main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Booker's new editorial for TheForce.net(another whinefest)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by waheennay, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    By the way, I think you need to change that signature. There's no way you'll be able to stop yourself from watching Episode III eventallly. Love the prequels or hate the prequels, it's the duty of every Star Wars fan to see this story to the end.

trust me, i have no interest in seeing episode III. from the spoilers ive heard/read about it to having seen what ive seen in the PT thus far, skipping episode III is a snap.

2. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    The principal point of Brooker's essay focus on the preservation of the truth in cinema. His thesis is that GL doesn't provide a good, clear, systematic line of reasoning for his changes...

Why should he have to?

And while we're at it, let's demand that the Tolkien estate release the "classic" version of The Hobbit before it was mindlessly butchered to fit in with the continuity of The Lord of the Rings. I also demand that any changes to The Lord of the Rings be fully documented and justified. Come on, people! Whose with me? We do have rights and we're not afraid to use them!

3. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    And while we're at it, let's demand that the Tolkien estate release the "classic" version of The Hobbit before it was mindlessly butchered to fit in with the continuity of The Lord of the Rings. I also demand that any changes to The Lord of the Rings be fully documented and justified. Come on, people! Whose with me? We do have rights and we're not afraid to use them!

=D=

4. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    Why should he have to?

You'd be surprised by the amount of support you'd get at a LOTR board, but that doesn't change what Lucas is doing. Nice attempt at a red herring though.

5. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Nice attempt at a red herring though.

I wouldn't call it a red herring personally, Loco ;) After all if George releases the O-OT then surely the Tolkien Estate is obliged to do the same. It's the least they could do considering Lucas is bowing to the established trend of releasing multiple versions of his movies for fan satisfaction, just like what many other filmmakers/studios have already done (as you've pointed out).

We can't let Tolkien's estate get off scott-free now can we? It's only fair ;) Likewise Spielberg SHOULD release the theatrical version of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", plus Stephen King should re-release his original versions of "The Gunslinger" and "The Stand" before his Dark-Tower Saga spoiled it all.

:D

6. Loco_for_Lucas

Aug 15, 2002
    Like I said, wrong forum. So it is still a red herring. ;)

7. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Oh so the "everyone else has released multiple versions of their movies, why the hell can't you" argument has no application when it comes to Lucas refusing to release the O-OT? I understand now. ;)

8. Loco_for_Lucas

Aug 15, 2002
    I've never really subscribed to that mentality myself, I figure it's something Lucas should do regardless of what's going on around him.

9. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    And naturally because Lucas doesn't go against the grain that you expect him to, he must ergo be quite the moron. ;) Fair enough, those are the rules you live by then that's cool. ;)

10. Loco_for_Lucas

Aug 15, 2002
    You got the moron part right, thanks. ;)

11. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    Dr. E

So twenty years from now, Lucas still hasn't released the theatrical versions of the Star Wars movie, and you'll have never seen Episode III.

If you can do it, more power to you. But I don't think you can. :) By fall of 2005, you'll rent it and watch it just out of curiosity.

12. Loco_for_Lucas

Aug 15, 2002
    Doubting him only gives him the strength to actually pull it off. :p

13. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    If you can do it, more power to you. But I don't think you can. By fall of 2005, you'll rent it and watch it just out of curiosity.

i am about as curious to see episode III as i am to see the last Olsen Twins movie. in other words, not at all.

14. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Even I am not convinced Dr E. If anyone around here had a shot at it, you would be the guy to do it.

But it won't happen. You will see Episode III within it's first week of release just like the rest of us.

15. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    It is pointless to resist. I feel the curiosity swelling within you.

16. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    Doubting him only gives him the strength to actually pull it off.

indeed. not that i need much strength after TPM and AOTC. Lucas has done a bang up job of keeping me from wanting to see this one.

17. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Stop it, my stomach hurts! :)

18. DrEvazan

Jun 19, 2002
    You will see Episode III within it's first week of release just like the rest of us.

why? its not like the PT has been so great so far that it would be impossible to go watch another lousy installment. usually when i say i thought TPM and AOTC were total garbage i am told not to go see episode III, and to go find another franchise to watch... now that im not going to see it im told i wont be able to resist.

i have moved on. all i am interested in anymore is the Original OT.

19. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Okay, but sarcasm isn't the same as actually boycotting Episode III.

20. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    why? its not like the PT has been so great so far that it would be impossible to go watch another lousy installment. usually when i say i thought TPM and AOTC were total garbage i am told not to go see episode III, and to go find another franchise to watch... now that im not going to see it im told i wont be able to resist.

i have moved on. all i am interested in anymore is the Original OT.

And I'm sure that, with the DVDs breaking sales records and when RotS makes huge amounts of money, GL is going to pander to a minority of his audience who rip the hell out of him and his new movies, and criticise him personally, by giving them what they want. o_O

I hope he holds his nerve. Originally, I was all for both versions of the movies being released on DVD. But I've since been stunned by the idiocy and bitterness of some of the fans who demand the O-OT, and I've changed my mind - I now hope that the O-OT is consigned to the dustbin of history.

21. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

I now hope that the O-OT is consigned to the dustbin of history.

Then you, my friend, are not a Star Wars fan.

22. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Then you, my friend, are not a Star Wars fan.

Now now, we're all Star Wars fans here. Any of that goes flying and we'll all be eating mod-fury ;)

23. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Guys, stay on topic and no calling each other Trekkies! :p

24. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Damn lousy no good Trekkies always spoiling our fun!! :p :D

25. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Let me go on a tangent (I promise it won't happen again) but I put Star Trek IV and ESB on similar levels.

*rushes off before being pelted* [[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.