main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will C-3PO be de-activated at the end of the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Articulate, Nov 14, 2013.

?

Do you think C-3PO will be de-activated at the end of ST?

1. Yes

26.9%
  2. No

63.5%
  3. Can't Decide

9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    No. The droid duo should always be in the Skywalker Saga...it is their destiny.

2. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I think that was the point though. When the Skywalker Saga is over, there's no more need for Threepio. I don't think Darth_Articulate was advocating that he be deactivated until the very end.

3. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    This. Read the whole question before voting

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I did read it. You said ST, and I voted no. The Skywalker Saga will not end at IX. You can bet on it.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Of course not. ;)

6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Lol. My bad.

7. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    How much?

8. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Disney has signed a ten year min filming deal with Pinewwood for Star Wars, that's two trilogies, and seven spin offs

Immortiss likes this.
  9. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Really? I hadn't heard those specific numbers before. Got a link?

10. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
  11. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I knew about the 10 year deal, but where did you get the numbers of two trilogies and seven spin offs based on that?

12. newdawn12

Feb 9, 2013
    It's common sense, In 79, Kenner talked about the plan for Star Wars to be a nineteen part story.
    George Lucas had plans for the main story to be 12 epidodes, he, and Lucasfilm couldn't do it alone, but with Disney they can.
    Bob Iger has said starting in 2015, we will be seeing a new Star Wars movie every year for the foreseeable future, he never said they would be stopping with nine. Also disney wants Star Wars to match the output of Marvel, if it finishes at nine, than Disney will be closing off future income streams.
    Once they're done telling George's stories, they will have LFL expand the Star Wars film, and tv universe. Lucas may have been content to have gaps between hsi stories, but Disney won't.It's best if you look at the output Marvel now has with TV, and movies, 4 cartoons, 2 to 3 movies per year, New Live action series, and a deal with Netflix.

That will be Star Wars in a few years.

13. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I don't really think we can take something that Kenner said in 1979 as being terribly applicable to the current day.
    I don't see us getting 1 Star Wars movie per year going forward. Heck, I'm willing to take action that we don't get one in calendar year 2016.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  14. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    Initially they said one Star Wars movie every 2-3 years. My understanding was that it would only be one a year throughout the duration of the ST.

15. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    In any case, I don't see them continuing the Skywalker Saga past IX. They will probably go in any which direction after Unky George's stories of this dysfunctional royal family are done. I don't see them being part of this Saga.

Mystery_Roach likes this.
  16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I think you're going to be wrong about that. They may not film them back to back, but it will continue in the later years.

Regardless of what I think will happen, I'm an advocate for new and different era storylines, instead of just the Skywalker lineage. I hope that they branch out into those other time periods and family histories sooner than later.

17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    For sure.

18. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I'd like to see him blasted into a thousand pieces, but not because i hate the character, far from it, more because 3P0 getting put back together is one of those fun parts of star wars.

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Right. They're struggling with Episode VII as it is.

That's probably how Anakin first found him. I can't believe Anakin just built him from scratch, like some people think he had. Maybe Watto refused to spend time fixing him and gave it to Anakin, so he can rebuild it to have it help his mother with her duties. Or maybe some smuggler had little patience for C-3PO and blasted him to pieces during a visit to Tatooine, and Anakin discovered him lying around in some Mos Espa docking bay. So, maybe that's how he'll end up, again — in pieces, lying around for some other unfortunate to find and rebuild.

20. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Ah, well since it says "Foodles" was supposed to start shooting last August I would take it with a grain of salt. If the ten year term is legit then it is likely for multiple films, including, but not limited to, Star Wars. Disney is shooting its own live action properties and the Marvel films at Pinewood as well.

21. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No. C-3PO and R2-D2 will continue to appear in Episodes 10-12 and beyond . . . . at least I sincerely hope this is the case.

IF C-3PO is to be written out, because Anthony Daniel can't or won't continue then Threepio needs to be destroyed.

22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    This reminds me of what they said about (sort of) killing off Data in that Star Trek movie. Unlike Data, though, 3PO does not look that human. If the story requires, they can continue featuring him for far longer. Daniels can provide the voice, even if he would not wear the suit anymore.
    Also, and I'm sure a ton of people will jump up in riots over this suggestion, if 3PO continues to be featured even after Daniels stops wanting / being able to be him... well, I'm pretty sure there are folks out there who can do a great 3PO voice.

In short, I see no need to kill off poor Threepio.

23. Fly Guy

Fly Guy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2013
    Threepio will be luke's secret apprentice in episode 7, and after luke dies, will carry on the jedi order.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Fits with GL's comments about how 3PO and R2 tell the story long after everyone else is dead.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would actually admire Disney somewhat if the final scene of Episode 9 was a single-take static shot of Threepio begging not to be deactivated, a hand reaches into the frame, flips a switch, the light dims from Threepio's eyes and hold frame for 9 minutes of the depowered goldenrod in silence. Iris out to credits against starfield with traditional end credits Star Wars theme march.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.