main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Ben be like Ankain?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lonewolf89, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Will Luke's son turn out to be like Anakin Solo?

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I certainly hope not. I'm hoping that he'll be like his father and Jacen.

3. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    i imagine Ben to be like his father when he was younger: impulsive and reckless, and idealistic to a fault. passed on from his grandfather, of course.

so yeah, i guess he would be like Anakin, thought i'm hoping he'll survive to learn some temperance.

4. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Unfortunately the little runt is going to grow up to be Anakin's replacement, because a character like him is needed in the series.

Edit: If you would care to read what we have said in terms of spoilers, you would know that what you posted is still one.

5. BoutyPunkrAurra

BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    i hope he does.

6. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Will Ben be dead by 18? Well, I won't say "I hope so" because people would get "cheesed off."

7. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Sorry... my bad. But the book is out now! Why would it be a SPOILER?!

8. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Because some ppl (like me) don't get the book in the first two days it's released. I know what happens but some folks think reading spoilers detracts from the book.

And Ben will definitely be an Anakin, for reasons I can't say because of the spoiler issue.

9. GS335

GS335 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    Of course he is going to be like Anakin. The writers are setting up Ben to be a replacement of that solo brat. Ben is going to be the next prodigy, whom will be very powerful, like his father and grandfather, and will someday help lead the Jedi. Do you really think that the EU writers would give such a role to a Solo, especially a little punk like Anakin Solo? I think that they want a Skywalker to have that role, especially someone who is directly related to Luke (son of Luke).

God bless :)

10. Asyr Handor

Asyr Handor Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 1999
    No one can or should replace Anakin Solo! :)

11. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm with you on that, Asyr.

12. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    I'd like to see some of Mara Jade in Little Ben, and I think this is what will set him apart from Anakin - but I agree, a character like anakin is needed in the series.

13. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Sorry, but for me, there'll never be another Anakin Solo. Solo was what his grandfather would have been if things had gone right. Ben will be..just Ben. Cool in his own way, but not another Anakin Solo-who was on his way to being right up there with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, and all the others.

14. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Good point, Asyr!

Actually, I'm hoping Ben will be his own character, with a little Luke and Mara thrown in. So long as he isn't kidnaped.

15. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001

I'm with everyone who said that Anakin Solo cannot be replaced. Ben should be nothing like him. I'm sure that the authors can come up with a personality all of his own.

16. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Anakin cannot be replaced, but I definately believe that Ben will be similar to him.

17. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Anakin was far too much like his grandfather. In my opinion, Jaina is the Solo brat most like a young Luke Skywalker, Jacen most like Luke the Jedi Master.

Ben should have his own personality.

18. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Jacen will succed Luke.
    Ben will turn to the Dark Side, aka Palpatine or Vader. It has to be....makes sense. Maybe if Jaina becomes a Dark Jedi permamnantely, Ben will be her apprentice ;)

19. GS335

GS335 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    I think that Ben is going to be the next prodogy, the next Anakin Solo. He is going to become even more powerful than Luke, one day. Why do you think that they killed good ol boy, Jimmy? They are replacing him, and they are using Ben to replace Jimmy. The EU writers really want Luke's son, Ben to lead the Jedi, not a Solo, and definately NOT Anakin Solo. It is so obvious why the writers killed Jimmy, it is ridculous. Jacen might lead the Jedi for the time being, after Luke steps down, but they are going to make it where Ben will be the ultimate Jedi, not Anakin Solo, and not Jacen Solo. I can easily see Jacen becoming like Obi Wan, or even Yoda to an extent, but I think that the EU writers are going to have Ben really take over someday, and take the Jedi Order to the next level.

God bless :)

20. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Ben will turn out like Ken Palpatine.

21. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    I have a feeling that Ben will unfortunatley suffer from uberkindenism, (wow, i made up a word :D ) but i think that he should and will get his own personality...a mix of luke and mara and han, is where i think that they will take him. He will probably be the strongest in the force...but besides that i hope he and anakin have very different personalities.

22. AthyraFire

AthyraFire Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    i think it's pretty funny that we're all trying to predict this kid's personality, and he's only a few months old. :) oh no, there are no high expectations hanging over Ben's head (heavy on the sarcasm)

23. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I've been out of touch with the NJO for a while. Luke and Mara have a child named Ben?

24. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Yes.

She became pregnant a short time before/during Balance Point. She has gives birth in Rebirth. :)

25. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    I hope Ben is like Anakin because he is the
    son of the greatest Jedi in galactic history.

I also think he will be the "best star pilot
    in the galaxy" like his grandfather and father as well since Luke had the vision of
    him piloting "a starship of strange design"
    in Rebirth. He will likely kick ass in lots
    of future space battles. Perhaps he will
    pilot the "starship of strange design"
    outside the galaxy and perhaps into another
    or maybe just into the Unknown Regions searching for new aliens and perhaps finding
    new awesome threats and teaming up with the
    Chiss to face the threats.

He will of course be a great warrior kicking
    ass in some fierce lightsaber duels.

I hope DR and LFL do a long of series of
    novels about Ben's adventures after NJO
    along with books set between Episode III
    and Episode IV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.