite and with our allies Fosche and Bann we will destroy all those who oppose us!.... after I have a nap.

22. Toku_Blint

May 22, 2002
    Hmmm.... That's another point that I had thought about but didn't mention earlier.... It really isn't very fair for anyone else who dies. Now everybody will want to be resurrected!

And I'm not exactly against intruducing new things. Only things that change the way the universe works (and having power over death is definitely one of those things).

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yes, but again these were EXTREME circumstances. I risked EVERYTHING (and probably more) to bring Petra back. This will not happen for every or most likely any other character.

I caused the death of the person who killed Petra, Im sure Sam would like his character back but no one is going to try and do that. (Kind of hard when his heart is missing and sitting on his face in a alley in Theed anyway)

Right now, I couldnt duplicate what happened. It's impossible for me to do that.

24. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    It's all very interesting.

There is so much I would love to contribute to this, but I cannot without compromising the storyline of the game, but I will say this:

1. No one (in game) actually checked Petra's pulse to verify death.

2. If something seemingly impossible happens (to an out of game perspective- ingame characters don't know what the 'rules' or limits are), then it should make you wonder if you really have all the facts about what is really going on.

3. The GM can never cheat. The first rule of RPG's :) What he or she says, goes.

As for Axia and Petra, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Petra is supposed to write a recap of Saturday's events, so we can read up on it there.

25. Protoss72000

Dec 3, 2001
    actually i wouldnt want my character back, once my guy dies, he dies, i dont mind making new guys. I noticed your new sig, yeah for me :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.