main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will be get to see some intresting worlds?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by OldTimeFan, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    The Force Awakens did bring the fun back into Star Wars but it my opinion it dropped the ball on showing us something new.
    Even The Empire Strikes Back from 1980 showed us Cloud City on a gas giant planet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can the likes of this really compare to the above?
    [​IMG]

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Barring Tatooine and Bespin, I found Jakku far more interesting than the other examples you posted. So yes, it compares.

Plus, TFA is a story, not a travel commercial. It makes sense to start Rey off on a dusty, backwater, peripheral world so that when she finally makes her way into the wider world, there's a contrast (see her reaction to the green of Takodana, which says something about her isolation up to that point).

So I'm glad Abrams was thinking about telling a story, and commenting on character, via the kinds of planets he visited. Rather than your suggestion of simply...giving us interesting places.

Not to mention that Utapau is a horribly designed location which is far too visually cluttered, and Kamino, though it had promise as a design, was marred by bad CG water effects.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Man oh man do I hope they bring in some actually interesting worlds. Sadly since they are the whole "anti-CGI" propaganda kick, I suspect we will be seeing a lot more trees, snow, sand, and boring planets.

4. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I'd like to see some worlds in the Unknown Regions like Csilla,Zonama Sekot or those asteroids and moons that harbor the dark side with the communication labs that were mentioned in Aftermath or worlds in the Corporate Sector like Dellalt,Duroon,Dellalt or Ammund or worlds that were mentioned in the films OT like Dantooine with it's twin moons or Ord Mantell with it's multitude of 15 moons,Ithor with it's six moons and beautiful rain forests,Dathomir with it's 4 moons from the Legends novel The Courtship of Princess Leia and The Clone Wars animated series and of course Kessel where Han did the legendary Kessel Run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.