Speculation Will Ben Burtt work on the sound design of Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Obi-Wong, May 19, 2013.

1. Obi-Wong Jedi Knight

It appears Ben Burtt is still working as sound designer, as he just worked with JJ Abrams; he was sound designer for Star Trek Into Darkness; I was pleasantly surprised when I saw his name in the end credits, and I just found this article regarding his work on that film:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57584974-235/the-sounds-of-star-trek-this-man-makes-them-happen/

So Mr Burtt worked on all the Star Wars movies so far, and he just finish working with Abrams on his latest film; to me, there is a 99.9% probability, he will return to that galaxy far far away, and be sound designer on episode VII.

What do you guys think?
  2. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 7
    Yes, I hope he returns as the sound guy. He's brilliant at it. Legendary. But keep him away from the film editing bay.
  3. Hydro spanner Celt Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ben burtts sound design is as much a part of Star Wars as is the visuals , agreed keep him away from the editing suite
  4. Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The sounds - including music - are half the movie. BB and JW are essential to the Star Wars atmosphere. We can only hope that Ben is in the mood for this!

- There's something out there!
    - Just relax. Concentrate.

/LM
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I'm pretty sure he'll be back.
    He seems like a really cool guy, as well.
  6. Sistros Jedi Master

star 6
    I agree with ShaneP,

as long as he stays away from film Editing, AOTC was butchered like an ameteur wood cutter
  7. WatTamborWoo Jedi Knight

star 3
  8. Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5

This.
  9. Buddha Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Haven't the Editing team already been confirmed (Brandon/Markey) ?

That said, Star Wars sound = Ben Burtt. I'm sure he'll be our guy this time around as well.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.